Perfect when you’re in the mood for a light lunch or a quick fix for your mid-day hunger pang, these delicious lobster tail rolls are a must-try. What’s best is the fact that you can get everything ready super quick in your Instant Pot- so it isn’t time-consuming at all! You'll want to try this Instant Pot lobster recipe.
All you need to do is pick up some hot dog buns and frozen lobster tails, and you’re pretty much sorted.
So how exactly do you nail the recipe? Read on to discover just that and more.
How Do I Make Sure My Lobster Doesn’t End Up Chewy?
One mistake that a lot of people tend to make when cooking lobsters, and any other seafood for that matter, is that they end up overcooking it. If you’ve tried making lobster before, and it ended up chewy, that’s probably because you cooked it for longer than you needed to.
It is always best to stick to the recipe and cook your seafood until it hits that perfect tenderness. And of course, it is also important to not undercook the lobster tails- consuming undercooked seafood can pose several health risks.
- lobster meat
- old bay seasoning
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- melted butter
- split-top hot dog buns
- other cooked seafood
Supplies Used to Make Lobster Tail Instant Pot Rolls
- Steamer basket - You can use a steamer basket or a trivet to set the lobster on in the inner pot to pressure cook lobster tails. It makes it easier to lift the lobster tails out of the Instant Pot.
- Silicone tongs - Use a nice set of tongs to lift the lobster tails so your hands don't get messy.
- Seafood tool set - You can use kitchen shears or a nice seafood toolset to open the shell get the lobster meat ready for the lobster salad.
- Cutting board - Chop up the lobster meat and other seafood meat and then mix with the mayonnaise sauce to complete the lobster roll recipe.
How to Make Lobster Rolls
Making this lobster Instant Pot recipe is easier than you'd think it would be. Maine lobster rolls are a classic seafood recipe and often thought to be the best lobster roll recipe around. This is our take on how to make that classic roll.
First, slice the underside shell of the lobster tails and place them into the Instant Pot to cook. Be careful to follow the cooking time in the recipe card because you don't want to overcook the lobster.
While the lobster cooks, mix up the mayonnaise sauce.
After the meat cooks, chop it up along with the other seafood meat and mix it in with the sauce.
Do I Have Them Hot or Cold?
The best part about these lobster rolls is that you can have them practically any way you prefer- hot or cold. Mayonnaise based lobster rolls are typically served cold, but if you prefer it warm, you can always warm up the buns a bit and make them fresh to enjoy these rolls warm.
Why Add the Other Seafood?
While the rolls taste great with just the lobster tails too, you might be wondering why the recipe calls for adding a cup of other seafood as well. Well, that’s simply because when it comes to lobsters, the tail isn’t that packed full of flavor as the other parts, and if you want to enjoy a flavorful roll, adding in some other seafood can really help take its taste up a notch.
Plus, you’ll also be able to enjoy a bit of different texture to your roll, which is cool.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Loved these lobster rolls? Looking to make it a complete meal? The quick and easy way to do that is to team it up with a side or an accompaniment, and if you’re feeling stuck for ideas, we’ve got you covered there as well.
Here are some excellent sides that can taste great when paired along with these lobster rolls.
- Steamed veggies tossed in butter and garlic.
- A leafy green salad with a light vinaigrette
- A simple coleslaw
- A potato salad with a mustard based vinaigrette
- Garden pasta salad
- Watermelon and feta salad
- A creamy corn salad
- Spicy cucumber and onion salad