Sharing is caring!
Perfect when you’re in the mood for a light lunch or a quick fix for your mid-day hunger pang, these delicious lobster tail rolls are a must-try. What’s best is the fact that you can get everything ready super quick in your Instant Pot- so it isn’t time-consuming at all! You'll want to try this Instant Pot lobster recipe.
All you need to do is pick up some hot dog buns and frozen lobster tails, and you’re pretty much sorted.
So how exactly do you nail the recipe? Read on to discover just that and more.
How Do I Make Sure My Lobster Doesn’t End Up Chewy?
One mistake that a lot of people tend to make when cooking lobsters, and any other seafood for that matter, is that they end up overcooking it. If you’ve tried making lobster before, and it ended up chewy, that’s probably because you cooked it for longer than you needed to.
It is always best to stick to the recipe and cook your seafood until it hits that perfect tenderness. And of course, it is also important to not undercook the lobster tails- consuming undercooked seafood can pose several health risks.
- lobster meat
- old bay seasoning
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- melted butter
- split-top hot dog buns
- other cooked seafood
Supplies Used to Make Lobster Tail Instant Pot Rolls
- Steamer basket - You can use a steamer basket or a trivet to set the lobster on in the inner pot to pressure cook lobster tails. It makes it easier to lift the lobster tails out of the Instant Pot.
- Silicone tongs - Use a nice set of tongs to lift the lobster tails so your hands don't get messy.
- Seafood tool set - You can use kitchen shears or a nice seafood toolset to open the shell get the lobster meat ready for the lobster salad.
- Cutting board - Chop up the lobster meat and other seafood meat and then mix with the mayonnaise sauce to complete the lobster roll recipe.
How to Make Lobster Rolls
Making this lobster Instant Pot recipe is easier than you'd think it would be. Maine lobster rolls are a classic seafood recipe and often thought to be the best lobster roll recipe around. This is our take on how to make that classic roll.
First, slice the underside shell of the lobster tails and place them into the Instant Pot to cook. Be careful to follow the cooking time in the recipe card because you don't want to overcook the lobster.
While the lobster cooks, mix up the mayonnaise sauce.
After the meat cooks, chop it up along with the other seafood meat and mix it in with the sauce.
Do I Have Them Hot or Cold?
The best part about these lobster rolls is that you can have them practically any way you prefer- hot or cold. Mayonnaise based lobster rolls are typically served cold, but if you prefer it warm, you can always warm up the buns a bit and make them fresh to enjoy these rolls warm.
Why Add the Other Seafood?
While the rolls taste great with just the lobster tails too, you might be wondering why the recipe calls for adding a cup of other seafood as well. Well, that’s simply because when it comes to lobsters, the tail isn’t that packed full of flavor as the other parts, and if you want to enjoy a flavorful roll, adding in some other seafood can really help take its taste up a notch.
Plus, you’ll also be able to enjoy a bit of different texture to your roll, which is cool.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Loved these lobster rolls? Looking to make it a complete meal? The quick and easy way to do that is to team it up with a side or an accompaniment, and if you’re feeling stuck for ideas, we’ve got you covered there as well.
Here are some excellent sides that can taste great when paired along with these lobster rolls.
- Steamed veggies tossed in butter and garlic.
- A leafy green salad with a light vinaigrette
- A simple coleslaw
- A potato salad with a mustard based vinaigrette
- Garden pasta salad
- Watermelon and feta salad
- A creamy corn salad
- Spicy cucumber and onion salad
Try These Other Instant Pot Seafood Recipes
Lobster & Lobster Roll Sandwiches
- 1 cup water
- 4 lobster frozen tails
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 4 split top hot dog buns
- 1 cup other cooked seafood (i.e.: shrimp, crab, shrimp, etc.) cut into 3/4 in pieces
- Place 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot. Sprinkle in your Old Bay seasoning with the water.
- Cut a slice down the back of the lobster tails with a pair of kitchen scissors. Add the trivet to the inner pot of your pressure cooker, and then add your lobster tails onto the trivet.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and close the valve to seal. Set your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or other pressure cooker to high pressure for four minutes.
- While the lobster tails are cooking, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper, and butter.
- Once your Insta pot cooking time finishes, do a quick pressure release.
- Remove your lobster tails from the instant pot with tongs and transfer them to a cutting board. Cut open the shells from the tails and remove the lobster meat.
- Chop up lobster meat and other seafood and add it to the mayonnaise mixture. Mix well.
- Divide the seafood mixture between the rolls. Top with parsley or lemon juice for extra flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tribal Cooking Plastic Cutting Boards Set of 3 - Professional Chopping Boards Sets Made From Thick, Non Porous Plastic With No BPA - Dishwasher Safe Cutting Boards With Juice Grooves & Carrying Handle
Seafood Tools Set for 2 - Seafood Scissors, Lobster Crackers, Seafood Forks and Butter Cups - Lobster Utensils - Gift for Seafood Lovers
Kaluns Kitchen Tongs for Cooking, Non Stick Silicone Tip Stainless Steel Tongs, Set of Four 7,9, and 12 Inch Tong Plus Silicone Spatula Non-stick, Heat Resistant Serving Utensils
Aozita Steamer Basket for Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt or 8 quart - 2 Tier Stackable 18/8 Stainless Steel Mesh Strainer Basket - Silicone Handle - Vegetable Steamer Insert, Egg Basket, Pasta Strainer
Amount Per Serving Calories 459Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 121mgSodium 1698mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 34g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!