Instant Pot Lava Cake is one dessert you will love to make in your Instant Pot. A chocolate cake with a gooey and rich center that will win melt in your mouth.
If you are a fan of takeout lava cakes you will enjoy making them in your pressure cooker. A molten lava cake that is loaded with flavor.
Table of contents
Instant Pot Lava Cake
Here you have a tried and true recipe that is full of flavor. You could even do nutella style or peanut butter center if you would prefer.
Make single serve cakes that you can drizzle with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce or even dust with powdered sugar.
What Is Lava Cake
A lava cake is unique as when you cut into the cake, it oozes a chocolate sauce, hence the lava name. Many restaurants serve up a cake like this for a dessert.
The Best Lava Cake Recipe
You will find the best lava cake recipe below. It is one I have used for so long. Great for making for anniversaries, holidays, dessert for 2, and of course a date night at home.
You can make restaurant quality desserts right in your Instant Pot. you will find this recipe is so easy as well. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Can I Double The Recipe
If you want to double the recipe you can. You will just need to cook in batches is. Your Instant Pot will only hold so much so you can make as many as you would like on these lava cakes. Just batch cook and then you will be all set.
What Chocolate To Use
The thing is with this recipe you are welcome to use a milk chocolate or reach for a semi-sweet chocolate. I find that a darker chocolate will offer a richer flavor and really elevate your cake.
With milk chocolate, it will be a lot milder in flavor. Which is totally fine if you prefer that. I have done it with a mix of chocolates in the past and we tend to do semi-sweet or dark chocolate when we make our cakes.
Can I Make Molten Lava Cakes In Advance
While I love these lava cakes fresh out of the Pressure Cooker you can indeed make them in advance. They will store for up to two days in the fridge.
Then when you go to serve them up just reheat in the microwave for 15-30 seconds or until the cakes are warm. Then add on your fresh fruit, ice cream, or other toppings of choice.
Searching For More Popular Desserts
- Pot-In-Pot Rice Pudding | Here is a rice pudding that uses the pot-in-pot method. It is a great dessert that is totally comforting on every single level. Whip this up in no time today.
- Cherry Cobbler | This cherry cobbler is the ultimate dessert for me. Cherry pie filling collides with a cobbler base that is perfect for an easy pressure cooker dessert.
- Creme Brulee Cheesecake | Two favorite desserts collide into one epic recipe. Cheesecake and creme brulee team up for one cheesecake you will have a hard time resisting.
- Blackberry Cheesecake Swirl | Here is one dessert you got to love. This cheesecake swirl of blackberries is perfect for summer and spring months. Great for cookouts, weeknight desserts and more.
- Creamsicle Cheesecake | Here is a great recipe to consider. If you love orange creamsicle than let me know how you like this cheesecake.
Can I Make This Cake Gluten Free
Sure, if you want you can reach for a gluten-free flour substitute. Now, depending on the type of flour substitute will alter the flavor.
I have not done this, so I can't 100% tell you it will work perfectly. You might have to trial and error to find what works.
But if you use a flour substitute most is a ratio of 1:1 replacement, so make sure to read the label. Then whip up accordingly.
It should cook in the same amount of time. If you find a gluten-free substitute that works let me know in the comments below so others can try it as well.
More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Instant Pot Pound Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes Cheesecake Recipe
- Blueberry Muffin Cake Recipe & Instant Pot Baking Accessories
- Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pecan Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Churro Bites Using Egg Bite Mold
Check out more of our favorite Instant Pot recipes BELOW the Lava Cake recipe.
Instant Pot Recipes for Meal Planning
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread
- The Best Instant Pot Cookbooks to Get Your Hands On
- Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice and Beans
- Ham Potato Soup - Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Food Cooking Times
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- How To Make Instant Pot Homemade Dog Food
- Steel Cut Oatmeal Recipe for the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or Other Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot vs Crock Pot: Which One's Better?
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries with Poutine Gravy
- Instant Pot Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Fried Chicken
- Instant Pot Barbacoa Shredded Beef Tacos
- Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs