Sharing is caring!
Instant Pot Lava Cake is one dessert you will love to make in your Instant Pot. A chocolate cake with a gooey and rich center that will win melt in your mouth.
If you are a fan of takeout lava cakes you will enjoy making them in your pressure cooker. A molten lava cake that is loaded with flavor.
Table of contents
Instant Pot Lava Cake
Here you have a tried and true recipe that is full of flavor. You could even do nutella style or peanut butter center if you would prefer.
Make single serve cakes that you can drizzle with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce or even dust with powdered sugar.
What Is Lava Cake
A lava cake is unique as when you cut into the cake, it oozes a chocolate sauce, hence the lava name. Many restaurants serve up a cake like this for a dessert.
The Best Lava Cake Recipe
You will find the best lava cake recipe below. It is one I have used for so long. Great for making for anniversaries, holidays, dessert for 2, and of course a date night at home.
You can make restaurant quality desserts right in your Instant Pot. you will find this recipe is so easy as well. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Can I Double The Recipe
If you want to double the recipe you can. You will just need to cook in batches is. Your Instant Pot will only hold so much so you can make as many as you would like on these lava cakes. Just batch cook and then you will be all set.
What Chocolate To Use
The thing is with this recipe you are welcome to use a milk chocolate or reach for a semi-sweet chocolate. I find that a darker chocolate will offer a richer flavor and really elevate your cake.
With milk chocolate, it will be a lot milder in flavor. Which is totally fine if you prefer that. I have done it with a mix of chocolates in the past and we tend to do semi-sweet or dark chocolate when we make our cakes.
Can I Make Molten Lava Cakes In Advance
While I love these lava cakes fresh out of the Pressure Cooker you can indeed make them in advance. They will store for up to two days in the fridge.
Then when you go to serve them up just reheat in the microwave for 15-30 seconds or until the cakes are warm. Then add on your fresh fruit, ice cream, or other toppings of choice.
Searching For More Popular Desserts
- Pot-In-Pot Rice Pudding | Here is a rice pudding that uses the pot-in-pot method. It is a great dessert that is totally comforting on every single level. Whip this up in no time today.
- Cherry Cobbler | This cherry cobbler is the ultimate dessert for me. Cherry pie filling collides with a cobbler base that is perfect for an easy pressure cooker dessert.
- Creme Brulee Cheesecake | Two favorite desserts collide into one epic recipe. Cheesecake and creme brulee team up for one cheesecake you will have a hard time resisting.
- Blackberry Cheesecake Swirl | Here is one dessert you got to love. This cheesecake swirl of blackberries is perfect for summer and spring months. Great for cookouts, weeknight desserts and more.
- Creamsicle Cheesecake | Here is a great recipe to consider. If you love orange creamsicle than let me know how you like this cheesecake.
Can I Make This Cake Gluten Free
Sure, if you want you can reach for a gluten-free flour substitute. Now, depending on the type of flour substitute will alter the flavor.
I have not done this, so I can't 100% tell you it will work perfectly. You might have to trial and error to find what works.
But if you use a flour substitute most is a ratio of 1:1 replacement, so make sure to read the label. Then whip up accordingly.
It should cook in the same amount of time. If you find a gluten-free substitute that works let me know in the comments below so others can try it as well.
More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- Banana Instant Pot Cake Recipes — Easy Instant Pot Cakes
- Copycat Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops Recipe
- Instant Pot Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Recipe Is SO Tasty
- Instant Pot 2-Ingredient 7-Up or Sprite Lemon Cake
- Starbucks Pink Cake Pops Recipe
- Instant Pot Cake Recipe - Applesauce Spice Cake
- Air Fryer Granola
- Instant Pot Pound Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Recipe
Check out more of our favorite Instant Pot recipes BELOW the Lava Cake recipe.
Supplies used to make the best Lava Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Duo
- Microwave Bowl
- Mixing Bowls
- Cooking Spray
- Silicone Lid
- Heat Resistant Gloves
- Cooling Rack
Ingredients used on the easiest Instant Pot Lava Cake
- In a large bowl, mix your chocolate chips and butter in the microwave. Warm them on high in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each time.
- To the large bowl, add in your powdered sugar. Mix well until incorporated.
- Add your eggs and egg yolk to the mixture. Mix well.
- Add in your vanilla and flour to the mixture. Mix well.
- Spray each of your ramekins with cooking spray. Make sure that the inside is completely coated with the spray.
- Pour in your mixture almost completely full to the ramekin.
- Add 1 cup of water to your instant pot. Place your trivet inside of the instant pot. Set 4 ramekins on the trivet. Close your instant pot by twisting the lid on and closing the valve.
- Set your Instant pot to high pressure for 9 minutes. It should take about five minutes to come to pressure. When the timer is complete, do a quick release on the instant pot by opening the valve by pulling it towards you. Make sure to open the valve with a hot pad or towel to protect from heat.
- Remove the ramekin from the instant pot with tongs or a towel. Transfer to a cooling rack. Continue to fill your ramekins with the mixture. Some water will have been cooked out from the bottom of the pot. I suggest removing the pot, dumping that water, and sealing your instant pot with one more cup of water to ensure that you have enough water for the next session. Continue steps 7 to 9 until all your lava cakes are cooked!
You can eat these lava cakes straight out of the ramekin. Or you can place it upside down on a plate and allow the cake to slide out from the dish. You can shower it with powdered sugar, caramel drizzle, whip cream, or even ice cream! Eat and enjoy with a spoon.
- Can my dog have Chocolate Lava Cake? Never give your dog chocolate, nothing that contains a little bit of chocolate is good for your dog. Chocolate contains a component called theobromine, which is very easy for humans to synthesize, but it is not so easy for dogs, which makes them prone to accumulate it in their bodies and become dangerously intoxicated.
- Can my cat have Chocolate Lava Cake? Your cat cannot eat chocolate and any dessert in general, but especially desserts made with chocolate. The theobromine present in chocolate is a substance that cats cannot eliminate, so if they consume this it can accumulate in their body and reach toxic and deadly levels for them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11 in 1, Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, Slow Cook, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Vasa Casa Serving Bowls, 36 Ounce Salad Bowls, Large Bowls Set for Salad, Pasta, Soup, Dessert, White Bowls for Kitchen, Microwave & Dishwasher Safe, Set of 4, White
Toshiba ML-EM34P(SS) Smart Countertop Microwave Oven Works with Alexa, Humidity Sensor and Sound On/Off Function, 1100W, 1.3 Cu Ft, Stainless Steel
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 Piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
La Tourangelle, Avocado Oil Spray, All-Natural Handcrafted from Premium Avocados, Great for Cooking, Butter Substitute, and Skin and Hair Care, Spray Cooking and Grilling Oil, 5 fl oz
DOWAN 4 oz Ramekins - Ramekins for Creme Brulee Porcelain Ramekins Oven Safe, Classic Style Ramekins for Baking Souffle Ramekins Bowls, Set of 6, White
Instant Pot Stainless Steel Official Wire Roasting Rack, Compatible with 6-quart and 8-quart cookers
Instant Pot Silicone Lid, 8 quart, White
BBQ Gloves, Heat-Resistant Waterproof and Non-Slip Extended Silicone Gloves for Barbecue, Kitchen Cooking, Oven, Smoker, Microwave Baking
Hiware 2-Pack Cooling Racks for Baking - 10" x 15" - Stainless Steel Wire Cookie Rack Fits Jelly Roll Sheet Pan, Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling
Amount Per Serving Calories 421Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 153mgSodium 158mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 2gSugar 34gProtein 5g
Instant Pot Recipes for Meal Planning
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
- Easy Guide on How to Cook a Frozen Ham in a Crockpot: Delicious Results Every Time
- Can You Put Frozen Pork Loin in Crock Pot? - Safe & Delicious Slow Cooking Tips
- How To Triple A Recipe (Or Double It) In A Snap
- Instant Pot Fried Chicken
- The Essential Guide to Effective Bread Proofing Techniques
- 7 Affordable Rehearsal Dinner Ideas
- 10 Delicious Dinner Ideas with Cornbread
- Delicious Dinner Ideas with Mashed Potatoes
- Back Ribs vs Baby Back Ribs: Understanding the Difference
- How to Freeze Dry Candy: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How Big is a Brisket? A Comprehensive Guide
- Delicious and Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes for Dinner
- Steak in an Air Fryer: The Secret to Mouthwatering Meals
- How to Season Hamburgers for the Grill | Cooking Tips
- Elevate Your Appetizer Game with Unique Charcuterie Board Alternatives
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!