Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Craving for egg rolls but ran out of wrappers? Here’s an easy keto egg roll in a bowl recipe you can try out instead.
On the hunt for a quick and easy dinner to fix for the entire family? Here’s another keto friendly recipe you can try out when you’re on a time crunch, and are looking to whip up a healthy and delicious meal.
This egg roll recipe is so convenient and flavor packed, you might find yourself making it again and again.
But before you go ahead and get started on trying this out, here’s what you need to know beforehand.
Why is it keto egg roll in a bowl if it Doesn’t Have an Egg in it?
You’d be surprised to know that the traditional egg roll actually doesn’t have egg in it as a key ingredient.
The reason they’re actually called egg rolls is because of the egg content in the wrappers for the rolls.
However, don’t let that stop you from adding in some scrambled eggs into the mix for this bowl if you feel like doing that- eggs can be an excellent source of protein and can make your keto egg roll in a bowl taste absolutely fantastic too.
What Kind of Meat Can I Use?
Our recipe calls for using ground chicken, but if you don’t have it, or are looking to experiment with another meat, you could totally do that too.
Ground beef or ground pork are usually a great option to try out. It is often best to opt for grass fed organic meat, preferably with a higher healthy fat content.
I Don’t Have Bone Broth. What Else Can I Use?
The easiest way to replace bone broth in a recipe is to use a bouillon or stock cube instead, along with some water of course.
You can also switch to using chicken or beef stock instead of a bone broth for this recipe- or even vegetable stock if you feel like it.
The reason behind using bone broth is primarily the health factor.
It is one of the healthiest additions you could make to your food- apart from being incredibly nutritionally dense, it has also been found to help with everything from promoting healthy sleep and aiding weight loss to reducing the risk of osteoarthritis and calming down the digestive system.
More Asian-Inspired Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chinese BBQ Pork Recipe
- Instant Pot Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Curry Recipe
- Copycat PF Chang’s Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Spicy Instant Pot Lo Mein Recipe
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
- Instant Pot Copycat Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Thai-Inspired Peanut Noodles
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Looking to take your egg roll bowls up a notch? You can team them up with a good side dish that will complement the flavors. Looking for some ideas to try out? Here are a few to get you started on.
- Chicken fried rice
- Stir fried noodles and veggies
- Bok choy or broccoli stir fry
- Chinese style cucumber salad
- Dim sums
- Egg drop soup
- Pickled cucumber
- Napa cabbage stir fry
- Shrimp fried rice
- Green bean salad
- Garlic stir fry
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It’ll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 1-pound ground chicken
- 1 bag pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Once Instant Pot warms, add your ground meat, soy sauce, and seasonings then brown.
- Turn the Instant Pot off, if using a fatty meat, drain the meat.
- Add the broth then add the coleslaw mix over the meat without mixing.
- Twist on the Instant Pot lid and make sure the steam valve is sealed.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for zero minutes.
- When cooking is finished, release the pressure and then remove the lid.
- Mix together.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 922mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g
More Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Meatloaf – A Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- Semi Homemade Pop Tarts Instant Pot
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Creamer – Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- How to Make Chicken Chili in the Instant Pot
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake – Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Banana Bread without a Pan
- Peach Iced Tea – Instant Pot Iced Tea
- Instant Pot Cherry BBQ Sauce
- Instant Pot Carnitas Recipe – a Pressure Cooker Dinner
- Pumpkin Cake with Caramel – Instant Pot Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Chinese BBQ Pork Recipe
- Instant Pot Meatloaf Bites- Egg Bites Meatloaf Recipe
- How to Make Instant Pot Vanilla Extract