Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
On the hunt for a delicious and easy instant pot jam recipe? This Strawberry Orange Jam recipe is a great choice to get started with.
Whether you’re a busy mom desperately looking for easy to cook meal ideas and recipes, or are just really exploring your cooking skills, you know your instant pot could be a big lifesaver!
You can quickly whip up a delicious, home cooked meal for an entire family, discover new ways to make your favorite foods (even cheesecakes!) and even whip up healthier, homemade alternatives to your regular store bought products- much like this one!
With just 5 minutes of prep time, you can actually recreate a delicious orange and strawberry instant pot jam in your kitchen and once you give it a taste, you’ll never go back to that store bought jam again.
Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- Kitchen Scale– A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer– Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many ‘inexpensive’ thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
What Makes Up This Instant Pot Jam?
If you’ve never made jam yourself, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make it! All you’ll need is the fruit in question- this time, it is strawberries and oranges, some fruit pectin, sugar and that’s pretty much it.
For this recipe though, we’ll also need some apple cider vinegar, which will lend a nice touch of sourness and tartness to the jam.
While pretty much all the ingredients you need to whip up this jam might already be in your pantry, there’s one ingredient that probably isn’t. It’s pectin.
Pectin is actually one of the most essential ingredients you’ll need to create your jam.
It actually binds with the sugar and fruit acids, and creates a sort of gel which doesn’t just lend your jam that perfect jelly-like consistency, but also reduces cooking time.
This, in turn, makes your jam taste more intense and fruity.
I Don’t Have Pectin. Can I Still Make This Jam?
Well, ideally, the best way to make sure your homemade jam has the right consistency and flavor profile is to have all the ingredients in the right proportions.
Pectin is an absolutely important ingredient you need to have when you’re planning to make jam yourself.
There is, however, a little trick that can help you make a delicious and healthier version of this very jam, even when you don’t have pectin- there’s a secret ingredient in play, and you might not even be able to guess what it is! It’s chia seeds.
Chia seeds tend to soak up liquid, swell and have that nice glutinous texture that is similar to what pectin does in jams.
Though it is not an actual replacement for pectin, you can try creating a small batch of this jam by replacing the pectin with some soaked chia seeds.
More Instant Pot Jam and Sauce Recipes
- Easy Instant Pot Dulce de Leche Recipe
- Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe
- Instant Pot Cranberry Butter
- Instant Pot Jam – Strawberry Orange Jam Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Mango Chutney Recipe
Serving Ideas & Suggestions:
This instant pot strawberry orange jam is the perfect recipe to try during the summer months. You can team it up with your bowl of oatmeal in the morning or just spread it over your toast.
This jam also tastes mind blowing when combined with your rice pudding.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 8 whole oranges, peeled
- 3 cups strawberries
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 package fruit pectin
- Peel, cut and dice the oranges and set to the side.
- Cut and dice the strawberries.
- Mix the oranges, and strawberries with sugar in the Instant Pot.
- Let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the apple cider to the fruit mixture and stir to combine.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and close the valve to the sealed position.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual for 1 minute.
- Release pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Carefully release the valve and remove the lid.
- Using a hand blender blender, combine until well mixed.
- Drain excess juice if needed.
- Turn Instant Pot to ‘saute’ function and allow the jam to come to a boil.
- Add the pectin to the Instant Pot and mix to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled then pour into jars, and seal. Store in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 1g
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Jambalaya Recipe – Creole Jambalaya
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats – Banana Split Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal with Blueberries, Bananas and Pecans
- Instant Pot Oatmeal — Chocolate Peanut Butter Quick Oats
- Instant Pot Orange BBQ Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta — A New Take on Taco Tuesday
- Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Blackberry Cheesecake Recipe with a Swirl
- Instant Pot Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Recipe
- Instant Pot New York Cheesecake Recipe
- Apple, Walnuts and Honey Instant Pot Quick Oats
- Instant Pot Orzo & Italian Sausage Easy Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes- You Will Love Our Vegetable Beef Soup