Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
One thing is for certain. This Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Pasta recipe has so much flavor and taste. A crazy amount of cheesy chicken goodness in every single bite. It's one meal that I really look forward to making but it's super simple and everyone in the family loves it too.
And if you're worried about it being too spicy, don't be. There can be all types of heat levels when it comes to cooking with jalapenos so you can always nibble them ahead of time before adding them to the recipe.
Using your Instant Pot makes this recipe super simple and such a great way to end the day.
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Pasta
I love adding in chicken as my choice of protein to the majority of our Instant Pot recipes. As you can see from the list below, we make a lot of them! Teriyaki Chicken and Chicken Enchilada Casserole are two favorites.
Instant Pot Recipes Using Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Sticky Sauce
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Rice
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Leek Soup
- more Chicken recipes
Tips for Making Instant Pot Chicken Pasta with Jalapeno Peppers
Make certain that the chicken is cooked entirely during the process. For chicken to be considered safe to eat, you're going to want to ensure that it has an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees. You can manually check this with a meat thermometer if you're concerned.
The pasta shells are a fun addition but you can either omit or replace them with rice if you want. This is still pretty flavorful and would be considered a hearty meal.
Can you overcook pasta in the Instant Pot?
You can. You need to be certain that you're following the ingredients and directions listed below so that you're not cooking the pasta for too long. The last thing that you want is mushy pasta!
Instant Pot Chicken Pasta Kitchen Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
- Colander/strainer – This is a go to kitchen tool that is needed for draining pasta, or rinsing rice or vegetables.
- Garlic press with cleaning tool – Our garlic press is used practically daily, and if you love garlic, you will use this tool a lot! The press comes with a cleaning tool which is absolutely essential in order to clean the fine holes that are used to mince the garlic.
- Meat cleaver/butcher knife – If you don't have a good knife that you use for chopping/dicing meat, this is a high quality knife you will love.
- Pasta storage containers – These storage containers are amazing. Keep your pantry clean and organized and get rid of all the needless pasta boxes.
What ingredient additions could you add to this Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Pasta recipe?
You can really vary up the ingredients for this recipe. Leave out the bacon entirely or add in more. You can even sneak in some vegetables like chopped broccoli to add a healthier aspect as well.
Can you freeze this Pasta recipe for later?
Yes, you can. This recipe makes quite a large batch of pasta so you might find that you have quite a bit leftover. If you do, just load up in a freezer-safe container and add to the freezer.
It's really as simple as that. Then when you're ready to eat, you can unthaw, warm, and enjoy.
How spicy is this Jalapeno Popper Pasta?
It all just depends on how spicy the jalapenos are that you're using. If they're mild, the dish is going to be mild. But if they're crazy hot, well…you just might be chugging a lot of water with this dish!
Is there an option to leave out the chicken?
Absolutely. If you want to omit the chicken (and bacon, too!) just leave those steps out of the recipe. You can easily make this dish meat-free in no time at all. It's still going to have an amazing taste and flavor and be a hearty and delicious meal.
- Garlic press with cleaning tool
- Meat cleaver/butcher knife
- Pasta storage containers
Jalapeño Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1 - 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups of water
- 1 (16 ounces) box pasta shells
- ½ cup cooked chopped bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn on the sauté mode and heat until hot. Add in the oil, chicken, garlic, and jalapenos. Cook the chicken on all sides.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pot by adding water and using a flat spoon to scarp the bottom of the pan. Cancel sauté mode.
- Add in salt and pasta shells. Don't stir.
- Put the lid on and set the valve to sealing. Put the pressure cooker to "manual" or "pressure cook" for 6 minutes of time. Once done, quick release.
- At that time, stir in the cream cheese, bacon, and 2 cups of cheese.
- Top with extra cheese and more bacon if you want. Put the lid on the pressure cooker to help melt the cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Sous Vide, Roast, Bake, Broil, and Warmer|8 Quart|11 One-Touch Programs
HIC Souffle, Fine White Porcelain, 7.5-Inch, 48-Ounce, 1.5-Quarts Capacity
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Multifunction Basket, Pressure Cooker Steam Rack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 48g