Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken is one of my favorites. A sweet and savory Hawaiian chicken recipe that tastes better than takeout.
Table of contents
I am a huge fan of chicken recipes to incorporate into our meal plan. This Hawaiian chicken in Instant Pot is tender and juicy chicken served over a bed of rice.
If you're looking for another Hawaain inspired recipe to try, you need to test our Instant Pot beef stew Hawaii inspired recipe.
Kitchen Supplies for Instant Pot
- Kitchen Scale- A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer- Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many 'inexpensive' thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
Create a unique and flavorful dish that is going to tickle your tastebuds with delight after the first bite. Plus, kids will even ask for a second helping of this recipe.
How To Make Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
Start by cooking your chicken in the Instant Pot on the saute feature with a little sesame oil.
Once the chicken is browned, add in your seasonings, onion, garlic, and ginger, stir. Then add the rest of the ingredients in the bottom of the pot.
Then you will work rinse and add your rice into the top pan. Then cook according to the directions below in the printable card.
Once you get it cooked you will turn it back to saute and add the cornstarch slurry to help thicken up the mixture.
Spoon it over the rice and grab a fork and dive in!
Do I Have To Cook This With Rice
No, if you would prefer to not do rice, go right ahead and leave it out. I just love utilizing my cooking to get a whole meal cooked at once.
You can serve this dish alone or pair with your favorite side dishes. For a lower-carb option you could reach for cauliflower rice if you would prefer.
Here are even more Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Breast | A classic recipe that you can use for almost anything. Serve over a bed of greens, rice, pair with your favorite sides, and more.
- Creamy Chicken Leek Soup | This is one of my favorites. A creamy leek soup that is loaded with chicken for a nice protein-packed soup to warm you up.
- Jerk Chicken | A ton of flavor in this jerk chicken recipe. Great for a quick dinner or serving a crowd.
- Chicken Curry | A spiced up dish that will melt in your mouth. Skip the restaurant and make your own curry at home.
Can I Use Fresh Pineapple
You can use fresh pineapple but you will want to add juice. As with canned, you would use the juice as well.
So make sure to pick up some pineapple juice to add-in. Or if your fresh pineapple produces juice as you cut it, you can use that as well.
Try Our Latest Recipes
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread