Sharing is caring!
I love when I find a recipe that makes a staple food easier to make. And that's exactly how I feel about this simple and quick recipe for Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs! Hard-boiled eggs are great eaten solo as a protein-rich snack.
The first time you make boiled eggs in an electric pressure cooker, you will be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is. Make a dozen eggs in less time than you would using the stovetop method and have a quick breakfast ready in no time. If you don't have an egg rack, you can use a steamer basket, other container or metal trivet.
Perfect hard boiled eggs also make a delicious addition to a green salad and taste amazing when added to tuna and chicken salads. Plus, who doesn't love snacking on classic Deviled eggs? Or a potato salad with hard-boiled eggs.
I always keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge for for a healthy snack, egg salad, and other recipes. That's why I am thrilled with this foolproof recipe for Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs!
This new method of cooking eggs in a pressure cooker on manual setting is a game changer. You can use farm-fresh brown eggs, white eggs, extra-large eggs or a mix of all three next time you make eggs. In our experience, this method is the best way to make hard boiled eggs in an insta pot in a quick and efficient manner.
Forget the cracked eggs when you make Instant Pot eggs. 5 minutes pressure cook on high pressure using the manual button, 5 minutes natural pressure release, and then 5 minutes in a cold water bath is all you need for this great recipe that is the only way we make hard boiled eggs.
Table of contents
- Why You Will Love This Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs Recipe
- Ingredients Used to Make Instant Pot Duo Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Why Make Instant Pot Hard Cooked Eggs
- Additional Delicious and Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- How to Make Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs 8 qt Pressure Cooker Eggs
- Check Out Our Recent Recipes
Why You Will Love This Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs Recipe
Because it is easy and fast! Just place the eggs into the Instant Pot basket, pop the basket into the pot and then set the timer. No more waiting for water to boil.
No more boiling water splashing on the stove. No more eggs cracking as they bounce against each other. No more forgetting the eggs on the stove and having them boil dry.
Well, maybe that's just my issue, but in any case, it is no longer a worry with this Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Egg recipe.
Make Hard Boiled Eggs In:
- Instant Pot Duo or any Instant Pot model
- Ninja Foodi
- Insignia pressure cooker
- A pressure cooker that is another model.
Ingredients Used to Make Instant Pot Duo Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 12 eggs, or more
Supplies Used to Make Instant Pot Duo Hard Boiled Eggs
Why Make Instant Pot Hard Cooked Eggs
The Instant Pot makes a perfect hard-boiled egg. Every. Single. Time. Boiling eggs always sounds like a simple concept, but I often under-cook or, as previously mentioned, overcook my eggs.
But we have kicked that dilemma to the curb with this Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Egg recipe.
So simple to peel!
I'm not sure what it is about that Instant Pot environment, but it is so much easier to peel the shells off of eggs that are hard-boiled in the Instant Pot.
Try it for yourself and see!
Additional Delicious and Easy Instant Pot Recipes
If you love cooking in the Instant Pot as much as I do, then you'll want to check out these other great Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Salmon is a delicious, healthy and popular dinner choice.
Looking for a great dish to go with that awesome salmon? How about making Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad?
And let's not forget about a sweet and tasty dessert! Try this recipe for easy and colorful Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cake.
How to Make Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs
Don't be intimidated to learn how to hard boil eggs with Instant Pots or other pressure cookers.
Step #1: Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
Step #2: Next, add eggs to a boiled egg basket or to the trivet.
Step #3: Place steaming basket into Instant Pot over water.
Step #4: Close the lid on the pressure cooker and then turn the valve to the sealing position.
Step #5: Set to a manual high time for 5 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, allow a natural release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
Step #6: Remove eggs from the steamer basket and place them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Shells will easily peel off the eggs with little effort.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs 8 qt Pressure Cooker Eggs
Enjoy! This recipe works great form making 12 hard boiled eggs in Instant Pot at one time, or you could make even more if room allows. Cooking hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot saves a lot of time when you want to boil eggs. Not only that, but Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are also super easy to peel.
Supplies Used to Make Instant Pot Duo Hard Boiled Eggs
How to Cook Hard Boiled Eggs in an Instant Pot Duo - Instapot Cooking Instructions
- Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add eggs to an egg steaming basket or to the trivet over water. I normally Instant Pot hard boiled eggs 12 at a time because that is what we'll go through in a few days.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to the sealing position.
- Set to a manual high time for 5 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, do a natural release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Remove eggs from the steamer basket and place them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process for 5 minutes. You can simply lift the steamer basket out of the inner pot and then lower the steamer basket and eggs into the ice water bath. The hard boiled egg shells will easily peel off the eggs with little effort.
Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs, or Eggs in Other Pressure Cooker Models
Once you've learned how to cook boiled eggs in Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or another pressure cooker, you will want to make eggs like this for all your recipes using boiled eggs. When you fix boiled eggs in an Instant Pot, you save so much time.
We use our boiled eggs to make deviled eggs, egg salad for sandwiches, potato salad, and just to eat on their own for breakfast or to slice up for salads. Eggs are a great source of protein.
- Can my dog have Hard Boiled Eggs? You can give your dog a hard-boiled egg without any problem. By consuming eggs, a dog will obtain high-quality protein, will strengthen muscles and bones, and will maintain its skin and coat in great condition. It is also a simple way to get you to consume vitamin A and D, fatty acids, omega 3, and vitamin B12.
- Can my cat have Hard Boiled Eggs? Yes, your cat can eat a hard-boiled egg. First, give him a small amount of egg to taste to rule out any allergies. But is very rare to be allergic to eggs. If your kitty liked it and responds well, you can include it in her diet once or maybe twice a week. Its consumption will not increase cholesterol levels, nor will it increase your weight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Official Silicone Steamer Basket, Compatible with 6-Quart and 8-Quart Cookers, Green
Instant Pot Ceramic Non Stick Interior Coated Inner Cooking Pot 8 Quart
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Instant Pot Duo Crisp Pressure Cooker 11 in 1, 8 Qt with Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate and more
Amount Per Serving Calories 72Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 186mgSodium 71mgCarbohydrates 0gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 6g
Check Out Our Recent Recipes
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!