Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
6 ingredients are all it takes to make this Instant Pot green beans with bacon recipe. An easy green bean recipe that is loaded with savory flavors in every single bite.
Southern green beans and bacon is a classic side dish you can make. Whether you dish it up for the holidays or a weeknight side. Cooking green beans in the Instant Pot makes it so simple to get perfect beans every single time.
Instant Pot Recipes to Make with This
How to Cook Fresh Green Beans Southern Style with Bacon
Start by adding your bacon on the saute feature in the Instant Pot. You will want to cook it up, and add in your sliced onions as well.
Toss in your broth and scrape down the bottom of the pot. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and pressure cook as directed in the recipe card below.
Once done, give a good stir, and serve up! If you want softer green beans you can cook an additional minute or two. Or do less time if you want a crisper green bean.
Fresh Green Beans Nutrition
Green beans are a great source of folate, potassium, iron, low in sodium, and more. I have found that fresh green beans are one of my favorites.
I recommend using fresh but if you don't have fresh, opt for frozen to replace the fresh beans.
How Many Carbs in Green Beans
This recipe has 9 net carbs per serving. Green beans are a great source of complex carbs, making them a good addition to a Keto or low carb diet.
Seasoned Green Beans with Bacon Cooking Supplies
- Strainer | This strainer is amazing for rinsing off fresh green beans and other vegetables like cherry tomatoes. It also does double-duty as rice strainer.
- Butcher knife | This homestyle green beans calls for diced bacon. A sharp, high quality butcher knife is very helpful when cutting bacon. A good knife makes it easier to dice the bacon, as well as safer.
- Condiment station | Bacon green beans are delicious on their own, but they are even better with optional toppings or sides. Why not create a selection of healthy sides to serve with your Southern style green beans? Some suggestions: halved cherry tomatoes, fresh chopped onions, and jalapeños.
- Gardyn growing station | The garden station has optional seed pods you can order to plant your own seeds. Plant green bean seeds for a supply of fresh green beans on a homegrown indoor green bean plant.
If you have leftover green beans just store them in the refrigerator for a few days. They reheat really well.
You can warm up your beans in the microwave or even on the stovetop in a pan.
Tips For Making Southern Green Beans
- Feel free to add fresh herbs or spices to adjust the seasoning
- You can use ham to replace bacon if you would like it.
- When working with raw bacon, you might find using kitchen shears allow you to chop up the bacon easier than a knife.
- Double the recipe if you want. Just don't go past the max fill line on the side of the Instant Pot.
Green beans with Bacon
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 medium white onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook bacon in the Instant Pot on sauté mode. Sauté until bacon is cooked.
- Add the broth and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot.
- Toss in the onions, trimmed green beans, salt, and pepper. Close the Instant Pot lid and set the pressure valve to sealed position. Press pressure cook/manual/high pressure button and then set timer to 0 minutes for crisp green beans or 2 minutes for softer green beans.
- Once the pot stops counting and beeps do a quick pressure release. Stir the beans and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g