This simple Instant Pot Goulash recipe will have you coming back for seconds. The flavorful blend of seasonings with ground beef, noodles, onions, and potatoes make up this American goulash recipe.
Table of contents
- What is American Goulash?
- What is the difference between goulash and spaghetti?
- Pin Instant Pot Goulash Recipe for Later
- What do you eat with goulash?
- While Your Goulash is Cooking, Meal Plan for the Rest of the Week
- How do I freeze goulash?
- How do I make Instant Pot Goulash?
- Other Instant Pot Recipes with Pasta
- More of Our Latest Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
Using your Instant Pot to make this easy goulash recipe will have you serving dinner quickly.
What is American Goulash?
The main ingredients of American goulash are beef, pasta, paprika, and tomatoes. Goulash is a comfort food.
Comfort food is generally something that warms your bones and provides a little nostalgia.
Think about the old days when your grandmother or great-grandmother was in the kitchen whipping up a homemade recipe to keep her family warm.
American goulash is simply referred to as goulash in the south and the Midwestern United States but has been known to be called slumgullion by some.
What is the difference between goulash and spaghetti?
American goulash is not the same as goulash around the world. As an example, if you opt to eat a Hungarian style goulash you'll find that this simple goulash is made with chunks of meat, paprika, and peppers blended with spices to create a chunky soup texture.
If you're wondering what is the difference between goulash and spaghetti then you need to take a look at the photos.
Spaghetti is made with entirely different pasta and involves a tomato-based sauce that's seasoned and placed on top of the straight pasta.
Goulash is made with noodles or elbow pasta and combined other ingredients like potatoes, onions, and ground beef with seasonings to be enjoyed much like a casserole.
Having high quality Paprika is a must to get the full affect of this recipe. It definitely takes the flavor up a notch. I love using this set of two Hungarian paprika spices because it comes with one that is hot and one that is sweeter.
Goulash is a staple for the winter season. This simple Instant Pot recipe is a quick go-to idea when I'm not sure what to cook or have little ingredients on hand.
This goulash recipe calls for ingredients that most of us have in the home.
This recipe is not only a fabulous comfort food for the winter season, but it's a budget-friendly dinner idea to serve your family.
These simple ingredients blended together to create your favorite goulash recipe will make everyone happy and it will only take 15 minutes to complete from start to finish.
Pin Instant Pot Goulash Recipe for Later
What do you eat with goulash?
I don't usually serve anything with goulash, but you can serve many things with goulash. Some people enjoy a delicious side of garlic bread while others like a garden salad. Rosemary bread is also a good choice.
I think that you can eat anything with goulash that you desire, perhaps a roasted asparagus recipe will suit your fancy to sere alongside a bowl of this simple goulash recipe.
While Your Goulash is Cooking, Meal Plan for the Rest of the Week
- Hawaiian Beef Stew Instant Pot Recipe
- Chicken with Garlic Sauce Chinese Takeout Recipe
- Sous Vide Chicken Breast Recipe with Cabbage Stir Fry
- Ninja Foodi Grill Review: Is it Worth it?
- How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs Without a Hot Chocolate Bomb Mold
- Instant Pot Chili with Dry Beans
- Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Review
- Instant Pot Dr Pepper Pulled Pork Recipe with Video
- Instant Pot Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Instant Pot Deviled Eggs Recipe for the Perfect Deviled Eggs
How do I freeze goulash?
Before I dive into the recipe for goulash, it's important that you know how to store this recipe.
If you want to make a large batch of this Instant Pot goulash then you'll be happy to know that you can freeze goulash for up to 3 months! Simply place your batch of Instant Pot goulash into airtight freezer bags or containers after it's cooled.
Then you can label the goulash packages with a date to ensure you heat these up for dinner before the three month storage time has passed.
How do I make Instant Pot Goulash?
You'll find the recipe card below where the list of ingredients and instructions are easily printed to make goulash at home.
Using your Instant Pot this recipe requires only 15 minutes of your time, amazing right?!
The easiest way to make this simple goulash recipe is to gather your ingredients: ground beef, potatoes, onion, uncooked egg noodles, diced tomatoes, beef broth, and the listed seasonings.
From here you'll saute the first three ingredients on the list in your Instant Pot until the ground beef is fully cooked. Add in the egg noodles, diced tomatoes, beef broth, and seasonings being sure your noodles are completely covered in liquid.
Place the lid back on your Instant Pot and allow your simple goulash recipe to cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
You then add your tomato paste and blend it so that you have your final product – American Goulash!
Other Instant Pot Recipes with Pasta
More of Our Latest Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
- Instant Pot Tomato Chicken Penne Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta — A New Take on Taco Tuesday
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti Recipe
- Korean Spicy Noodles in Instant Pot
- Easy Swedish Meatballs with Noodles
- Tuna Noodle Casserole Instant Pot Recipe
- Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup - Instant Pot Soups
- Cajun Chicken Pasta Chili's Copycat Instant Pot Chicken