Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Use your Instant Pot like never before! Give this easy Flourless Chocolate Cake using the natural pressure release to satisfy your sweet tooth!
In fact, this Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe has a denser, creamier, and richer texture and taste than a regular chocolate cake. Popularly known as fallen cakes, these are generally fudgy taste-wise.
Baking a flourless chocolate cake can be a messy affair; however, it shouldn’t necessarily be so.
Baking this cake in an Instant Pot using the natural pressure release method will not only make the process less messy but also makes it easier. If you’re a newbie baker, the chances of you going wrong with this recipe are close to none.
Continue reading to check out the Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe with answers to some commonly asked questions.
Why Use the Natural Pressure Release Method?
Worried the Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake won’t turn out as good as it does in the oven? The outcome of a natural pressure release is definitely a more moist flourless chocolate cake as compared to the ones baked in the oven.
This method works best when the height of the dessert is of less importance, which is unquestionably the case in flourless chocolate cakes.
By cooking in the Instant Pot, you can prevent the cake from browning edges that is generally inevitable while baking in the oven.
If you are not satisfied with the consistency of the cake after following the method, you can set in the Instant Pot for a few more minutes, until it reaches the desired consistency.
More Instant Pot Desert Recipes
Supplies for Instant Pot Baking
Can I Make a Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake with Natural Pressure Release
These are some common substitutes for cooking up a flourless chocolate cake recipe to satiate those sweet tooth cravings to fit your requirements.
For making the vegan flourless chocolate cake you may substitute eggs, and butter in the recipe with pumpkin puree, pure maple syrup, and coconut oil or vegan butter.
However, if you are only looking to substitute eggs; you may instead use ripe bananas, and almonds (optional).
Serving Ideas and Suggestions
This recipe will guide you through a quick and easy delicious dessert, but this isn’t all, you may glaze the cake with ganache and sprinkle some coffee powder to enhance the flavor and beautify it.
As delicious as this cake is in itself, this cake is a simple chocolate cake; which gives you room to pair it up with toppings of your choice, ranging from adding strawberries or other fruits to topping it with some nuts to compliment the flavor.
Loved this Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe? Do give it a shot and let us know in the comments box below how it turned out!
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, optional 1/2 cup (or more!) for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Combine butter, chocolate chips and cocoa powder in a microwave-safe medium-size bowl. Melt at 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
- When the mixture is completely melted, stir in the sea salt, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and pure vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between each egg.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Line a springform pan with a round parchment paper liner on the bottom of the pan.
- Spray the bottom and sides of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add your cake batter to the springform pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place the pan on the trivet, and then lower in to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure cooking time for 60 minutes. It should take about five minutes to come to pressure.
- After the cooking time finishes, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 15 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure by opening the pressure valve carefully.
- Open the lid of the Instant Pot. Use a towel or Instant Pot pot holders to lift the trivet out of the pot and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Let rest and cool for 2 hours.
Once your cake has cooled, you can serve the cake right away, or you can cover and refrigerate for up to 3 to 4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g