Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Creamy and delicious, this Instant Pot Eggnog recipe is the perfect way to ring in the holiday season. A sprinkle of nutmeg will make this the perfect flavor to sip on with family and friends. Making eggnog in the Instant Pot couldn’t be more simple!
You could serve this eggnog recipe with one of these 75 cookie recipes.
Instant Pot Eggnog
Everyone tends to have a bit of a hankering for that eggnog taste and flavor once the colder months of the year start happening. This easy eggnog recipe is so simple once you realize that your Instant Pot is going to be doing all the “hard” work.
What does eggnog taste like?
Don’t worry, I can assure you that it tastes nothing like an egg. In fact, it reminds me of a bit of a milkshake even a custard-like texture as well. It’s a slow sipper that has a bit of thickness to it but it’s typically very sweet.
How to Make Instant Pot Eggnog
Start by pouring 5 cups of water into your Instant Pot. Once that is done, turn it on saute mode. This will give your Instant Pot time to heat up. Make certain to place the trivet on the inside of the Instant Pot as well.
Grab a blender and blend the eggs for 30 seconds or so.
Put in the sugar and blend. Blend with the eggs for about 30 seconds until mixed well.
Once mixed well, go ahead and put in the rest of the ingredients.
After all the ingredients are blended well, put the mixture into a large bowl that you can put inside the Instant Pot.
Take the bowl and add it to your Instant Pot on your trivet.
The eggnog is going to warm up and you need to be whisking it often.
This will be the process until the eggnog reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees. Once it reaches that temp, press cancel and select the warm setting on the Instant Pot. Continue to whisk the eggnog mixture until the temp of the eggnog reaches 160 degrees.
Continue to whisk on the warm setting until your eggnog reaches 160°. Once that temperature is achieved, press cancel. Take a ladle and scoop out the eggnog mixture and put it into a container that can be sealed with a lid.
Leave the eggnog sitting out on the counter until room temperature is reached. Once that happens, put it in the fridge to cool.
Once the mixture is cooled completely, pour it into a cup and top with nutmeg and whipped cream. Enjoy!
What alcohol is in eggnog?
There are some eggnogs that do have alcohol in them but this isn’t one of them! The most common kind of alcohol that you’ll find in homemade eggnog is brandy or rum.
Can you use eggnog as a coffee creamer?
For sure! And what a fun idea! If you’re ready to add some fun and festive holiday taste to your eggnog, bottle it up and add a dash (or two) to your cup of coffee every single day. You’ll get so many good swigs of eggnog that way!
Can eggnog be frozen for later use?
It can be. Just cook it up and put it into a freezer-safe container for later. It should be good for several months without issue and should unthaw just fine. Just write the date on the outside of the container so that you know when you added it to the freezer.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast and Rice
- Homemade Salsa Recipe Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree with an Instant Pot
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pour 5 cups of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot, with the trivet in the pot. Turn the pot onto sauté mode. Once that is done, turn it on sauté mode.
- Blend the eggs in your blender for 30 seconds to a minute, and then add in the sugar and blend again for another 30-60 seconds.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until mixed together and then pour into a deep pan that fits into the inner pot.
- Lower the bowl into the Instant pot and cook the eggnog while stirring until the the eggnog reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees. Once it reaches that temp, press cancel and select the warm setting on the Instant Pot. Continue to whisk the eggnog mixture until the temp of the eggnog reaches 160 degrees. When it reaches 160 degrees, press cancel.
- Ladle the eggnog into a dairy bottle using a funnel to prevent spillage.
- Let the eggnog sit on the counter until it is room temperature and then close the lid and let it cool in the refrigerator.
- To serve, top with nutmeg and whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 358mgSodium: 308mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 0gSugar: 42gProtein: 15g