Sharing is caring!
On the list of most popular dinner dishes, easy fish tacos are right at the top. So popular, in fact, that we've even dedicated a day of the week to honor and enjoy them: Taco Tuesday!
They truly are so delicious, and they're so easy to make! And with this recipe for tacos, you can add "healthy" to that list as well.
Cooking cod, or your choice of light white fish, in the Instant Pot means you can skip the added oils or fats, and still get fish that comes out moist, tender and flaky.
Super tasty and super good for you!
This is the best seasoning for fish taco time. It's simple and flavorful. Whip up a taco sauce to drizzle over the tacos for extra flare.
- cod fillets - the best fish for fish tacos
- bay leaves
- chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Instant Pot - Easy fish recipes are so quick to make using the pressure cooker.
- Instant Pot stacking pans - Taco time is so much easier with these pans that make it simple to cook fish tacos.
- Taco stand - The best fish tacos have lots of tasty topping, so using a taco stand makes it so much easier to add fillings to the taco fish.
- Cabbage shredder - Make a slaw to make a delicious topping for this easy fish taco recipe with cod.
Why We Love Them
This is one of our favorite Instant Pot fish recipes.
- Tacos are fun because they let you use your creative side. An there are so many different and delicious ways you can dress them up before you chow 'em down.
- This recipe calls for regular flour tortillas, but you can not only use the more traditional corn tortillas, you can mix it up a bit and swap in spinach, whole-wheat or sun-dried tomato tortillas for a tasty twist.
- All of your favorite taco toppings, such as cheese, tomatoes, salsa, and lettuce will compliment the delicate cod flavor really well.
- If you're in the mood to jazz it up a bit, try topping them with mango salsa. Or make them with Baja style flair and use a squeeze of lemon, tartar sauce and shredded cabbage.
Fish tacos are perfect for thinking outside of the box and having fun creating your own signature topping combinations.
Wondering what to serve along with these tasty Instant Pot tacos? Then you'll want to check out these great suggestions.
Cornbread might make you think of chili, but this amazing recipe for Mexican Corn Bread spices things up a bit and is the perfect addition to your tacos.
And of course, no taco meal is complete without a side dish of hearty, zesty refried beans. Plus, you can whip up a big batch with almost no effort, thanks to this recipe for super easy & delicious Instant Pot Refried Beans.
How to Make
Step #1: Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
Step #2: Prepare cod for cooking.
Step #3: Next, add cod to a baking dish along with seasoning. Place the baking dish on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot, then cover with a lid or foil.
Step #4: Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing position.
Step #5: Set to a manual high time for 10 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, do a natural release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
Step #6: Cod should be flaky. If fish has not completely cooked, place pan back into the Instant Pot with the lid/foil on it and then cook for an additional 3 minutes with a quick release.
Step #7: Serve with flour tortillas and a variety of toppings.
Cod is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, and is good for low cholesterol diets. Fish is also associated with reduced risk of heart disease and controlling high-blood pressure. Tilapia nutrition facts are very similar since fish, in general, have the same health benefits.
Supplies Used to Make Fish Taco Recipe
Ingredients for Easy Fish Taco Recipe
Fish Taco Seasoning
How to Make Fish Tacos
- Add 1 cup water to the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add cod to a baking dish along with seasoning. Place the baking dish on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot. Cover with a lid or foil.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to a sealing position.
- Set to a manual high time for 10 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, do a natural release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Cod should be flaky. If fish has not completely cooked, place pan back into the Instant Pot with the lid/foil on it and cook for an additional 3 minutes with a quick release.
- Serve this simple fish with flour tortillas and a variety of taco toppings for healthy fish tacos, or serve as a fish taco bowl with a mixture of cabbage and toppings. Either way, you'll have a yummy taco dinner.
Can I Make Easy Fish Tacos with Other Fish Varieties
- Tilapia fish tacos recipe with fish taco sauce
- Baja fish taco recipe
- Salmon fish tacos
- Tacos with other white fish
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cabbage Shredder Made in Japan
Taco Holder - Taco Holders, Stainless Steel with Free Recipe Ideas - Taco Trays - Taco Stand Up Holder - Taco Stand - Taco Plates - Holds 3 Tacos - Dishwasher, Oven and Grill Safe (4 Pack)
Ecozoi Premium Extra Deep Stackable Steamer Insert Pans Pot In Pot For Instant Pot 6, 8 Quart Instant Pot Accessories - 2 Tier | Interchangeable Lids | Comes With 5 Additional Mini Cups For Baking
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Amount Per Serving Calories 122Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 62mgSodium 182mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 26g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!