Whip up these crispy and finger-licking good Instant Pot Duo Crisp (or Ninja Foodi) chicken wings. These chicken wings are air fried to a crispy texture.
Hot wings are always a hit for game day snacking, easy weeknight dinner, and more.
We love these Instant pot chicken wings, they are great for dinner but also make a mean appetizer. You can also make these into Ninja Foodi wings, if you want.
These pressure cooker air fried chicken wings are so easy to make and delicious. The Instant Pot Duo Crisp simplifies cooking with an air fryer function you'll love.
Why You Will Enjoy These Instant Pot Duo Crisp Chicken Wings...
- Pressure cooker air fried chicken wings are crispy and delicious
- Chicken wings seasoned perfectly
- Quick cook
- You can change up the seasonings to adjust the flavor
- chicken wings
- lemon-pepper seasoning
- garlic powder
- Cajun seasoning
How To Make
Full directions for the chicken wings in Instant Pot Duo crisp are in the printable recipe card below.
You'll want to season the chicken wings about 30-60 minutes before you're ready to cook them.
After the seasoning time finishes, air fry the chicken wings until crispy perfection.
What Goes With Chicken Wings
There are so many foods you can pair next to your wings. Or if you are serving these up as an appetizer, then pair with other appetizers.
If you happen to have some of these pressure cooker chicken wings leftover, you can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Or freeze any leftover hot wings you don't plan to eat. Place in a freezer bag or airtight container. Freeze for 3-4 months.
How to Reheat Chicken Wings| If you want to warm up your wings you can heat them up in the microwave for a quick reheat. Or opt to do the oven for a slower reheat. Just set the temperature to 350 degrees and reheat.
Variations Of Recipes
Here are some Instant Pot Duo Crisp frozen chicken wings variations you might want to try.
- Change up how you season your chicken wings.
- You can pressure cook wings and then finish cooking the chicken in the oven.
- Use a mild sauce if you don't want to make hot wings.
- You can cook your chicken from frozen. Just keep the cooking time the same.
- When you are using the crisping lid on the chicken, make sure to place your chicken in single layers.
- You can cook frozen, just toss the chicken in frozen, and then add seasoning. It won't stick as well but overall you won't notice much change.
- You can use your Ninja Foodi instead of a Duo Crisp if that is what you have on hand.
- This recipe works for drumettes or wings. If you cook larger pieces of chicken like chicken legs add time to cooking.
If you need help making instant pot duo crisp wings, you can find some tips here below.
Chicken wings are considered white meat just as a chicken breast is considered white meat.
White meat is a lighter cut of meat that is a bit drier if it is overcooked. White meat tends to be milder in flavor as well.
Dark meat on the other hand is a bit darker in color and offers a richer flavor that is juicier.
There are 3 parts to a chicken wing. A wingette, drumette, and tip or also called a flat. You will find that depending on what you buy will adjust what pieces come with your chicken.
You might want to trim and cut your chicken or you might find they come just what you want.
Let me know how you like these Instant Pot Duo Crisp Chicken Wings!