Chocoholics, rejoice! Now you can satisfy your cravings guilt-free. Making Instant Pot Double Chocolate Quick Oats with Strawberries lets you indulge your chocolate fix while you reap the many health benefits that eating oats provides.
Three Reasons Oats are Good for You
The oat grain, or groat, may be small, but it is a nutritional powerhouse that provides many health benefits. Here are three important ways oats are good for you;
- Oats contain more protein than most grains, which provides sustained energy.
- They are a good source of fiber, including beta-glucan, which is a soluble fiber that can help reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Oats also contain many powerful antioxidants, including avenanthramides. These compounds may help reduce blood pressure.
Topping your Instant Pot Double Chocolate Quick Oats with strawberries will provide you with a dose of even more disease-fighting antioxidants, such as polyphenols, as well as vitamin C, manganese, and potassium.
Plus, when you cook your oatmeal in the Instant Pot, it’s ready in just 5 minutes (with approximately 10 minutes for the pressure to build). All you have to do is add the ingredients, set it, and walk away. It’s never been easier, or healthier, to satisfy those chocolate cravings!
A Helpful Tip for Cooking Instant Pot Quick Oats
Cooked quick oats can sometimes leave a bit of a sticky residue behind. Purchasing a [easyazon_link identifier=”B00ICL8M1I” locale=”US” tag=”ashec-20″]ceramic nonstick inner liner[/easyazon_link] to use in your Instant Pot will make cleaning up after your quick oats just as fast and easy as it is to cook them!
And, if you happen to love peanut butter as much as you love chocolate, you’ve got to check out our Instant Pot Oatmeal — Chocolate Peanut Butter Quick Oats recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Double Chocolate Quick Oats with Strawberries Step-by Step
Step #1: Spray bottom and sides of the Instant Pot inner pot with nonstick cooking spray, and add in the quick oats and chocolate almond milk. Alternatively, add 1 cup of water to the pot and put ingredients in a ceramic casserole dish that will fit on top of the trivet.
Step #2: Turn the valve to pressure setting, and select a manual cooking time of 5 minutes. Once cooking time has elapsed, do a quick release. Open the lid and stir.
Step #3: Dish up into bowls, and top with sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of chocolate chips (or toppings of your choice). Enjoy!
More Ways to Enjoy Instant Pot Quick Oats
For more delicious Instant Pot Quick Oats topping options, try these recipes:
Don’t forget to check out all our other Instant Pot Oatmeal Variations.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 4 cups chocolate almond milk
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Spray bottom and sides of inner pot with nonstick cooking spray. Alternatively, add 1 1/2 cups of water to pot and put ingredients in a casserole dish that will fit on top of the trivet.
- Mix together quick oats and almond milk. If using pot-in-pot method, lower the casserole onto the trivet using a sling.
- Turn pressure valve to pressure setting, and select a manual cooking time of 5 minutes.
- Once cooking time has elapsed, do a quick release. Add mix-ins to the oatmeal and serve.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Use a sling to lower the casserole dish into the pressure cooker if doing the pot-in-pot method. This cooking method ensures you won't have oatmeal sticking to the bottom of the inner pot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 54gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 6gSugar: 30gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 7g