Sharing is caring!
This Instant Pot dessert bites recipe is one of our favorite egg bite mold dessert recipes. This recipe has a sweet cherry and almond flavor in every single decadent bite. The ultimate Instant Pot dessert recipe.
What do you need to make cake pops?
- Box yellow cake mix | If you've wondered how to make box cake better this recipe starts with a yellow cake mix and adds in fabulous almond and cherry flavors to make these Instant Pot cake bites pop. This is just one of many cake ball flavors you could try.
- Egg bites mold | We get so much use out of this Instant Pot accessory. We've made everything from Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites, to Nutella bites, and our favorite pancake bites.
- Red silicone trivet/sling (pictured) | We use this sling and trivet for so many of our pot in pot baking recipes, but it also works perfectly with our egg bite molds.
- Cherry pie filling
- Almond extract
- White chocolate melting wafers
How to Make Cake Pops
Now, if you want an easy cherry and almond cake recipe you can do like we did and make dessert bites and then pour cake pop icing over them and sprinkle with almonds.
Making cake pops a more traditional way, you could add a couple of steps to this recipe and freeze the cake pops for 10-15 minutes and then coat in a chocolate or white chocolate coating, and then decorate. Add in a cake pop stick, and you have an easy cake pop recipe with cake mix - on a stick!
Easy Instant Pot Dessert Bites
The Instant Pot does a great job at making these little cake bites moist and delicious. You can stack your egg bite molds on top of each other. So you can cook 2 molds at a time.
Just cover with aluminum foil or the silicone mold the egg bites came with. Some molds don't have a lid, and then just wrap tightly in foil so condensation doesn't get into the cake.
Unicorn popcorn is another fun and flavorful finger food dessert.
Glaze For Cherry Almond Cake Bites
So you could make a cinnamon roll glaze to drizzle over the top. Or if you to do what I did, I just melted up some white chocolate wafers. Then I drizzled over the top of the bites.
The white chocolate hardens up a bit so it doesn't melt on your hands the way a frosting or icing would.
How To Store Instant Pot Dessert Bites
For me, I like to store these cherry cake bites in the refrigerator. I find it helps maximize the shelf life of these sweet treats. Just allow the cherry almond cake bites to fully cool.
Then transfer into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Now, make sure if you stack on top of each other you lay a layer of wax paper in between to help prevent them from sticking together.
Do Cherry Cake Bites Freeze
Yes, you can freeze these Instant Pot cake bites. Just let them fully cool and then place them in a container or freezer bag. Freeze for 3-4 months.
Thaw on the counter or even in the fridge overnight. These taste just as good as serving up fresh!
Can I Double This Recipe
These bite-sized cakes can be doubled in terms of the recipe. The biggest thing is to batch cook. You can only get 2 egg bite molds into your pressure cooker at one time.
This would be a fun recipe to make for a birthday treat, baby shower, wedding shower, etc. There is never a wrong time for bite-size cakes. Am I right?
Tips And Tricks for Instant Pot Dessert Bites
- Make sure to use a cooking spray on your molds. This is going to help ensure your cake bites don't get stuck in the mold.
- Do not overmix the batter. If you do it can make the cake heavy and not as light and fluffy as you would like.
- Squeeze around the outside of each of the silicone molds before you flip it upside down to release. This is going to help them fall out.
- You can use other fruit if you want. Strawberry, blueberry, etc.
- Make a cream cheese frosting to drizzle over the top of the cakes. Or even a powdered sugar and milk icing.
Supplies used to make the best Dessert Bites Recipe
Dessert Bites Ingredients
- Pour the cake mix into a glass mixing bowl. Add in the cherry pie filling, egg, milk, and almond extract. Mix with a whisk to combine.
- Pour or scoop the cake batter into egg bite molds, filling each mold ¾ of the way full. Cover the egg bites mold container with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the Instant Pot inner pot. Put the egg bites mold onto your silicone trivet/sling and then lower it into the Instant Pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot and then set to a manual high pressure-cooking time of 10 minutes.
- When the timer finishes, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, and then do a quick release to let out the remaining pressure.
- Remove the cake bites from the silicone and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Repeat these steps with remaining cake batter.
- Melt the white chocolate melting wafers in the microwave, stirring after 30 second increments. Decorate the cherry almond dessert bites by drizzling the melted white candy over the cake bites and then sprinkling with the chopped almonds.
Switch up the flavors by adjusting the pie filling flavor used and the extract flavor. Another great flavor combination would be lemon extract with blueberry filling.
- Can my dog have Cherry Almond Bites? I understand that you like to pamper your dog by giving him these delicious desserts, but believe me, there are desserts made especially for your dog's diet that he may like better and make him feel better. I must clarify that from this recipe the chocolate, milk, and the high levels of sugar it contains are dangerous for your dog's health.
- Can my cat have Cherry Almond Bites? If you want to give your cat a dessert, make him a different one, using ingredients suitable for his health. This Cherry Almond Bites recipe includes toxic ingredients that can hurt your cat. Mainly chocolate and the high levels of sugar it contains can poison your pet.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Ghirardelli, White Melting Wafers, 10oz
Watkins Pure Almond Extract, 2 Fl Oz
Duncan Hines Cherry Filling, 21 Ounce
Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake
Instant Pot Official Sling, Red
Instant Pot Official Silicone Egg Bites Pan with Lid, Compatible with 6-quart and 8-quart cookers, Red
Amount Per Serving Calories 238Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 32mgSodium 344mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 1gSugar 18gProtein 4g
Have you tried making instant pot dessert bites before?
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!