This Instant Pot dessert bites recipe is one of our favorite egg bite mold dessert recipes. This recipe has a sweet cherry and almond flavor in every single decadent bite. The ultimate Instant Pot dessert recipe.
What do you need to make cake pops?
- Box yellow cake mix | If you've wondered how to make box cake better this recipe starts with a yellow cake mix and adds in fabulous almond and cherry flavors to make these Instant Pot cake bites pop. This is just one of many cake ball flavors you could try.
- Egg bites mold | We get so much use out of this Instant Pot accessory. We've made everything from Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites, to Nutella bites, and our favorite pancake bites.
- Red silicone trivet/sling (pictured) | We use this sling and trivet for so many of our pot in pot baking recipes, but it also works perfectly with our egg bite molds.
- Cherry pie filling
- Almond extract
- White chocolate melting wafers
How to Make Cake Pops
Now, if you want an easy cherry and almond cake recipe you can do like we did and make dessert bites and then pour cake pop icing over them and sprinkle with almonds.
Making cake pops a more traditional way, you could add a couple of steps to this recipe and freeze the cake pops for 10-15 minutes and then coat in a chocolate or white chocolate coating, and then decorate. Add in a cake pop stick, and you have an easy cake pop recipe with cake mix - on a stick!
Easy Instant Pot Dessert Bites
The Instant Pot does a great job at making these little cake bites moist and delicious. You can stack your egg bite molds on top of each other. So you can cook 2 molds at a time.
Just cover with aluminum foil or the silicone mold the egg bites came with. Some molds don't have a lid, and then just wrap tightly in foil so condensation doesn't get into the cake.
Unicorn popcorn is another fun and flavorful finger food dessert.
Glaze For Cherry Almond Cake Bites
So you could make a cinnamon roll glaze to drizzle over the top. Or if you to do what I did, I just melted up some white chocolate wafers. Then I drizzled over the top of the bites.
The white chocolate hardens up a bit so it doesn't melt on your hands the way a frosting or icing would.
How To Store Instant Pot Dessert Bites
For me, I like to store these cherry cake bites in the refrigerator. I find it helps maximize the shelf life of these sweet treats. Just allow the cherry almond cake bites to fully cool.
Then transfer into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Now, make sure if you stack on top of each other you lay a layer of wax paper in between to help prevent them from sticking together.
Do Cherry Cake Bites Freeze
Yes, you can freeze these Instant Pot cake bites. Just let them fully cool and then place them in a container or freezer bag. Freeze for 3-4 months.
Thaw on the counter or even in the fridge overnight. These taste just as good as serving up fresh!
Can I Double This Recipe
These bite-sized cakes can be doubled in terms of the recipe. The biggest thing is to batch cook. You can only get 2 egg bite molds into your pressure cooker at one time.
This would be a fun recipe to make for a birthday treat, baby shower, wedding shower, etc. There is never a wrong time for bite-size cakes. Am I right?
Tips And Tricks for Instant Pot Dessert Bites
- Make sure to use a cooking spray on your molds. This is going to help ensure your cake bites don't get stuck in the mold.
- Do not overmix the batter. If you do it can make the cake heavy and not as light and fluffy as you would like.
- Squeeze around the outside of each of the silicone molds before you flip it upside down to release. This is going to help them fall out.
- You can use other fruit if you want. Strawberry, blueberry, etc.
- Make a cream cheese frosting to drizzle over the top of the cakes. Or even a powdered sugar and milk icing.
Have you tried making instant pot dessert bites before?