Comforting, healthy and super delicious- that’s what this Instant Pot cream of cauliflower soup is all about!
Table of contents
Looking for a healthy and nutritious soup recipe that you can whip up for dinner? This Instant Pot recipe is just the perfect one, and ticks all the boxes! Go ahead and give it a read and get started on it right away!
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
The Health Benefits of Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower is one of the healthiest veggies out there- it is a cruciferous vegetable that is packed with B vitamins and fiber.
Plus, it is also loaded with antioxidants and phytonutrients that can fight free radicals and help your body fight against cancer.
Adding more of it to your diet can help boost your digestive health, promote weight loss and also improve mental health, thanks to its choline content.
If you’re following a low carb diet, this can be a great meal recipe to try out.
Why Did My Cauliflower Soup Turn Grainy?
If you’ve made cauliflower soup earlier and it turned out grainy, as opposed to having that soft, creamy and smooth texture that you love, there could be a super simple reason why- you might not have cooked the cauliflower completely.
When you’re following our recipe and cooking the cauliflower florets in the instant pot, make sure you check whether they are completely done before you blitz them.
Cutting the florets into smaller sizes and then cooking them can reduce your cooking time and also ensure that the cauliflower is completely cooked.
How Can I Thicken the Cauliflower Soup?
Did your cauliflower soup turn out runny and watery? Well, there’s actually a super easy way to fix that and get it to hit that perfect texture- creamy and delicious. First, avoid adding a larger amount of broth or stock- instead, reduce the amount by a cup size.
If you’ve made the soup already and it has turned out runny, you can fix it by creating a simple cornflour slurry, gradually adding it to your soup while keeping it on high heat and cooking it for a few minutes until it thickens.
How Can I Make My Soups More Flavorful?
Cauliflower soup, along with certain other soups, can, at times, end up tasteless and bland. If that’s something you tend to struggle with often, a few of these tricks can help!
- Add ingredients like garlic, shallots and thyme into the mix while cooking the cauliflower.
- You can also use other herbs and spices of your choice- a bay leaf, oregano, clove etc can really add a punch of flavor to an otherwise bland soup.
- Another great option is to add in some minced chillies while cooking the cauliflower. This will give your soup a spicy kick.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- How to Make Beef Stew in the Slow Cooker or Crockpot
- How to Make Instant Pot Ramen Noodles as Good as Your Favorite Ramen Restaurant
- Ham Potato Soup - Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chili with Dry Beans
- How to Cook Lentils in Instant Pot Soup. Why You'll Absolutely Love Them!