This 4 ingredient Instant Pot Cranberry Orange BBQ Meatballs is a great dinner or appetizer recipe. Grab frozen meatballs and create a tasty sweet and savory cranberry meatballs to serve up.
You can use fresh or frozen berries in this recipe. If you use frozen meatballs it will be just 5 minutes of prep work involved. Serve over a bed of rice, stick a toothpick in for appetizers, and so much more.
Table of contents
Why Make These Meatballs
- Great party meatballs recipe
- Use frozen pre-bought meatballs for easy prep
- Sweet and savory
- Affordable to Make
- The best Instant Pot meatballs
Ingredients Needed For Cranberry Orange Meatballs
- Frozen Meatballs
- Orange Juice
- BBQ Sauce
How to Make Cranberry Orange Instant Pot Meatballs
- Toss in your steamer basket and add the cup of water into the pot.
- Now add in frozen meatballs and cook for 6 minutes, with a quick release of pressure.
- Remove meatballs, steamer basket, and drain liquid.
- Add in the orange juice and the cranberries, and turn the saute feature on.
- Stir occasionally, and you are looking for the berries to begin to pop. Use a potato masher to break down the berries more.
- Stir in the bbq sauce along with meatballs. Give a good stir and nice coated, you are ready to dish up your cranberry orange meatballs.
Full directions are in the printable recipe card below.
Can I Use Cranberry Sauce For Meatballs
If you are curious to use cranberry sauce instead of fresh or frozen berries, you can. Just reach for the whole berry style canned cranberry. It has cranberries in it, that will help add texture.
Just know if you use canned cranberry it will add more sweetness overall since it is in the gel.
Best BBQ for Barbecue Meatballs
To be honest, you can use any of your favorite sauces. Whether you want a sauce with a bit of a kick of spice. Or you prefer to have one that is like a Kansas City flavor.
Feel free to buy whatever sauce you and your family enjoy eating.
Can I Use Homemade Meatballs
Go right ahead and make homemade meatballs in replace of frozen. The biggest thing is to cook the meatballs until they are fully cooked.
Then create the sauce and stir in the meatballs. If you want even more of a sticky glaze you can pour meatballs on a baking sheet with sauce, and broil for just a minute in the oven.
It will create a sticky sauce, just make sure to not overcook or they will burn fast due to the sugar.
Ways To Serve Up
Cocktail Meatballs | Layout your meatballs on a platter and add toothpicks to each one. Serve up as a cocktail or party appetizer for guests.
Rice or Quinoa | Mix up some rice or quinoa and then top your rice with a few meatballs. The rice will soak up the flavor leaving it one incredible dinner.