Incredibly delicious, super easy to make, and healthy too! Give this Instant Pot cranberry butter recipe a shot and you’ve got a yummy breakfast staple ready!
Table of contents
If you’ve been experimenting with recipes in your Instant Pot, you know how there are tons of ways you can put it to use.
From making curries and stews to elegant and complicated foods like cheesecakes and lasagnas- this kitchen appliance is actually genius.
And this time, you can use it to whip up a quick breakfast spread for yourself- perfect in time for summer.
So go ahead and get your hands on those fresh cranberries from your local farmer’s market and give this easy cranberry butter recipe a shot!
What is the Difference Between Fruit Butter & Jam?
Fruit butters are actually quite similar to jams and jellies in many ways. Both of them involve cooking the fruit and reducing it down, then turning it into a smooth spread.
A fruit butter in specific, first involves cooking the fruit thoroughly, then pureeing it into a smooth paste, and then cooking it again for a short time. Fruit butters also usually have an added sweetening agent into the mix.
How Long Do Fruit Butters Last?
Since they are made using fresh fruits, fruit butters generally last for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
If you pop it in the freezer, it can stay good in there for up to 2 months. Just make sure you sterilize the container in which you’ll be storing it beforehand.
Are Fruit Butters Healthy?
Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- Kitchen Scale- A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer- Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many 'inexpensive' thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
While fruit butters are, in general, made using fruits (and in this case, a good amount of cranberries), they aren’t completely healthy.
Most recipes for fruit butters call for the use of added sugar, which isn’t great if you’re watching your waistline.
That said, these do have a healthy aspect to them, since they also pack in the nutritional benefits of the fruits that go into them.
Which Other Fruits Can I Use?
If you’re planning to give our cranberry butter recipe a shot, but still want to know about other fruits that you could turn into fruit butters next, here’s a quick list to get you started.
- Crab apples
You can also try a combination of two or more fruits for an added healthy boost to your fruit butter.
Serving Suggestions & Ideas
Using a fruit butter is easy- it can basically act as your replacement for that store bought jam.
You can spread it on your morning toast or add a dollop to your bowl of oatmeal to give it a little flavor boost.
You can also spread it on biscuits or add some into your pancake or waffle batter.
Notes: You can increase the sugar to 1 cup if you want a sweeter taste.
Instant Pot Jams and Sauces
- Easy Chutney Recipe - Instant Pot Apple Chutney Relish
- Instant Pot Cherry BBQ Sauce
- Asian Sticky Ribs Instant Pot Recipe - Tender Baby Back Ribs
- Chimichurri Recipe - Chimichurri Chicken Instant Pot
- Easy Swedish Meatballs with Noodles
- How to Make Instant Pot Vanilla Extract
- Easy Instant Pot Dulce de Leche Recipe
- Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Mango Chutney Recipe
- How to Make Turkey Gravy in an Instant Pot
Instant Pot Holiday Recipes
- Instant Pot Deviled Eggs Recipe for the Perfect Deviled Eggs
- Instant Pot Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Instant Pot Parsley Potatoes with Butter and Garlic
- Instant Pot Risotto with Arborio Rice
- Instant Pot Green Beans Recipe
- Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- Instant Pot Pecan Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Sliced Apples
- Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas Recipe
- Instant Pot Mashed Red Potatoes
- Instant Pot Green Beans with Bacon Southern Style
- Christmas Cake Gingerbread Instant Pot Recipe
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake - Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- Pumpkin Cake with Caramel - Instant Pot Cake Recipe
- Instant Pot Cranberry Butter
- How to Make Turkey Gravy in an Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast Recipe with Bone-In Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Cheesy Potatoes
- Instant Pot Pecan Cheesecake Recipe