Dig into the delicious flavors of chicken and bacon with ranch with this Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch recipe. Your whole family will love the delicious flavors of this easy dinner recipe!
This recipe is more famously referred to as 'Crack Chicken', and let's face it, Crack Chicken recipes are so good! You could also call this recipe Indulgent Creamy Chicken or I Can't Get Enough of this Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch recipe.
Either way, our keto chicken bacon ranch casserole recipe is SO good! And yes, if you like frozen chicken Instant Pot recipes, you can totally make this recipe with frozen IP chicken!
Table of contents
- Do you cook chicken before putting it in a casserole?
- How do you thicken Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch casserole?
- How do you add flavor to crack chicken casserole?
- How long should a Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch cook?
- Best Instant Pot Kitchen Supplies
- What do you serve with Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch?
- How do you make Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch from scratch?
- Here are More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes to Try
- More of Our Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
Do you cook chicken before putting it in a casserole?
For this Instant Pot recipe, it really comes down to preference.
I've cooked it both ways, but I prefer to skip the saute step and dump all the ingredients in, with the exception of the cheese and cream cheese.
I've also used pre-cooked Instant Pot Chicken Breasts that I made while food prepping, and then just reduced the overall cooking time for this recipe.
And, if you're going to pressure cooker frozen chicken, you wouldn't saute the frozen chicken for our crack chicken recipe.
One of the best things about whipping up this quick dinner idea is that you can use leftover chicken.
If you have some rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken breast, or some tenders from last night’s meal then you can easily use those in this creamy chicken recipe.
If you use precooked chicken, you can easily reduce the pressure cooking time to 5 minutes.
Whichever chicken meat you decide to use, this just might become one of your favorite easy and delicious low carb Instant Pot recipes.
How do you thicken Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch casserole?
If your creamy Instant Pot crack chicken recipe is too soupy, you may add one tablespoon of cornstarch per cup of liquid to your chicken casserole to thicken it. Make a slurry out of the liquid and cornstarch in a bowl before adding it to the casserole.
Make sure you stir out all of the lumps in the casserole and only add a little at a time before your casserole is done cooking to ensure you don’t thicken your casserole too much.
You can also add the cheese and cream cheese and then use the saute function (on low) and simmer the creamy chicken down to the consistency you'd like if it is too thin.
How do you add flavor to crack chicken casserole?
There are many ways to add flavor to the chicken casserole. I’ve opted to add bacon and ranch into my creamy chicken recipe. The flavor burst of ranch combined with crispy bacon pieces add tremendous flavor to this chicken casserole.
Other chicken casserole flavor combinations include fresh chili and coriander to spice up the chicken casserole. I’ve seen people whip up a chicken casserole with fresh herbs like parsley and basil to help give the casserole an earthy flavor.
The options really are endless when it comes to adding unique flavors to your chicken casserole.
This chicken bacon ranch casserole recipe is extremely flavorful just the way it is, but if you want to add a little kick of spice, feel free to include fresh chili or red pepper flakes to get the kick you’re seeking.
How long should a Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch cook?
Most casserole recipes take no more than one hour to bake before they’re ready to serve. You can see the recipe card below for more details on preparation time and cook time for my creamy chicken recipe.
Casseroles are often a one-dish meal that can warm your bones during the fall season while providing busy parents with a quick and simple dinner idea during a busy week.
Whether you’re looking for a quick back to school dinner idea or want something that you can prepare ahead, freeze and bake when ready to serve, then this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole recipe is the perfect choice for you.
Best Instant Pot Kitchen Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
What do you serve with Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch?
There are a variety of things you can serve with this creamy chicken recipe. You may opt to serve a side of your favorite green veggies, such as roasted asparagus with this chicken casserole.
Another option is to serve a side salad or a side of garlic bread with this quick and easy dinner idea.
Some unique options to serve with your creamy chicken casserole include a side of fruit salad or a warm bowl of homemade applesauce. A sweet side, such as a favorite fruit recipe, will pair well with the delicious flavors of chicken, bacon, and ranch.
Everything is better with bacon! That’s why you must try this scrumptious Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole recipe. The flavors will blow your taste buds away and the simple process will allow you to have a quick and easy dinner idea to serve during a busy work week!
How do you make Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch from scratch?
Follow my step by step instructions to make this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole recipe from scratch. When the cooking time finishes, you can keep the chicken cubed, or you can make shredded chicken in the Instant Pot easily by shredding the chicken pieces with a couple of forks.
Here are More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes to Try
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Fried Chicken
- Chicken with Garlic Sauce Chinese Takeout Recipe
- Copycat PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps Recipe in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Tomato Chicken Penne Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe
- Instant Pot Thai Chicken Wraps
- Instant Pot Chicken and Green Beans
- Instant Pot Jambalaya Recipe - Creole Jambalaya
More of Our Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread
- The Best Instant Pot Cookbooks to Get Your Hands On
- Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice and Beans
- Ham Potato Soup - Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Food Cooking Times
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- How To Make Instant Pot Homemade Dog Food
- Steel Cut Oatmeal Recipe for the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or Other Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot vs Crock Pot: Which One's Better?
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries with Poutine Gravy
- Instant Pot Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Fried Chicken
- Instant Pot Barbacoa Shredded Beef Tacos
- Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs