On the hunt for a healthy and comforting soup recipe? Try this broccoli cheddar soup recipe! It takes 10 minutes of prep time!
Table of contents
Who says comfort food can’t be healthy? Packed with the goodness of broccoli and loaded with the deliciousness of chicken stock and cheese, this easy soup recipe is an absolute must try, especially when you’re craving for something warm to soothe your tired body and soul.
Best of all, it is incredibly easy to make. You’ll need just 10 minutes to prep the ingredients, and 10 minutes in your instant pot- perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Can I Use Another Broth for Broccoli Cheddar soup?
While the recipe itself calls for the use of chicken broth, but if you don’t have it, you can definitely use another stock- for instance, a beef stock or even a veggie stock if you’re trying to stick to a vegetarian recipe.
The best part about using stock is that it doesn’t just loosen up the soup, but also masks the flavor of broccoli, which is great if you don’t really love that veggie, but are still looking for a way to get some of it in your body through your meals.
Essential Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Can I Make & Freeze Broccoli Cheddar Soup?
Just like most other soups, this Broccoli Cheddar soup can last in your freezer for up to 3 months. So if you’ve given it a try and really liked it, you can always make it in a big batch and store it for later.
Just remember to use an airtight container or resealable plastic bags, and when you’re ready to have it, allow it to thaw before you reheat it.
Remember that frozen and thawed soup, especially this one (which packs in broccoli) might have a slight change in the texture as opposed to when you will have just made the soup fresh, but in most cases, there is little to no nutritional change.
When you’re reheating the soup, just remember to stir it continuously to prevent the cheese from curdling.
What Does Broccoli Cheddar Soup Taste Best With?
Since this broccoli and cheese soup recipe is more on the heavier side, it tastes great when teamed up with a lighter accompaniment- like a salad with fresh veggies and a light vinaigrette, and of course, some crusty bread to go along with it.
If you have bread rolls, you can warm them up a little and slather them with some garlic butter and serve them!
Loved making and having this comfort food in a bowl? Share it with others you know and spread the love.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- How to Make Instant Pot Ramen Noodles as Good as Your Favorite Ramen Restaurant
- Ham Potato Soup - Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chili with Dry Beans
- How to Cook Lentils in Instant Pot Soup. Why You'll Absolutely Love Them!
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Asparagus Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipes (and Soup and Chili Recipes) You Have to Try
- Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe in Instant Pot
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe
- Sweet Chilli Sticky Chicken Legs
- Instant Pot Chicken Piccata
- Air Fryer Granola
- History of the Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Functions
- Air Fryer Egg Salad
- Pressure King Pro 5L Electric Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Air Fryer - Duo Crisp Pressure Cooker Plus Air Fryer
- What is the Best Instant Pot? An Overview of Instant Pot Models and Sizes