Instant Pot cookies and cream hot chocolate bombs are a delicious way to start your day or an afternoon pick me up. Grab a warm cup of milk and your cocoa bomb and watch it transform into the perfect cup of cocoa.
Skip the classic hot chocolate this morning and make something a tad different—oreo cookies, milk chocolate, paired with a cocoa mix that melts in your mouth.
The pressure cooker is easy to use as a double boiler, and the silicone egg bite mold is genius on being used to make these meltaway cocoa bombs.
Table of contents
What Do I Need For Instant Pot Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- Hot chocolate mix with mini marshmallows
- Almond Bark
- Oreo Cookies
- Instant Pot egg bites mold
- Double boiler
How to Make Hot Cocoa Bombs
Start by transforming your Instant Pot into a double boiler. Add in your wafer chips and let them melt down until fully creamy.
Coat the inside of your molds with a layer of chocolate. Place them in the fridge to set up.
Once the chocolate is fully set, add in all your fillings for the cookies and cream hot cocoa bombs. Top with more melted chocolate to seal all the filling in.
Let it set up, and carefully remove from the mold. Then drizzle with some white almond bark and cookie crumbs.
How To Use Hot Chocolate Bombs
Add your bombs in a larger cup. You can do 1-2 bombs per mug. Heat up your milk and pour over the cocoa bombs. As the warm milk hits it will melt the chocolate.
The cocoa mix gets released, and all you have to do is stir and sip on the perfect cup of cocoa.
Tips & Variations To Recipe
- Use white chocolate instead of the milk chocolate candy melts.
- Consider using a mint Oreo instead of a classic for a minty twist.
- Make as many or as few as you would like.
- Store in a room temperature area for up to two weeks.
- It is important to make sure to not make the chocolate too thick or it will not melt-down.
Can you freeze hot chocolate bombs?
You are more than welcome to freeze your bombs that you have and don't plan to use right away. Place in a freezer bag and freeze for 2-3 months.
You will want your bombs to fully thaw before you pour the warm milk over the top. Otherwise, the chocolate coating won't breakdown and melt.
Gift To Loved Ones
Grab a little clear bag and drop in some of your hot chocolate bombs. Pair with a fun or pretty mug, and you have a simple and affordable gift to give.
Great for neighbors, teachers, family members who enjoy cocoa, and more. These little bombs are so simple to make.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Valentine's Hot Chocolate Bombs
- How to Make Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- Starbucks Copycat Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bombs