Sharing is caring!
Christmas is the perfect time to indulge a bit, and if you’ve got a sweet tooth, there’s no holding back really since everyone is in the mood to celebrate. And if you’re hit by another sweet craving, here's one of the best Christmas dessert ideas you can't go wrong with.
Quick note: this cheesecake recipe makes 2 cheesecakes. You can freeze one for later, or give one as a gift.
Table of contents
- I Don’t Have a Springform Pan. What Else Can I Use?
- My Instant Pot Cheesecake Gets Runny. What Am I Doing Wrong?
- More Christmas Dessert Ideas
- My Cheesecake Has Cracks. What Do I Do?
- Cheesecake Baking Supplies
- How to Make Christmas Dessert Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Serving Ideas & Suggestions for Christmas Dessert Ideas
This Instant Pot cheesecake is incredibly easy to whip up in your kitchen, and has the perfect Christmas-y feel to it too. Keep reading to discover everything you need to know about it before you get started.
I Don’t Have a Springform Pan. What Else Can I Use?
The best part about owning an Instant Pot is the fact that you can use pretty much everything in there. So even if you don’t own a springform pan, you can still whip up this creamy and dreamy cheesecake.
You can use any other pot or pan made using stainless steel, food grade silicone or anodized aluminum.
My Instant Pot Cheesecake Gets Runny. What Am I Doing Wrong?
If you’ve tried making cheesecake in your Instant Pot, you might have experienced some hits and misses when it comes to getting the texture right.
And if you find that your cheesecake ends up all runny and doesn’t have that soft yet firm texture that you love, here’s what you need to keep in mind.
Just remember to cook the cheesecake for a little longer- if the center is runny, the cheesecake needs around 3-4 additional minutes of cooking time, followed by a 15 minute natural pressure release.
However, to avoid this happening, do NOT overmix the cheesecake batter. If you mix it too much, extra air gets into the cheesecake filling, which you don't want.
More Christmas Dessert Ideas
- Gingerbread Christmas Cake with Frosting | This gingerbread cake is one of the best Christmas cakes you can make. It includes a maple bourbon frosting that has to be the best frosting recipe around.
- Instant Pot Eggnog | Top off your tasty Christmas dessert choice with a cup of eggnog. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or a dash of rum.
- Peppermint Cheesecake | A cheesecake that has crushed up peppermint candy in it has to be good! This one is perfect for a winter holiday dessert.
My Cheesecake Has Cracks. What Do I Do?
Cheesecakes cooked in the Instant Pot often come out with a crack along the top. An easy way to correct this imperfection is to take a butter knife and run it under hot water. Dry the knife with a kitchen towel and then careful smooth out the top of the cheesecake. You can repeat this with the sides, rinsing the knife with hot water in between smoothing the cheesecake.
This is another common mistake a lot of people tend to make when making cheesecake in an Instant Pot.
Remember to keep all your ingredients (especially the cream cheese) at room temperature when you’re making the cheesecake. This will ensure that it cooks to perfection, and doesn’t end up overcooked or undercooked.
And of course, you can always add a decorative topping to your cheesecake to hide any cracks. Whipped cream or fruit on the top is a great way to go!
Cheesecake Baking Supplies
- 7-inch springform pan | This is one of best pans for cheesecakes or cakes in the Instant Pot. Not only does the cake bake perfectly in the springform pan, it also releases easily because of the spring.
- Round parchment paper | Lining the bottom of your pan with parchment paper makes lifting the cheesecake from the pan a lot easier.
- Heart spoon | This wooden heart shaped spoon is such a useful and beautiful kitchen utensil.
- Medium-sized bowl | A set of glass mixing bowls is always good to have on hand for cooking or baking.
- Trivet | Add water to the inner pot and then lower in a trivet with your cheesecake set on top.
- High trivet | You can use this high trivet to set a cooking pan on top of in the inner pot. We haven't tried it, but it might be possible to add this trivet in over one cheesecake so you can layer another cheesecake above. Just make sure to cover the cheesecake on the bottom so condensation doesn't drop into the cheesecake on the bottom. Let us know if you try it.
How to Make Christmas Dessert Instant Pot Cheesecake
For complete directions, see recipe instructions at the bottom of the post.
This cheesecake recipe is easy to whip up, and includes making a quick crust, and then combining the ingredients for the filling. Make sure to not overmix the cheesecake filling. That is the most important step to ensure a quality finished product.
We use red velvet cake mix to flavor the cheesecake and to add red color to the cake. You can also mix in a tiny bit of organic red beet supercolor powder or other red food coloring if you want a richer red color.
Pour the white cheesecake filling onto the crust, and then pour some of the white batter in and swirl. That's the basic idea.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions for Christmas Dessert Ideas
There are tons of ways you could decorate and serve your Christmas cheesecake in style.
You could make use of candy melts and candy canes for decoration, or just a light dusting of icing sugar if you’re not in the mood for something extra and want to keep it simple.
Some Christmas sprinkles can also do the magic when you add them on the top of some whipped cream. And if you love peppermint, topping it with some crushed peppermint candy can really take it up a notch.
Supplies used to make the best Christmas Cheesecake
Holiday cheesecake recipe
- 4 8-ounce cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup red velvet cake mix
- (optional) red food coloring
Cheesecake crust (makes 2)
- Mixed together your cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, heavy cream, and sugar.
- Take your cheesecake mixture and divide the batter into two.
- In one of the bowls of the cheesecake batter, add in your red velvet cake. You can also add in your red food coloring if you want to make it a brighter red. Mix well.
- Mixed together your graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter.
- Add parchment paper to the bottom of your spring
pan. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Add half of the graham cracker mixture to the bottom of your spring pan mold. Push down well to flatten the graham crackers with your fingers, or the back of a spoon.
- Add your white cheesecake mixture to the top of your graham crackers about halfway of your pan. Take 1/4 cup and add the red velvet cheesecake mixture to the middle of your cheesecake. Take 1/4 cup and add the white cheesecake mixture to the middle of your cheesecake.
- Continue to alternate until you have filled your spring pan mold. (For the second cheesecake, add the red velvet cheesecake mixture first, then ¼ cup white cheesecake, etc.)
- Taking a toothpick, chopstick, or knife, starting from the center, move outward toward the pan creating straight lines. Once you have done this, start from the center and create a clockwise circle creating swirls moving toward the outside of the pan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- On the side, place your trivet on a flat surface. Place your cake pan on the trivet. Carefully, transfer the trivet to the inside of the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid on your Instant Pot and close the sealing valve.
- Cook on High Pressure for 45 minutes. Once completed, allow a natural release for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the trivet inside the Pot using the trivet handles with hot pads or a towel. Transfer and cool in the fridge for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- This cheesecake recipe makes 2 cheesecakes. Serve one and put one in the freezer for later, or give a cheesecake as a gift.
- Add optional toppings: whipped cream, berries, peppermint crumbles, chocolate ganache, and more.
- Can my dog eat Swirled Cheesecake? It is not appropriate for you to give this dessert to your dog. The Cheesecake is a dish designed to satisfy the tastes of the human palate, and dogs do not have the same recognition capacity for sweet flavors. In addition to the fact that your digestive system is not adequate to digest high amounts of sugar, this dessert could cause health problems. Without counting on the possibility that you may be celiac or lactose intolerant and in that case the situation would be even worse.
- Can my cat eat Swirled Cheesecake? The answer is simple: no. Cheesecake is not recommended for your cat for a number of reasons. The first reason is that cats are obligate carnivores, which means that giving them sweets and desserts does not add any value to their diet. Then, if even knowing this, you insist on giving him some Cheesecake, keep in mind that your cat could be celiac or lactose intolerant. Which would generate a picture of fatal intoxication for him.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 450Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 152mgSodium 318mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 0gSugar 16gProtein 7g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!