Christmas is the perfect time to indulge a bit, and if you’ve got a sweet tooth, there’s no holding back really since everyone is in the mood to celebrate. And if you’re hit by another sweet craving, here's one of the best Christmas dessert ideas you can't go wrong with.
Quick note: this cheesecake recipe makes 2 cheesecakes. You can freeze one for later, or give one as a gift.
Table of contents
- I Don’t Have a Springform Pan. What Else Can I Use?
- My Instant Pot Cheesecake Gets Runny. What Am I Doing Wrong?
- More Christmas Dessert Ideas
- My Cheesecake Has Cracks. What Do I Do?
- Cheesecake Baking Supplies
- How to Make Christmas Dessert Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Serving Ideas & Suggestions for Christmas Dessert Ideas
This Instant Pot cheesecake is incredibly easy to whip up in your kitchen, and has the perfect Christmas-y feel to it too. Keep reading to discover everything you need to know about it before you get started.
I Don’t Have a Springform Pan. What Else Can I Use?
The best part about owning an Instant Pot is the fact that you can use pretty much everything in there. So even if you don’t own a springform pan, you can still whip up this creamy and dreamy cheesecake.
You can use any other pot or pan made using stainless steel, food grade silicone or anodized aluminum.
My Instant Pot Cheesecake Gets Runny. What Am I Doing Wrong?
If you’ve tried making cheesecake in your Instant Pot, you might have experienced some hits and misses when it comes to getting the texture right.
And if you find that your cheesecake ends up all runny and doesn’t have that soft yet firm texture that you love, here’s what you need to keep in mind.
Just remember to cook the cheesecake for a little longer- if the center is runny, the cheesecake needs around 3-4 additional minutes of cooking time, followed by a 15 minute natural pressure release.
However, to avoid this happening, do NOT overmix the cheesecake batter. If you mix it too much, extra air gets into the cheesecake filling, which you don't want.
More Christmas Dessert Ideas
- Gingerbread Christmas Cake with Frosting | This gingerbread cake is one of the best Christmas cakes you can make. It includes a maple bourbon frosting that has to be the best frosting recipe around.
- Instant Pot Eggnog | Top off your tasty Christmas dessert choice with a cup of eggnog. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or a dash of rum.
- Peppermint Cheesecake | A cheesecake that has crushed up peppermint candy in it has to be good! This one is perfect for a winter holiday dessert.
My Cheesecake Has Cracks. What Do I Do?
Cheesecakes cooked in the Instant Pot often come out with a crack along the top. An easy way to correct this imperfection is to take a butter knife and run it under hot water. Dry the knife with a kitchen towel and then careful smooth out the top of the cheesecake. You can repeat this with the sides, rinsing the knife with hot water in between smoothing the cheesecake.
This is another common mistake a lot of people tend to make when making cheesecake in an Instant Pot.
Remember to keep all your ingredients (especially the cream cheese) at room temperature when you’re making the cheesecake. This will ensure that it cooks to perfection, and doesn’t end up overcooked or undercooked.
And of course, you can always add a decorative topping to your cheesecake to hide any cracks. Whipped cream or fruit on the top is a great way to go!
Cheesecake Baking Supplies
- 7-inch springform pan | This is one of best pans for cheesecakes or cakes in the Instant Pot. Not only does the cake bake perfectly in the springform pan, it also releases easily because of the spring.
- Round parchment paper | Lining the bottom of your pan with parchment paper makes lifting the cheesecake from the pan a lot easier.
- Heart spoon | This wooden heart shaped spoon is such a useful and beautiful kitchen utensil.
- Medium-sized bowl | A set of glass mixing bowls is always good to have on hand for cooking or baking.
- Trivet | Add water to the inner pot and then lower in a trivet with your cheesecake set on top.
- High trivet | You can use this high trivet to set a cooking pan on top of in the inner pot. We haven't tried it, but it might be possible to add this trivet in over one cheesecake so you can layer another cheesecake above. Just make sure to cover the cheesecake on the bottom so condensation doesn't drop into the cheesecake on the bottom. Let us know if you try it.
How to Make Christmas Dessert Instant Pot Cheesecake
For complete directions, see recipe instructions at the bottom of the post.
This cheesecake recipe is easy to whip up, and includes making a quick crust, and then combining the ingredients for the filling. Make sure to not overmix the cheesecake filling. That is the most important step to ensure a quality finished product.
We use red velvet cake mix to flavor the cheesecake and to add red color to the cake. You can also mix in a tiny bit of organic red beet supercolor powder or other red food coloring if you want a richer red color.
Pour the white cheesecake filling onto the crust, and then pour some of the white batter in and swirl. That's the basic idea.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions for Christmas Dessert Ideas
There are tons of ways you could decorate and serve your Christmas cheesecake in style.
You could make use of candy melts and candy canes for decoration, or just a light dusting of icing sugar if you’re not in the mood for something extra and want to keep it simple.
Some Christmas sprinkles can also do the magic when you add them on the top of some whipped cream. And if you love peppermint, topping it with some crushed peppermint candy can really take it up a notch.