Sharing is caring!
Love chocolate? Craving cheesecake? Why not combine the best of both worlds with this Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake. It's creamy, it's delicious, and it's a breeze since you're going to be able to let your Instant Pot do all of the hard work.
Once you learn how to make this simple dish, you'll never question how to make cheesecake in the Instant Pot ever again!
And this one is even a gluten free chocolate cheesecake!
Table of contents
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Ingredients to Make Chocolate Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Supplies
- Topping Ideas For Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- How long does the cheesecake need to be in the fridge for after cooking it?
- How do I know when my instant pot cheesecake is done?
- Is it OK to put a warm cheesecake in the fridge?
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
This chocolate cheesecake Instant Pot recipe is one of my favorite treats. It's simple and just hits every area of my taste buds. I've always been a huge fan of cheesecake recipes but never really enjoyed the whole process that goes into it.
But now that I can whip up this Instant Pot Cheesecake Chocolate recipe in half the time with way less prep and stress, I'm never going to make another one without using my Instant Pot ever again.
This recipe is literally full of chocolate flavor with every single bite!
Ingredients to Make Chocolate Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
The full list of ingredients and measurements can be found in the printable recipe below.
- Almond flour
- Unsalted butter, melted
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- Heavy cream
- Unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- Coconut oil
Instant Pot Supplies
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan- I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling- This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips- I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag- Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds- Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don't have to measure and cut a circle out.
Topping Ideas For Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
The great part about cheesecake recipes is that you can really have fun with the toppings.
Some of the best topping ideas are the most simple as well. You don't have to go all out to make a tasty cheesecake topping.
And in the recipe card below, you'll find a homemade chocolate syrup recipe that you can add to this Chocolate Cheesecake Instant Pot recipe.
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Shredded Coconut
- Chocolate Chips/Mini Chocolate Chips
- Caramel/Hot Fudge
- 7-inch springform cheesecake cake pan | This pan is so useful for making all kinds of cakes in the Instant Pot, but it can also be used for any of your pot-in-pot recipes. Try it out the next time you make an Instant Pot lasagna!
- Parchment paper rounds | We use these parchment paper rounds with all the baking type recipes that we make. It makes it so much easier to clean up the pan, and also to remove a cake or cheesecake from the pan. Another great recipe to use parchment paper for is this Nutter Butter Cheesecake.
- Monk fruit sweetener | If you don't want to use a lot of processed sugar, this is a great substitute. I order it online because it is not always easy to find at my local store.
- Red silicone trivet | This red trivet is a go to for lifting springform pans in and out of the Instant Pot.
How long does the cheesecake need to be in the fridge for after cooking it?
A minimum of 4 hours is good so that it can cool down all the way and firm up as well.
Once that time has passed, you can then slice and serve.
How do I know when my instant pot cheesecake is done?
One of the biggest questions that people have when it comes to making the cheesecake in the Instant Pot is wanting to know whether it's cooked all the way or not.
An instant-read thermometer is a great tool for easing your mind. You can test the temperature in the middle of the cheesecake to know if it's ready to pull.
For your cheesecake to be considered done, the internal temperature should be between 140-150 degrees.
Is it OK to put a warm cheesecake in the fridge?
No, you need to let it cool down completely before you place it in the fridge. If you try to rush through it, you'll find out that your cheesecake is going to probably get cracks in it as the heat is escaping in the fridge.
Supplies used to make the Best Chocolate Cheesecake
- 7-inch springform cheesecake cake pan
- Parchment paper rounds
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Red silicone trivet
Gluten Free Crust Recipe
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 8-ounce blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener*
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1¼ cup water
- 10 large strawberries that are sliced
- Spray the inside of the springform pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the gluten free cheesecake crust by putting all the crust ingredients in a bowl and stirring. Press the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan, covering completely. Put in the freezer.
- To make the cheesecake batter, beat the cream on medium spend until blended. Don't overmix.
- Add in the vanilla and mix for 10 seconds.
- Put in the cream and monk fruit sweetener and mix for 15 seconds.
- Add in the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Next, add in the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Take the crust pan out of the freezer and pour in the chocolate cheesecake batter. Smooth and gently tap on the counter to get out any hidden air bubbles.
- Put water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and put the springform pan on the trivet. Put the trivet inside the Instant Pot with the handles easy to grab later.
- Put on the lid and lock. Select manual and set to high. Put the cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally until the pin drops. Once that happens, take off the lid and lift out by the trivet handles. Allow cooling on the counter for 15 minutes before putting in fridge for 4 hours minimum.
- To make the chocolate sauce mix all the ingredients listed above and blend. Pour over the cheesecake.
- After the Instant Pot chocolate cheesecake chills, add on the chocolate sauce topping and fresh strawberries.
- For a sweeter cheesecake, you can put in an additional 1-2 Tablespoons of powdered monk fruit sweetener if you want.
- Can a dog have Chocolate Cheesecake? The truth is that your dog may be tempted to eat cheesecake, but you should prevent your puppy from eating this delicious dessert. Especially because it includes chocolate and this ingredient can give you stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea, and in the worst case, it can poison you and lead to death.
- Can a cat have Chocolate Cheesecake? Avoid at all costs that your cat eats this dessert. Cats do not digest sweets well, much less those that contain chocolate, their metabolism lacks the ability to synthesize this food and if they consume it they can become intoxicated and lead to death.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
SPLENDA Naturals Monk Fruit Zero Calorie All Natural Granulated Sweetener Jar, 19 oz
Silicone Trivet For Instant Pot | Fits 6,8 Qt Instapot, Ninja Foodi and Other Pressure Cookers | 3 in 1 - Bakeware Pan Sling Lifter, Egg Rack, and Roasting Rack
EasyShopForEveryone Stainless Steel Flan Mold, Ergonomic Handle for Safe and Easy Lifting, Pressure Cooker Accessories 6qt Compatible with Instant Pot 6,8 Qt, Ninja Foodi, Round Cake Pan - MEDIUM
Instant Pot Official Round Cake Pan, 7-Inch, Gray
Amount Per Serving Calories 752Total Fat 65gSaturated Fat 34gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 185mgSodium 365mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 7gSugar 17gProtein 15g
Like this recipe? Check out all off our Cheesecake Recipes. We're adding more extraordinary flavors all the time! A couple of our favorites, besides this one, are Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake. Then, there's our Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Peppermint Cheesecake. And our Creme Brulee Cheesecake...WOW!
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!