Sharing is caring!
Grab your dry beans and learn how to make Instant Pot chili with dry beans. The best damn chili you will ever eat in my opinion. A 3 bean chili that brings the ultimate flavor.
Raid that pantry and use up your dry beans, and make an award-winning chili with your pressure cooker. This chili can be made in your Ninja Foodi as well.
Why You Will Enjoy This Dry Bean Chili
- Affordable to make
- No soak bean recipe
- Three-bean chili for optimal flavor
- A tremendous dry bean recipe
- Simple Ingredients
- Bold Flavor
- It can easily be made into a Ninja Foodi chili
Ingredients For Instant Pot Chili
How to Make Instant Pot Dry Bean Chili
Complete directions for this instant pot chili recipe with dry beans are in the printable recipe card below.
Start by rinsing your beans in cold water in a colander. This is a great way to pick through the dry beans and remove any stones or debris.
Set to bean/chili setting for 25 minutes, with a natural release. Once done, drain and rinse the pot and place it back in.
You will add in your oil and then toss in the onions and jalapenos. You want to saute them to help break down the onions a bit.
Turn off the saute mode, add in all the other ingredients, stir, and place the lid on the pressure cooker. Cook again as directed below.
Chili can be refrigerated for up to three days. You will find the next day the chili has the best flavor!
You can freeze chili as well if you don't want to eat it all right away. Place the chili in an airtight container that is freezer-friendly.
Freeze the chili for 3-4 months. Then thaw and heat, or warm it up straight from being frozen. Just be careful not to break up the beans too much.
Dried beans work wonderfully in chili. You have to cook them up to soften them up a bit. I share how to pressure-cook dried beans without soaking them overnight.
You can use dry beans in the Instant Pot! Just rinse first, and pick out any bad beans and stones. Dump in the pressure cooker, and cover with water. Cook as directed in the recipe card.
The beans turn out tender and delicious every single time.
The bean or chili setting on the pressure cooker defaults to high pressure. If you don't have the button for chili, do manual/high pressure and then select the correct cooking time in the recipe card.
More Soup And Stew Recipes
- Turkey chili Instant Pot
- Chili con carne
- Instant Pot beef stew
- Carrot ginger soup
- White bean chicken chili
- Crockpot crack chicken chili
Supplies to make the most delicious Chili with Dry Beans
Ingredients for Chili
- 1 cup Organic Black Beans
- 1 cup Kidney Beans
- 1 cup Pinto Beans
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced (deseeding, optional)
- 4 Garlic Cloves, pressed
- 1 lb Ground Beef 93/7 Grass Fed
- 2-3 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3-4 cups Beef Broth
- 1-32 ounce Can Tomatoes
- Rinse the beans and combine in the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Cover with water and secure the lid.
- Set to beans/chili and cook for 25 minutes. Do a natural release.
- Drain and rinse the beans and clean out the inner pot.
- Set the pressure cooker to saute and add the cooking oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion and diced jalapeños. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and continue cooking for one more minute. Stir occasionally.
- Add the ground beef, seasoning and cocoa powder. Stir well and cook until ground beef is well-browned.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add the cooked beans, broth, and tomatoes.
- Secure lid and set Instant Pot to cook on the beans/chili setting for 20 minutes. Do a natural pressure release when the cooking time finishes.
Suggestions for a unique Instant Pot Chili with Dry Beans
- This is a great recipe to accompany with white rice and salad, or with Nachos.
- If you want you can let it rest for a few hours or a day before serving, this will help the ingredients' flavors to blend better between each other.
- For a vegetarian option, you can change the ground beef for soy protein.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 12 Stainless Steel for Cooking & Baking
Modern Silicone Spoon Rests (Set of 3) | Kitchen Utensil Holders | Quality Material | BPA Free | Counter Spatula Holder | Stovetop Spoon Rest
Wooden Spoons for Cooking,Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set,Wooden Spoons Cooking Utensil Set Non Scratch Natural Teak Wooden Utensils for Cooking(Teak 8 Pack)
ZYLISS Susi 3 Garlic Press "No Need To Peel" - Built in Cleaner - Crusher, Mincer and Peeler, Cast Aluminum
Amount Per Serving Calories 419Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 67mgSodium 4310mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 11gSugar 5gProtein 35g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!