This Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes just screams comfort food. One bite of this and you're going to be ready to gobble the rest down and snuggle up by the fire.
The taste and flavor of this simple boneless chicken thighs recipe are certain to be a hit. Give this IP chicken a try today.
This chicken and potato recipe is so delicious and pairs great with green beans, broccoli, side salad, and more. Skip pan seared chicken thighs and make this pressure cooker chicken today.
Juicy, flavorful instapot chicken that is never dry. Season with salt and pepper and ring that dinner bell.
Table of contents
- Can you cook frozen chicken thighs Instant Pot?
- Why you will love this garlic parmesan chicken and potatoes recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
- Tips for Cooking Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot
- Do you have to peel the potatoes for this recipe?
- Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipes You'll Love
- More Kitchen Supplies Used with This Chicken Thighs Recipe
- What type of potatoes should you use for this recipe?
- How do you reheat potatoes?
- How long to cook boneless chicken thighs?
- Can you use other meat besides chicken thighs in this recipe?
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
- More Instant Pot Recipes
Can you cook frozen chicken thighs Instant Pot?
I enjoy making Instant Pot frozen chicken recipes! This recipe is one that will work well using frozen chicken thighs. Just skip the searing the chicken, and move on to the next steps in the recipe.
I love pan-seared chicken thighs because it adds lots of flavors. This recipe can be made by skipping it, and you'll just miss out on the searing flavor. So if you forgot to set the chicken out, no worries. Make this garlic chicken thighs recipe and let me know what you think!
Why you will love this garlic parmesan chicken and potatoes recipe
- The best boneless skinless chicken thighs recipe
- Simple steps
- Cook potatoes and chicken at once in one pot.
- Minimal cleanup
- Quick cook
- Stores well in the fridge
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
People always talk about steak and potatoes going together perfectly...but they've obviously never heard about instant pot chicken thighs and potatoes as well.
This recipe is so simple because the Instant Pot does all the work and it's a really simple way to make a hearty meal for the family, too.
I love making this dish when I know we have a super busy night and I need something delicious and fast.
Tips for Cooking Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot
When cooking this simple recipe, there is actually no need to saute the chicken entirely all the way through. Due to the rest of the recipe, it'll get cooked entirely throughout the rest of the process.
Be certain to get low sodium chicken broth if you're trying to cut down on your salt intake. The recipe can use either one and it's an easy substitution that won't affect the flavor.
Do you have to peel the potatoes for this recipe?
You don't. You can if you want, but I never do. Just make certain that you clean them well and give them a good scrub if you're not going to clean them.
That way you don't have to worry about any of the dirt and grime. You will find russet potatoes have thicker skin than say a new potato. It is all about a personal preference as to peeling or not peeling the potatoes.
Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes You'll Love
- Chicken Thighs Thai Soup | Easy and delicious Asian-inspired chicken soup using chicken thighs. Another stand out pressure cooker chicken thighs dish!
- Salsa Chicken Tacos | Make this salsa chicken with either chicken thighs or chicken breast meat. Either way, this is a delicious recipe that is easy to make.
- Cajun Chicken Pasta | Whip up this chicken pasta recipe that is flavored with Cajun seasonings.
- Panda Express Fried Rice | This recipe is so easy to throw together. It's quick and made quicker using meal prepped chicken.
- Instant Pot Chicken Legs | Cayenne and rosemary join together in these chicken legs in an instant pot recipe.
- Asian Chicken Thigh Recipes | This is a Thai soup with a nice Asian chicken flair. Whip this up for dinner tonight.
More Kitchen Supplies Used with This Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Wooden spoons | An absolute kitchen essential and something that is used daily in our house.
- Cheese grater | Grate fresh Parmesan cheese for this recipe instead of buying pre-grated cheese. Freshly grated cheese is always better!
- Citrus zester | This citrus zester is such a great tool to have on hand when working with recipes that have orange, lemon, or lime zest.
- Garlic press with cleaning tool | Freshly pressed minced garlic is easy to do with this garlic press. This garlic press includes a cleaning tool, which you absolutely need to use to clean the garlic press completely. This set is a must-have.
What type of potatoes should you use for this recipe?
You can really use whatever type of potatoes that you want. Small red potatoes are always a good choice because they're bite-sized and flavorful.
You should even consider trying this recipe with sweet potatoes at some point in time, too.
Because anytime you can do a potato recipe in the Instant Pot, it's always a good idea.
Just make sure to cut and prep your potatoes properly. Having evenly cut potatoes helps ensure you get an even cook on your potatoes.
Otherwise, some could turn to mush and others could be undercooked if they are not prepped properly.
How do you reheat potatoes?
Reheating potatoes isn't hard but there is a bit of science to it. You're going to want to reheat low and slow to retain the texture and flavor.
You might be tempted to pop them in the microwave to reheat and while you can do that, it might overcook them and cause them to turn mushy on the inside.
How long to cook boneless chicken thighs?
Not sure how long to cook chicken thighs? Well, with this Instant Pot chicken recipe I cooked for 15 minutes on high pressure, followed by a quick release of pressure.
Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure your chicken is fully cooked. Just make sure the thermometer reads 165 degrees internal temperature.
Instant pot cooking times can vary depending on thickness of your chicken, what model you use, and more. So always check internal temps to ensure chicken is cooked.
If it is undercooked, return and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or however long you think it might require.
Can you use other meat besides chicken thighs in this recipe?
You can. This is what makes this recipe so great. You have the flexibility to use whatever type of chicken you want.
I like chicken thighs because of the flavor but I'm also understanding that sometimes you have to use up whatever chicken you have in your freezer.
The main thing to keep in mind is that no matter what type of chicken you use, just be certain to follow the steps on the recipe card listed below.
This will ensure that the chicken is the most flavorful and moist as possible and cooked perfectly, too. You'll be happy with any type of meat that you use.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
More Instant Pot Recipes
Also, learn how to master Instant Pot chicken breasts - the perfect chicken each and every time!