Just wait until you try the taste and flavor of this Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki. It's not only delicious but it's nice and tender, too. The added mushrooms bring out such a flavor that you're going to love and enjoy!
Table of contents
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken with Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Kitchen Supplies
- How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- What To Serve With Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- What type of mushrooms works best for this Instant Pot chicken recipe?
- Why do people add cornstarch to recipes?
- Variations to this Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken with Mushrooms
What I love about this simple chicken recipe is that it tastes as it came from a restaurant. And no one actually has to know that it's one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes there is.
One bowl of this teriyaki chicken recipe and I think you'll agree. We also love to add in the mushrooms because it adds a super fun texture, too. The more hearty you can make this recipe, the better!
Instant Pot Kitchen Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
Start by putting the cubed chicken into the Instant Pot. Add in one cup of water and set the valve to the sealed position.
Push manual or pressure cook button and set the time to 8-10 minutes (if the chicken is frozen). Once the pot stops counting, release the pressure.
Next, you're going to want to drain the liquid from the chicken. Once that is done put in the mushrooms and onion. Turn off the Instant Pot and turn on Saute mode. Put the lid on top of the pot. Stir often.
Grab a measuring cup and mix together the teriyaki sauce, garlic, and cornstarch. Use a whisk and whisk well. Once mixed, pour the mixture over the chicken, onions, and mushrooms while on saute mode. This will cause it to thicken fast. Once you notice that it starts to thicken, turn it off saute mode.
You can then add in black pepper, stir, and serve over white steamed rice.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Since this dish has a lot of elements to it already, you don't have to serve a lot of things with it. Some simple side dishes could be:
- Steamed Vegetable
- Side of bread
What type of mushrooms works best for this Instant Pot chicken recipe?
For this recipe, I used Bella mushrooms but you can easily use any type of mushrooms that you want. You're going to want to use mushrooms that hold together well and are big enough that they're not going to get mushy.
Why do people add cornstarch to recipes?
Cornstarch is a simple and easy way to thicken up recipes. This is what you'll find in many recipes as a substitute for using flour.
Variations to this Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
If you want to change up this recipe some, go for it. You can look at adding in more vegetables or even changing up the flavor a bit by adding in different herbs and seasonings.
The one thing that you don't want to change is the teriyaki flavor because it really is the star of the show!
More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Sticky Sauce
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Rice
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Leek Soup
- more Chicken recipes