Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Perfect for all Mexican food lovers, here’s a quick chicken taquitos recipe that you can whip up in your instant pot.
Perfect for when you’re craving for some Meixcan food, here’s a supremely easy and insanely delicious dinner recipe you can try out the next time you don’t want to order a takeout.
These chicken taquitos take just a few minutes to prep, and then they’re done in your instant pot. Cool right?
Ready to give them a shot? Here’s what you need to know before you jump into it- to make sure you do it the right way! Read on…
How Can I Roll My Chicken Taquitos Recipe Tightly?
Rolling the tortillas correctly and ensuring that the filling in them doesn’t spill out can seem tricky, especially if you’re trying these for the first time, but here’s a tip to help you ace it.
Depending on the size of your tortillas, spread a tablespoon or two of the mixture on one side of the tortilla and roll it gently but tightly into a tube until you reach the end of the tortilla, and then, if needed, you can secure it in place with the help of a toothpick.
How to Keep Taquitos From Falling Apart?
If your taquitos keep falling apart as you try to roll them, here’s a quick trick that might help. Start by heating the corn tortillas in the microwave, keeping them covered- ideally around 1 to 2 minutes only- that’s it.
What this little step does is that it softens the tortillas, which makes them easy to roll- just make sure you cover them with a paper plate so that all the steam is contained within them, and that they stay soft and moist.
Another trick to soften the tortillas is to steam them before you start to spoon the mixture onto them. We’ve highlighted how to do just that in your instant pot in detail in the recipe itself.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
When you’re serving taquitos on their own, serving is pretty easy. Top them with some guacamole or melted cheese, or even a generous dollop of sour cream if you’re feeling like it, and you’re done.
And of course, a side of hot sauce or salsa can really take things up a notch.
If you’re looking for an additional dish that you can make and team up with these taquitos, possibly when you’re having someone over for dinner, here are a few ideas to get you started.
- A simple green salad
- Roasted corn on the cob, slathered in butter
- Refried beans
- Spanish rice
- Black bean soup
- Mexican corn salad
- Avocado and tomato salad
- Cilantro lime rice
- Mexican street corn bake
- Roasted potato salad
- Jalapeno chicken wraps
- Stuffed poblano peppers
More Mexican-Food Inspired Instant Pot Recipes We Love
- Instant Pot Carnitas Recipe – a Pressure Cooker Dinner
- Spanish Rice: Instant Pot Rice Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Mexican Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Nachos with Chicken & Homemade Queso Dip
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Hamburger Helper Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans Recipe
- Instant Pot Ranchero Beans
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 20 corn tortillas
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups water, divided
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Sour cream, to garnish
- Salsa, to garnish
- Shredded cheese, to garnish
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot on the trivet in the Instant Pot. Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the chicken breasts. Pour in 1 cup of water to the bottom of the IP. Pour in the 1 cup of water. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the valve. Set the IP to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes are done, manually release by opening the valve. Open the Instant Pot lid after all the pressure has been released.
- Remove each piece of chicken, and shred. After shredded, put in a large bowl along with the sour cream and salsa. Mix well.
- Pour out the water from the Instant Pot, and wipe clean the pot, as well as the trivet. Once cleaned, add 1 cup of water turn the Instant Pot on steam mode. Once water is bubbling, and steaming, place a tortilla on the trivet.
- Steam one side for about 1 minute, flip, and steam the other side for about 1 minute.
- After the tortilla has steamed, place about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture in the tortilla across the middle. Roll. Set aside. Continue with the next taquito.
- Pour oil into a frying pan about halfway. Set your stove to medium heat. Once oil is hot, place taquito fold down until golden brown. Flip to fry the opposite side until golden brown. Continue until all are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite sides such as cilantro, shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pressure Cooker Sling And Egg Rack - Premium Silicone Sling - Perfect Accessory for Instant Pot 6 8 Qt Ninja Foodi and Other Pressure and Multi-cookers
Instant Pot Stainless Steel Inner Pot - 8 Quart
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Sous Vide, Roast, Bake, Broil, and Warmer|8 Quart|11 One-Touch Programs
Instant Pot 5252321 Official Round Cake Pan, 7-Inch, Gray
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g