Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
This Instant Pot Chicken Marsala has a flavor that is unlike any other chicken dish. It's not only delicious and simple to make, but you can literally have an awesome dinner for the family in less than 45 minutes of time. Using your Instant Pot makes this easy chicken breast recipe a breeze.
Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
Once you add in the ingredients of Portabella mushrooms and Marsala wine, you know you're going to be obsessed already with the taste of this dish. One of the hardest parts might be patiently waiting for those few minutes for it to be done!
Ingredients needed for this Gluten Free Chicken Marsala in the Instant Pot
Be certain to gather up this list of ingredients before you get started. You'll want to have all on hand and have them prepped and ready to go.
- Coconut flour
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Baby Portobello mushrooms
- Red onion
- Sweet Marsala wine
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Fresh parsley
What is Chicken Marsala served with?
There are many ways that you can eat and enjoy this simple chicken marsala Instant Pot recipe. You can eat it as is or serve it with a side of rice or noodles as well.
Some people also like mashed potatoes which is another great option. Anything hearty will work!
Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
More Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes to Try
Can I use balsamic vinegar instead of marsala wine?
If you're looking for a substitute to use instead of wine for this dish, you can use a few different options instead.
One option to omit the marsala wine would be to use a grape juice mixture instead. Many people ask about using balsamic vinegar and that just isn't going to have the sweet flavor and taste that this recipe needs.
If you're not worried about having a sweet taste to this dish, chicken broth could be another alternative as well.
SUPPLIES AND SPECIAL INGREDIENTS
- Marsala wine | This is a sweet fortified wine, which means a distilled spirit such as brandy has been added to the wine. The ABV is increased (18.6% in this case) because of it, but alcohol cooks off.
- Thongs | A good set of kitchen thongs is something that should be kept on hand for many cooking purposes. This set has non-scratch tips so they work nicely with all your non-stick pans.
- Wooden spoon set | We love this wood cooking spoons set. They are our grab and go cooking utensil.
- Instant Pot silicone ring replacement | We often get the question: How often should I change the sealing ring on my Instant Pot? It is recommended to replace the sealing ring on the Instant Pot every 12-18 months, or as frequently as every 6 months. If your sealing ring is discolored or has an odor, you can certainly change it more often.
How do you reheat chicken marsala?
More than likely, you're going to have leftovers of this hearty dish. The best way to reheat your chicken marsala is to warm it up in the oven for about 15 or 20 minutes. Set the temperature to 350 degrees and just keep an eye on it.
But if you're looking for a faster way to warm up this dish, the microwave can work just fine as well. You'll need to be careful here though because microwaves are powerful and fast and can actually overcook the chicken if you're not watching it.
How long does chicken marsala last in the fridge?
Leftovers are great but a good rule of thumb is that if you're not going to eat those leftovers within 2-3 days of cooking it the first time, you either need to dispose of it or look at putting it in the freezer for later.
It's a simple dish that can be enjoyed fresh, as leftovers, or frozen for a month or two down the road.
More Easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Sticky Sauce
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Rice
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Leek Soup
- more Chicken recipes
Supplies and Special Ingredients
Easy Chicken Marsala Ingredients
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- I ½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to ¼“ thickness
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ¾ cup sweet Marsala wine
- ¾ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, brought to room temp and cut into chunks
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Start by combining the coconut flour, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Go ahead and add in a bit of salt and pepper. Stir.
- Put the chicken in a freezer (one-gallon size) and pour the flour mixture in. Close bag and shake until chicken is coated.
- Push the sauté function button on the Instant Pot and then set it to high. Put in one tablespoon of olive oil and let it get hot. Once it's hot, add in a piece of chicken from the bag and do this until the bottom is covered. (You might have to do batches.)
- At this point, you're going to want to brown the chicken on both sides. This should take about 3 minutes per side. Once done, repeat and remove. You might also need to add in more olive oil too.
- Put in the butter after the chicken is cooked and let the Instant Pot melt it. Once melted, add in the mushrooms and onion. Stir until the onions are soft and the mushrooms are browned. This will take about 6 minutes.
- Next, pour in the wine and chicken broth to deglaze the bottom of the Instant Pot. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom clean.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add the cooked chicken back in. Put on the lid, lock it, and set to sealing. Press the manual button and put the setting on high. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes. Then do a quick release. Turn off the unit and take off the lid. Put the chicken on a plate and let it rest for about 5 minutes or so.
- While it's resting, you can make the sauce. Temper the heavy cream with about 2 tablespoons of the hot liquid from the bottom of the Instant Pot. Once done, add in more heavy cream, cream cheese, and chopped parsley. Stir to combine.
- Put some of the sauce on the top of the chicken breast. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Sous Vide, Roast, Bake, Broil, and Warmer|8 Quart|11 One-Touch Programs
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Multifunction Basket, Pressure Cooker Steam Rack
HIC Souffle, Fine White Porcelain, 7.5-Inch, 48-Ounce, 1.5-Quarts Capacity
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 449mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g