Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole with rice is the ultimate Instant Pot chicken recipe. You have tender rice, corn, black beans, shreds of chicken in every single bite.
This chicken enchilada casserole recipe is crazy simple to make and takes just 10 minutes of cook time with a natural release.
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
I love a good chicken and rice recipe. But when you add the enchilada spin it easily becomes a favorite. This is a great chicken breast recipe!
What Rice To Use For This Instant Pot Casserole
I use white long grain rice for this recipe. You will find if you swap it out with say brown rice you will need to adjust the water ratio along with cook time.
Long grain rice works great and will soak up the liquid and cook in this time frame. So always know if you change the rice variety it will affect the recipe.
Toppings For Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Sour cream
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- And More
You can add all your favorite enchilada toppings onto your casserole! You might even love to squeeze on some fresh lime juice.
Searching For More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes
- Hawaiin Chicken | A sweet and savory chicken recipe that tastes better than any ordering takeout.
- Buffalo Chicken | If you enjoy a little spice in your recipe, enjoy this buffalo Instant Pot recipe.
- Chicken And Artichoke Dinner | One hearty and savory dinner that is loaded with artichokes, mushrooms and more.
Can I Use Pre-Cooked Chicken
Yes, you absolutely can. If you have some chicken that is already cooked feel free to toss in and still cook accordingly. You need the longer cook time to ensure your rice gets tender and fully cooked.
Useful Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How Long Does It Take To Cook This Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
This chicken recipe has a 10 minute cook time, with a quick release. Now, you have to remember when you cook with the Instant Pot you have to allow time for your pot to pressurize.
This can take around 8-12 minutes to pressurize so always take that into account. If the food is frozen it can go up to 20 minutes to come to pressure.
Why Make This Enchilada Casserole In Instant Pot
- Quick and Easy
- Hands-off approach
- Less energy than stove-top
- One-pot dish
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 14 ounce can of corn (not drained)
- 14 ounce can chili beans (not drained)
- 10 ounce can mild Rotel
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Add all ingredients (except cheese) to the Instant Pot inner pot, adding the rice last and making sure it is submerged, without stirring it.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and close. Set the pressure valve to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release.
- Remove the chicken and shred it. Add the chicken back into the pot and stir in the shredded cheese.
Black beans or kidney beans can also be used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 1166mg Carbohydrates: 29g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 23g