Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Packed full of flavors and super easy to make- that’s what this delicious instant pot chicken chow mein is all about! Go give it a try.
On the hunt for a quick and easy dinner you can fix for the entire family on a weeknight? Here’s one that everyone will love! This instant pot chicken chow mein recipe takes just around 10 minutes of prep time and you’ll love every bite of it!
Ready to go ahead and give it a try? Here’s what you need to know before you do!
How Can I Make my Chicken Chow Mein Healthier?
This recipe is already super healthy. It packs in the protein from the chicken and loads of veggies for the much needed vitamin and fiber. You can also experiment with other veggies if you’re feeling like it- mushrooms, corn kernels, brussels sprouts are some good choices.
Can I Skip the Chicken?
Whether you’re a vegetarian wondering if it is possible to make this recipe without the chicken or have just run out of chicken, fret not! This chow mein tastes incredible even if you skip the chicken, or any other meat for that matter.
To make it protein rich, you can swap the chicken for some tofu or soya chunks instead.
But, if you’re looking for more chicken recipes, you might want to take a look at this list of over 45 Instant Pot Chicken Recipes.
My Noodles Always Get Soggy. What Should I Do?
The key to keeping the noodles from sticking to one another, when it comes to this recipe or literally any other pasta recipe you’re trying out is to keep a few things in mind.
First, always keep stirring your pasta while it is being boiled. It also helps when you add a few drops of olive oil or any other oil into the water while boiling it. Also make sure the water is boiling before you add the noodles into it.
Lastly, remember to wash the noodles once with cold water after you’re done straining the hot water out- this will help prevent overcooking and the noodles won’t stick to each other as well.
SUPPLIES Needed for Chicken Chow Mein
Can I Use Spaghetti Noodles in my Chicken Chow Mein ?
If you don’t have time to go to the store and pick up the Hokkien noodles the recipe calls for, you can still make do with the spaghetti noodles you have at home. While the end taste and texture might turn out to be a tad bit different, it’ll still be delicious as you want it to be.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
If you’re whipping up this chow mein for guests, here are a few awesome side ideas you can team it up with. Don’t forget to serve these with a variety of sauces and dips as well!
- Spicy cucumber salad
- Tofu with peanut sauce
- Corn soup
- Steamed or fried momos
- Stir fried bok choy
- Broccoli stir fry with garlic sauce
- Crispy tofu
- Homemade fortune cookies
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teapoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Chicken Chow Mein
- In a medium bowl, whisk sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Add the noodles, cabbage, carrots, and bell pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and noodles. Stir to mix.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Set for a high pressure cook time of 4 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release.
- When the pressure has all been let out, open up the Instant Pot. Add in the broccoli. Mix well with tongs.
- Close the Instant Pot again and seal, allowing the broccoli to steam (without setting any cook time) for 3 minutes. Do not turn the pot on. The broccoli will cook from the heat and steam already in the pot.
- When the 3 minutes have finished, open the Instant Pot. Give your chow mein another mix with the tongs.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds and green onions.
For a vegetarian option, use a vegetable broth or water and omit the chicken.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 595mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g