Sharing is caring!
Hands down the best Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe you will ever make! You can even cook frozen chicken breast in Instant Pot for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Pressure cooker chicken breasts are one of my favorites. Whether you pair with a side of wild rice, slice and top a crisp green salad or any other way, this Instant Pot Chicken breast recipe is versatile and delicious.
Table of contents
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
- Our Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- How To Cook Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
- How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
- Do You Adjust Cook Time For Frozen Chicken
- Looking for More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes
- What To Serve With Instant Pot Chicken
- How To Store Leftover Chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
As a foodie, you know I love spending time in the kitchen. But, on the rare occasion, I am overcooking, having a chicken breast recipe like this comes in handy!
A hands off approach that I can dump in, and cook! Pair with easy sides and ring that dinner bell.
Our Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- Kitchen Scale- A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer- Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many 'inexpensive' thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How To Cook Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
- Start by seasoning your chicken breasts.
- Pour water into Instant Pot and place the trivet in.
- Lay chicken on the trivet and cook for 6 minutes.
- Release and serve!
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
It took just 6 minutes to cook my chicken breast in the Instant Pot. Now, depending on the size of your chicken you might have to adjust the cooking time.
Always use a meat thermometer to ensure that your chicken reaches the proper internal temperature.
Do You Adjust Cook Time For Frozen Chicken
No, you will keep the cooking time the same. It will take your Instant Pot a bit longer to come to pressure. The reason being is it will thaw the chicken before it begins to actually cook.
I think you will really enjoy the flavor of this pressure cooker chicken breast recipe.
Looking for More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip | Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is creamy, rich, and loaded with a nice kick of heat. Serve this up with crackers, crisp veggies and more.
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Leek Soup | If you want a recipe to warm your bones, give this creamy chicken leek soup a try. The ultimate comfort soup.
- Instant Pot Jerk Chicken | Jerk chicken is a family favorite, and this recipe is loaded with rich flavors. Skip takeout and make this recipe at home yourself.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Chicken
- Crisp salad or chopped salad (we love this cucumber onion salad)
- Vegetable salad
- Pasta Salad
- Mashed Potatoes or Cheesy Potatoes
- Spaghetti Squash
- Baked Beans
The sides you can pair with this chicken are endless. So get creative and serve up your favorite sides.
How To Store Leftover Chicken
You can store your leftover chicken in an airtight container for up to three days. Then after that, you will want to toss out leftovers as it can begin to grow bacteria at a rapid pace.
If you want you can freeze your leftover chicken for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to eat, or quick thaw in microwave on defrost.
Supplies used to make the Best Chicken Breast in an Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot DUO
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Trivet Rack
- or Steamer Basket
- Tempered Glass Lid
- Kitchen Tongs with Silicone Tip
- Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
Ingredients used for an Easy Chicken Breast Recipe
- Add 1 cup water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place trivet or steamer basket in the Instant Pot.
- Season chicken. Coat on all sides.
- Add chicken to the trivet or steamer basket.
- Close the lid, and turn the pressure valve to sealing.
- Set for a high-pressure time of 6-minutes. Allow for a complete natural pressure release, which should take about 7 minutes.
If using larger chicken breasts, add a couple of extra minutes to the cooking time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons Set - Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set for Cooking & Baking, Set of 15.
Instant Pot Stainless Steel Official Wire Roasting Rack, Compatible with 6-quart and 8-quart cookers
Stainless Steel Expandable Steamer Basket - Collapsible Steam Cooking Insert For Steaming Food, Vegetable - Compatible With Instant Pot 3 6 8 Qt, Pressure Cooker, 5-9 Inch Adjustable Fits Any Size Pan
Instant Pot Tempered Glass Lid, 10" Stainless Steel (8 Qt/ 8L model)
Kaluns Kitchen Tongs for Cooking, Non Stick Silicone Tip Stainless Steel Tongs, Set of Four 7,9, and 12 Inch Tong Plus Silicone Spatula Non-stick, Heat Resistant Serving Utensils
Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set (Pack of 2 Mills) - Complimentary Mill Rest | Bright Light | Adjustable Coarseness |
Amount Per Serving Calories 203Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 102mgSodium 622mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 37g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!