Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Hands down the best Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe you will ever make! You can even cook frozen chicken breast in Instant Pot for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Pressure cooker chicken breasts are one of my favorites. Whether you pair with a side of wild rice, slice and top a crisp green salad or any other way, this Instant Pot Chicken breast recipe is versatile and delicious.
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
As a foodie, you know I love spending time in the kitchen. But, on the rare occasion, I am overcooking, having a chicken breast recipe like this comes in handy!
A hands off approach that I can dump in, and cook! Pair with easy sides and ring that dinner bell.
Our Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- Kitchen Scale– A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer– Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many ‘inexpensive’ thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How To Cook Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
- Start by seasoning your chicken breasts.
- Pour water into Instant Pot and place the trivet in.
- Lay chicken on the trivet and cook for 6 minutes.
- Release and serve!
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
It took just 6 minutes to cook my chicken breast in the Instant Pot. Now, depending on the size of your chicken you might have to adjust the cooking time.
Always use a meat thermometer to ensure that your chicken reaches the proper internal temperature.
Do You Adjust Cook Time For Frozen Chicken
No, you will keep the cooking time the same. It will take your Instant Pot a bit longer to come to pressure. The reason being is it will thaw the chicken before it begins to actually cook.
I think you will really enjoy the flavor of this pressure cooker chicken breast recipe.
Looking for More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip | Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is creamy, rich, and loaded with a nice kick of heat. Serve this up with crackers, crisp veggies and more.
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Leek Soup | If you want a recipe to warm your bones, give this creamy chicken leek soup a try. The ultimate comfort soup.
- Instant Pot Jerk Chicken | Jerk chicken is a family favorite, and this recipe is loaded with rich flavors. Skip takeout and make this recipe at home yourself.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Chicken
- Crisp salad or chopped salad
- Vegetable salad
- Pasta Salad
- Mashed Potatoes or Cheesy Potatoes
- Spaghetti Squash
- Baked Beans
The sides you can pair with this chicken are endless. So get creative and serve up your favorite sides.
How To Store Leftover Chicken
You can store your leftover chicken in an airtight container for up to three days. Then after that, you will want to toss out leftovers as it can begin to grow bacteria at a rapid pace.
If you want you can freeze your leftover chicken for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to eat, or quick thaw in microwave on defrost.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you’re at it, share a picture on Instagram with #apressurecookerrecipe so we can see how your recipe turned out!
- 4 chicken breast halves (6-ounces each)
- 1 1/2 cup water (this is the amount for an 8 quart Instant Pot, for a 6 quart, use 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Add 1 cup water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place trivet or steamer basket in the Instant Pot.
- Season chicken. Coat on all sides.
- Add chicken to the trivet or steamer basket.
- Close the lid, and turn the pressure valve to sealing.
- Set for a high-pressure time of 6-minutes. Allow for a complete natural pressure release, which should take about 7 minutes.
If using larger chicken breasts, add a couple of extra minutes to the cooking time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 622mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 37g