Whether you’re hunting for an easy recipe for dinner or are just craving for some comfort food, this easy Instant Pot chicken and rice recipe has you covered.
Table of contents
Packed with the goodness of chicken and the perfectly cooked grains of rice mixed with some crunchy veggies- that’s what this easy instant pot recipe is all about.
It’s super simple, takes just a few minutes to prep, and is the perfect dinner option for the entire family especially when you’re in a time crunch, but still don’t want to opt for a takeout.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Drooling already? Here’s what you need to get started, and some quick tips and suggestions to help you out!
Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Can I Cook Rice & Meat at the Same Time?
One of the most common questions most people tend to have while using their instant pot is if they can cook their meat and rice in the same pot, at the same time, and make sure they’re cooked to perfection.
Well, yes, you can. It is definitely possible to save up on a little bit of extra time and do just that.
All you need to do is first add your meat to the bottom layer of the pot, then place a steamer rack over it, and then place a bowl of soaked rice on it in a heatproof bowl before you put on the lid.
It should take around 10 minutes to cook your rice (depending on the quantity), and then you can remove the bowl and allow the meat underneath to cook completely (if it hasn’t already).
This is of course, for those recipes that call for the meat and the rice to be cooked separately. Not this one though.
Will My Rice Burn in the Instant Pot?
A lot of first timers may find it tricky to get their rice to cook perfectly in their instant pot.
Some might even end up burning their rice, and if that’s the case with you, you might be surprised to know that it is just one teeny tiny mistake that could be causing it.
You might not be adding enough liquid into it, which might not be creating enough steam for it to come up to pressure. This, in turn, causes the bottom of your instant pot to get too hot, causing your rice to burn.
Just remember to add in a little more liquid into the pot than you usually do, especially when you’re cooking foods that have high starch content- like rice or beans, and you should be sorted.
Serving Suggestions & Ideas
So now that you’re all set to give this easy instant pot chicken and rice recipe a try, you might be wondering about some good side dishes to go along with it.
A light salad packed with veggies like lettuce, cucumber, olives, pomegranate seeds and apple could be a great side to such a dish.
You could also have a side of grilled veggies or a light soup to go along with it.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl Is a Lunch Go-To
- Cayenne & Rosemary Chicken - Instant Pot Chicken Legs Recipe
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Spicy Chicken Mac N Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole - Add This Recipe to Your Meal Rotation
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Fried Chicken
More of Our Latest Instant Pot Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide: How to Brine a Turkey
- Popcorn Perfection: Mastering the Art of Bag Popcorn in an Air Fryer
- Best Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole with No Sour Cream
- Banana Bread in the Crock Pot
- How to Cut a Bell Pepper: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How Many Cups Are in a Half Gallon?
- Delicious Dinner Ideas with Mashed Potatoes
- Delicious and Easy Sunday Dinner Ideas
- Meal Prep with Ground Turkey: A Quick and Easy Guide
- Meal Prep with Pasta: Tips for Successful Meal Prepping