Sharing is caring!
Whether you’re hunting for an easy recipe for dinner or are just craving for some comfort food, this easy Instant Pot chicken and rice recipe has you covered.
Table of contents
Packed with the goodness of chicken and the perfectly cooked grains of rice mixed with some crunchy veggies- that’s what this easy instant pot recipe is all about.
It’s super simple, takes just a few minutes to prep, and is the perfect dinner option for the entire family especially when you’re in a time crunch, but still don’t want to opt for a takeout.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Drooling already? Here’s what you need to get started, and some quick tips and suggestions to help you out!
Favorite Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Can I Cook Rice & Meat at the Same Time?
One of the most common questions most people tend to have while using their instant pot is if they can cook their meat and rice in the same pot, at the same time, and make sure they’re cooked to perfection.
Well, yes, you can. It is definitely possible to save up on a little bit of extra time and do just that.
All you need to do is first add your meat to the bottom layer of the pot, then place a steamer rack over it, and then place a bowl of soaked rice on it in a heatproof bowl before you put on the lid.
It should take around 10 minutes to cook your rice (depending on the quantity), and then you can remove the bowl and allow the meat underneath to cook completely (if it hasn’t already).
This is of course, for those recipes that call for the meat and the rice to be cooked separately. Not this one though.
Will My Rice Burn in the Instant Pot?
A lot of first timers may find it tricky to get their rice to cook perfectly in their instant pot.
Some might even end up burning their rice, and if that’s the case with you, you might be surprised to know that it is just one teeny tiny mistake that could be causing it.
You might not be adding enough liquid into it, which might not be creating enough steam for it to come up to pressure. This, in turn, causes the bottom of your instant pot to get too hot, causing your rice to burn.
Just remember to add in a little more liquid into the pot than you usually do, especially when you’re cooking foods that have high starch content- like rice or beans, and you should be sorted.
Serving Suggestions & Ideas
So now that you’re all set to give this easy instant pot chicken and rice recipe a try, you might be wondering about some good side dishes to go along with it.
A light salad packed with veggies like lettuce, cucumber, olives, pomegranate seeds and apple could be a great side to such a dish.
You could also have a side of grilled veggies or a light soup to go along with it.
More Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Fried Chicken
- Delicious and Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes for Dinner
- How Big is 4 Ounces of Chicken: A Helpful Guide
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl Is a Lunch Go-To
- Cayenne & Rosemary Chicken - Instant Pot Chicken Legs Recipe
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Spicy Chicken Mac N Cheese
Supplies used to make the best Instant Pot Chicken Vegetables and Rice recipe
- Instant Pot DUO
- Inner Cooking Pot
- Silicone Lid
- Spoon Ladles
- Serving casserole
- Serving bowls
- Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
Ingredients used in a delicious Chicken Vegetables and Rice dish
- In this order – add chicken stock, lemon juice, Herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, onion, bell pepper, basmati rice and chicken breasts to the Instant Pot.
- Cover your Instant Pot, seal, select pressure cook / manual setting, high pressure and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- When done, quickly release the pressure, open the pot and add the sweetcorn on top, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with topping of your choice.
- Can my dog eat Chicken Vegetables and Rice? Of course, this recipe is quite harmless for your dog, you just have to remove the garlic and lemon first to avoid giving him a bad time. The diet of dogs is based mainly on meat, but they can consume 10% of their diet in fruits, and vegetables. Keep in mind that garlic and onion in large quantities or served daily can poison your pet. Also, the acidity of the lemon can affect his stomach.
- Can my cat eat Chicken Vegetables and Rice? Yes, your cat can eat chicken, most vegetables and rice without any problem. Just remember that garlic in large quantities or served daily can have a toxic effect on your cat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart
Instant Pot IP-Stainless Steel Inner Pot 8Qt Genuine Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot - 8 Quart
Instant Pot Silicone Lid, 8 quart, White
Soup Ladle Colander, Fat Separator, 304 Stainless Steel Gravy Separator Skimmer Spoon, Household Wall Hanging Soup Skimmer Ladle Strainer, Hanging Gravy Ladles(2 Pack)
Double Handle Lid Pure White Ceramic 2 Quart Large CapacityTureen Soup BAKOUSTAR Ceramic Round White Dish Casserole/Clay Pot/Earthen Pot/Ceramic Cookware With White Lid Heat-Resistant For Gift Box (9In)
Sweese 108.001 Porcelain Bowls with Handles - 20 Ounce for Soup, Cereal, Stew, Chill, Set of 6, White
Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set (Pack of 2 Mills) - Complimentary Mill Rest | Bright Light | Adjustable Coarseness |
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 80mgSodium 367mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 35g
More of Our Latest Instant Pot Recipes
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
- Easy Guide on How to Cook a Frozen Ham in a Crockpot: Delicious Results Every Time
- Can You Put Frozen Pork Loin in Crock Pot? - Safe & Delicious Slow Cooking Tips
- How To Triple A Recipe (Or Double It) In A Snap
- Instant Pot Fried Chicken
- The Essential Guide to Effective Bread Proofing Techniques
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!