Love chicken and artichokes? You will absolutely fall in love with this easy Instant Pot Chicken and Artichoke dinner recipe. And it has mushrooms too–which are completely optional–but totally delish!
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes Made Easy
Making chicken breast in instant pot recipes is such a great way to cook flavorful, tender and perfectly cooked chicken–every time.
We’ve cooked up our fair share of chicken recipes in the instant pot and can attest that there is nothing like having a home cooked meal that is simple to prepare.
If you’re looking for an easy instant pot chicken breast recipe, this is it. This recipe is full of flavor and nutritious ingredients that will satisfy your palette.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Avoiding the fast food game is so easy to do when you are able to cook meals quickly in an instant pot.
We loved Instant Pot Southwest Chicken Soup, Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Chicken Dinner Recipe , Instant Pot Southwest Chicken Soup, and even our Instant Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken Easy Sandwich Recipes.
How to Make Chicken with Artichokes in the Instant Pot
Chicken with Artichokes is an easy recipe to make. One of the first steps is to prepare the artichoke.
How to Cook an Artichoke
If you’re not familiar with how to cook artichokes, it’s easier than you might think. Especially when using a pressure cooker.
Artichokes look intimidating, and beautiful. To cook these gorgeous green orbs, cut the stem off above the lower leaves.
Next, trim about 1/4 inch off of each petal. Use kitchen scissors and clip off the top of each petal. After that, cut the artichoke in half.
Prepare to Cook Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot
For this recipe, a simple seasoning of salt and pepper is used. I love this set of sea salts and pepper because it allows me to change things up just a little bit from time to time. This Mediterranean spiced sea salt is also a fun way to mix things up.
Add oil to the Instant Pot and allow the pan to get hot on saute mode. Once it is hot, add the chicken and sear on each side. After than, remove the chicken and set it aside.
Toss the mushrooms, artichoke, and the onion and garlic powders to the pot and continue to saute for 3-4 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds to a minute.
Remove artichoke and mushrooms from the pan and deglaze the inner pot with water. Add in an Instant Pot steamer basket over the water.
Layer the chicken with the artichoke and mushrooms on top of it in the steamer basket. Set the Instant Pot to cook and dinner is almost ready!
Favorite Recipes with Chicken and Artichoke
Chicken and artichoke just go together. We LOVE the combination! In fact, we love just about any recipe with artichoke…like our Spicy Artichoke Dip Appetizer Recipe. Yum!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 ounce fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 artichoke sliced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup water
- Steamer rack
- Set pot to sauté mode to heat oil.
- While waiting for pot to get hot, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken on both sides without fully cooking it. Remove, set aside.
- Still in sauté mode, add artichoke, mushrooms, and onion and garlic powder. Stir.
- Add water and deglaze. Remove mushrooms and artichokes from pot, leaving the liquid in the pot because Instant Pot will not come to pressure if there is not enough water.
- Place steamer rack inside pot and chicken on the rack.
- Spread artichokes evenly over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release. Remove chicken. Save broth for other recipes.
- Optional: Mix 2 tsp corn-starch with ¾ tablespoon water. Add corn-starch mixture to broth. Set pot to sauté mode; bring liquid to a boil, stirring regularly until reduced and thickened. Use this as gravy over chicken.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 1188mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 42g