Thanks to this easy and delicious Instant Pot Cherry Swirl Cheesecake recipe, you can indulge in the delectable flavors of rich, creamy cheesecake and sweet tart cherries anytime the mood strikes.
Salt and pepper. Peanut butter and jelly. Bacon and eggs. These are just a few of the most popular food pairings around. And here's one more for the list: cheesecake and cherries. Truly a classic and beloved dessert combination!
Why is it Called Cheesecake?
It is thought that the ancient Greeks made the first “cheese cakes” by combining wheat, yeast, honey and cheese into a round cake shape and baking it. This simple recipe was then adapted in 18th century Europe when people began using beaten eggs instead of yeast to make breads and cakes. Removing the yeast made the cheesecake taste more like a sweet dessert. European immigrants then brought their cheesecake recipes to America, where the recipe was adapted to include cream cheese, now considered to be a staple ingredient for making cheesecake in the United States.
Why You'll Love Instant Pot Cheesecake.
Ever since it made its market debut, cooks have been raving about making cheesecake in the Instant Pot. And it remains at the top of the list of popular Instant Pot recipes, because of the steamy pressure-cooking environment that creates such an amazingly smooth and creamy cheesecake.
Plus, it is so much faster! Traditional cheesecake recipes require over an hour of baking time, while Instant Pot cheesecake cooks in just 35 minutes (plus another 12 minutes of natural release time).
More Delicious Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
Love making this Instant Pot Cherry Swirl Cheesecake recipe and ready for more? Then check out these cheesecake recipes:
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a perfect sweet treat for peanut butter fans.
For those on Keto or following a grain-free eating plan, this Instant Pot Grain-free Keto Cheesecake recipe is a tasty dessert that won't derail your diet.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
How To Make Instant Pot Cherry Swirl Cheesecake
Instant Pot Cherry Cheesecake has a delicious crust. Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter and pat down on the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and then mix in the eggs one at a time.
Then, add in the almond extract and sour cream and mix until smooth. Pour into springform pan on top of the graham cracker crust.
Add cherry pie filling and swirl it into the cheesecake. Run a fork back and forth through the cheesecake several times to remove air bubbles. Cover with foil.
Pour two cups of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Use a sling to lower the pan into the pressure cooker.
Like this recipe? Check out all off our Cheesecake Recipes. We're adding more extraordinary flavors all the time! A couple of our favorites, besides this one, are Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake. Then, there's our Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Peppermint Cheesecake. And our Creme Brulee Cheesecake…WOW!
Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn to the sealing position. Set for a manual high-pressure time of 35 minutes. When finished, allow for a natural release for 12 minutes before letting out the rest of the steam.
Cool on the counter for an hour and then put in the refrigerator and cool for an additional 4 hours.
Top with additional cherry pie filling or other dessert toppings (like whipped cream), serve and enjoy!
Supplies Needed to Make Cheesecake in a Pressure Cooker
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan– I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling– This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips– I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag– Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds– Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don't have to measure and cut a circle out.
Have you tried this recipe? Don't forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter, then pat down in the bottom of a 7-inch spring form pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and then mix in the eggs one at a time. Add in the almond extract and sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour into spring form pan on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Add cherry pie filling and swirl it into the cheesecake.
- Run a fork back and forth through the cheesecake several times to remove air bubbles.
- Cover with foil. Pour two cups of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Make a sling out of aluminum foil to lower the pan into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn to sealing position.
- Set for a manual high pressure time of 35 minutes. When time has finished, allow for a natural release for 12 minutes before letting out the rest of the steam.
- Cool on the counter for an hour and then put in the refrigerator and cool for an additional 4 hours.
- If desired, add toppings before serving.
Additional time includes time to come to pressure and pressure release.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 24gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 2g