Leave the burger at the restaurant and make your very own delicious soup recipe at home instead. This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup is crazy fast, crazy good, and will have everyone in love with how similar of a taste it really does have to a cheeseburger.
Table of contents
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Ingredients needed for this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- How To Make Cheeseburger Soup Using Your Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Soup Supplies
- Can you freeze cheeseburger soup for later?
- What other meat would taste great in this cheeseburger soup recipe?
- More Soups in the Instant Pot
- Supplies We Used with This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
I can assure you that you're going to love the taste and the flavor of this delicious cheeseburger soup in the Instant Pot. Every time I make it, it's insane at how much it really does taste just like a cheeseburger!
Pair this hearty soup up with a nice dinner roll or even a side salad and you've got yourself quite the delicious meal.
We have tons of soup recipes on A Pressure Cooker if you're looking for even more soup recipes.
Ingredients needed for this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
All you need are the list of simple ingredients below to get started. Once you add them in, the Instant Pot takes over and does all the work.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ of a medium white onion, diced
- 1 pound of ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 pound of red potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups of beef broth
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
How To Make Cheeseburger Soup Using Your Instant Pot
Add your olive oil to your Instant Pot and select the Saute function. Use the adjust button and select the medium (normal) setting.
Once the Instant Pot has gotten hot, you're going to want to add in the chopped onion and sirloin. After that, put the salt and pepper to taste and the Italian seasoning as well.
Stir and cook until the onions start to show a bit of color and the sirloin is pretty much browned. This will take about 7 minutes or so.
After that time has passed, push the "keep warm/cancel" button and then put in the potatoes and beef broth. Put on the lid the lock into place.
Make certain that you switch the vent to "sealing" and select "high" on the "manual" setting. Put the cooking time to 3 minutes.
Once the three minutes have passed, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. After that do a quick release to let out steam before taking off the lid.
You'll want to be certain that the cream doesn't curdle so you'll want to add in about 2-3 tablespoons of the hot liquid from your Instant Pot into it before you add it to the mixture. Stir.
Slowly add in the cheese, one cup at a time is best, and stir until melted. Serve with freshly chopped parsley and some smoked paprika.
Variations to this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
You can easily change up this recipe so that it tastes a bit different each time. Some ideas are:
- Use a different type of potato other than a red potato
- Change up the type of cheeses that you use
- Add a different type of meat and how it tastes
- Chop up some dill pickles and have them as a fun topping
- Leave out the potatoes altogether
Instant Pot Soup Supplies
- Meat Tenderizer- Can't find pre-tenderized meat at the store? It is easy to tenderize meat at home if you have the right tool.
- Steamer Basket- This is an essential tool and is used with an Instant Pot for a lot of recipes.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot- I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Can you freeze cheeseburger soup for later?
You bet. You can always freeze any leftovers of this soup so that you can easily enjoy it later.
What other meat would taste great in this cheeseburger soup recipe?
Ground beef, ground turkey, and even ground chicken would be all great options that ultimately have less fat, too.
More Soups in the Instant Pot
- Chicken Florentine Soup | Enjoy this delicious and flavorful soup that is includes a savory broth and is perfectly seasoned.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup | One of our all time favorites, this soup is a regular on family dinner nights.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup | So delicious! We love to top this chicken soup with tortilla chips, sour cream, avocado, and sometimes even Pico de Gallo.
- Chicken Noodle Soup | The ultimate comfort food, homemade chicken noodle soup is an amazing homestyle soup recipe that is perfect for cold winter days. It's also delicious when you have a cold or flu.
Supplies We Used with This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Silicone ladle and cooking utensil set | This kitchen utensil set is amazing. The utensils are made of hardy material that lasts, which is rare when it comes to kitchen utensils.
- Lunch soup thermos | Bringing soup to work or school for lunch? Or, even if you want to take a cup of soup to the park for a cool weather picnic, this soup thermos does the trick and keeps your soup (or other food or drink) hot and ready to eat.
- Large soup spoons (stainless steel) | Soup spoons offer a bigger bowl so the broth doesn't spill over the edges. These soup spoons are a well made attractive set to add to your silverware drawer.
- Soup bowls | We have a wide range of soup bowls, because it is always fun to add some colorful dishes or seasonal bowls to change things up.
- Soup containers with lids | Making extra for later, either to freeze or refrigerate? There are so many containers to choose from. There are some great options of reusable and to-go containers here that are perfect for sharing food with neighbors or a sick friend.