Need an easy side dish recipe? You'll love this Instant Pot Carrots recipe. It goes AMAZINGLY well with our Instant Pot turkey breast recipe. YUM!
You can use whole carrots or baby carrots- either will work. Electric pressure cooker side dishes are great for weeknight dinners. This recipe is so quick and uses simple ingredients. Find all the recipe ingredients and directions on the printable recipe card below.
How Much Time For Softer Carrots?
Place carrots in the inner pot of the Instant Pot (Stainless Steel or Ceramic). Add 1 cup of water. Close lid and pressure cook on High Pressure for 3 minutes, followed by Quick Release (QR). Pressure cooker quick release is used most frequently for Instant Pot recipes.
Natural pressure release is used a lot when cooking meat in the pressure cooker. The time you'll need to cook the carrots will vary depending on your desired level of tenderness. If you like them very soft then let them cook for more time. You can also use frozen carrots for this recipe.
What To Do With Leftover Carrots?
Leftover pressure cooker carrots can be used for a variety of recipes. You can add cooked carrots to a casserole, chicken pot pie, or a soup recipe (our chicken noodle soup is amazing). Or, refrigerate for up to 2-3 days and reheat carrots as a side dish for other family dinners.
Can I Make Carrots In The Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can make cooked carrots in a slow cooker. Figuring out how long does it take to soften carrots in the slow cooker is easy. 3 hours is all it takes!
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots or whole baby carrots (not canned)
- brown sugar
Ways To Season Carrots For A Side Dish?
- Fresh Herbs
- Maple Syrup
- Honey Glaze
- Melted Butter
What To Serve With Carrots
Include other Instant Pot recipes to complement our perfect side dish for a Sunday supper. Maybe you're making the main dish of Instant Pot chicken with carrots. Here are some other ideas of what to serve with your dinner.
- Instant Pot Potatoes - there are many IP potato recipes you'll want to try. Garlic mashed potatoes and regular mashed potatoes are two of the best.
- Red potatoes- another great recipe is our easy peasy red potatoes recipe. This goes really well with seafood.
- Instant Pot corn- corn on the cob or corn kernels, either way, this is a healthy vegetable recipe.
- Instant Pot broccoli- steam broccoli in the pressure cooker and drizzle with melted butter. You can't go wrong eating vegetables with your family dinner!
How To Store Leftover Carrots?
If you're not planning to use the pressure cooker carrots here's a tip about how to store cooked carrots for up to 2-3 days. Place them in an airtight container and place them inside the refrigerator. You can also freeze cooked carrots for several months if you'd like. Be sure to use freezer bags or freezer-safe containers.