Sharing is caring!
Making applesauce cake in your Instant pot will have you serving dessert every day! This delicious mixture of applesauce with seasonings blended into your Instant Pot will give you a burst of apple taste with every bite.
When you're planning the meals for your upcoming week, you may be wondering what to serve for dessert.
While dessert tends to be one of those occasional treats, I believe you'll love this delicious way to serve applesauce so much that you'll want to include it as a dessert a few times a week.
Table of contents
- granulated sugar
- baking soda
- ground cloves
The cake setting on your smart Instant Pot settings will help get your Instant Pot to the right temperature and pressure to cook a cake.
The cake setting on your Instant Pot will run for about 40 minutes on the normal setting which is generally good for everyday cakes.
For my Instant Pot applesauce cake, I use a bundt pan placed in the inner pot on a trivet.
What pans can you use in instant pot?
You may use ceramic or porcelain oven-safe containers in your Instant Pot too, for this recipe I use a bundt cake pan.
Applesauce is a fabulous fat replacement for many baked goods. In this Instant Pot recipe, I'm using applesauce as the main ingredient to make a moist applesauce cake.
In other recipes, you can use applesauce as a one to one replacement for oil or melted butter.
Moist Cake Secrets
Yes! Applesauce does work to add a valuable amount of moisture to a cake so that you can have a fluffy bite every time. This applesauce recipe is smooth and fluffy enough to make you feel like you're biting into a cloud with every bite.
The flavor of applesauce combined with sugar and cinnamon gives you a sweet treat to enjoy for dessert, snack or special treat any time of the day.
What is the secret to moist cake?
The secret to a moist cake is to fully cream the butter and sugar together before adding into the applesauce and dry ingredients to mix well.
The key to any moist cake is to take your time when blending the wet and dry ingredients together so that they're fully mixed and provide the right texture for your moist cake.
I'll be honest, the Instant Pot also adds a layer of protection to ensure a moist Instant Pot apple cake with every cook because of its reliable temperature and pressure combination to fully cook your applesauce cake to perfection every time.
How To Make
You'll find a list of ingredients below and an easy to print recipe card that will show you how to make applesauce cake in your Instant Pot.
Gather the sugar, applesauce, cinnamon, baking soda, ground cloves, butter, and flour. Cream together the butter and sugar then add your applesauce until well mixed.
Place your dry ingredients and spices into the mixture and blend until fully mixed. Then you’ll add one cup of water to the inner pot of your Instant Pot, lower the bundt pan into your inner pot on the trivet, and set your Instant Pot to cook your applesauce cake.
More Apple Recipes
There are so many Instant Pot apples recipes. We love making apple chutney and serve it with air fryer pork chops. Cooking with apples in Instant Pot does double duty. It's both delicious and emits an incredible aroma.
Our apple cobbler is AMAZING. And so are many other applesauce baking recipes. Pressure cooker desserts are gold for many reasons, including that you can bake year-round without having to use your oven and heat up the house.
- Instant Pot bundt pan - You'll be ready to make all the Instant Pot applesauce desserts recipes (like our 7 up cake recipe) once you have this pan. You could also use this pan to make pressure cooker meatloaf.
- or Instant Pot cake pan - From Instant Pot baked apples to a spice cake recipe from scratch, this cake pan is good for it all. It's also great for pot-in-pot baked ziti.
- Silicone sling - We use a silicone sling to lift pans in and out of the Instant Pot, but you can also place eggs on the sling for Instant Pot hard boiled eggs. Next stop, the best Deviled eggs!
- Instant Pot - You'll want to pick the pressure cooker that has all the cooking functions you will need. If you want to make Instant Pot Greek Yogurt or Almond Milk Yogurt, you'll want an Instant Pot with a yogurt setting. Want to make Sous Vide Chicken Breast or Steak, make sure your pressure cooker has a sous vide function.
Applesauce is simply good for you. It also includes many antioxidants that may help to reduce your risk of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. If you make up your own applesauce with the skin on, make sure to use organic apples and reap the rewards.
You can! Puree the apple filling before adding it to the Instant Pot cake recipe. This Instant Pot apple pie filling recipe is a great one to use, if you'd like to make it from scratch. This is one of the best Instant Pot apple recipes and can be the base for other recipes like our easy apple cobbler.
There are so many recipes with applesauce, and Instant Pot baking with applesauce is something commonly done. Some more recipes using applesauce include applesauce pancakes,
No, it is an easy applesauce cake from scratch. Basically, you'll make a spice cake recipe from scratch and add in applesauce. Now, you could also make applesauce in Instant Pot and use that in your recipe.
No, it is not. Amish applesauce cake typically includes walnuts. You could add nuts to this old fashioned applesauce cinnamon coffee cake if you'd like to. Either way, our homemade spice cake is full of flavor and amazing!
Equipment and Tools Used to Make Applesauce Cake Recipe
Easy Spice Cake Recipe with Apples
How to Make Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples Cake
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in applesauce until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients, including spices, and mix well.
- Spray a small (no larger than 7- inch) Instant Pot bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add applesauce cake batter to the pan. Cover with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot of the instant pot. Lower bundt pan into the inner pot on top of a trivet.
- Close the instant pot lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Allow for a natural pressure release for 12 minutes and then let out the remaining pressure.
- Remove from Instant Pot and take the foil off of the Instant Pot bundt cake. Invert onto a plate and let the cake cool for 10-20 minutes before serving.
Can I switch applesauce for oil?
While applesauce is often used as a substitute for oil in baking recipes, it's not typically switched out the other way around. This would defeat the purpose of the apple flavor with this recipe.
How much applesauce for one egg?
Another common substitution is using applesauce in the palace of eggs. 1/4 cup applesauce can be used as a substitute for 1 egg in a recipe.
Make sure to check out our Instant Pot video for making Applesauce Bundt Cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Official Fluted Cake Pan, 7-Inch, Gray
Instant Pot Official Round Cake Pan, 7-Inch, Gray
Silicone Trivet For Instant Pot | Fits 6,8 Qt Instapot, Ninja Foodi and Other Pressure Cookers | 3 in 1 - Bakeware Pan Sling Lifter, Egg Rack, and Roasting Rack
Instant Pot Ultra 60 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
Amount Per Serving Calories 445Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 41mgSodium 334mgCarbohydrates 73gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 39gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 5g
See More of Our Latest Posts
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!