Making applesauce cake in your Instant pot will have you serving dessert every day! This delicious mixture of applesauce with seasonings blended into your Instant Pot will give you a burst of apple taste with every bite.
When you’re planning the meals for your upcoming week, you may be wondering what to serve for dessert.
While dessert tends to be one of those occasional treats, I believe you’ll love this delicious way to serve applesauce so much that you’ll want to include it as a dessert a few times a week.
What is cake setting on instant pot?
The cake setting on your smart Instant Pot settings will help get your Instant Pot to the right temperature and pressure to cook a cake.
The cake setting on your Instant Pot will run for about 40 minutes on the normal setting which is generally good for everyday cakes.
For my Instant Pot applesauce cake, I use a bundt pan placed in the inner pot on a trivet.
I set the Instant Pot on manual high pressure and cook for 40 minutes. This will guarantee you a moist, flavorful applesauce cake using your Instant Pot.
What pans can you use in instant pot?
You can use man pans in your Instant Pot. The best pans to use in your Instant Pot include any oven-safe container that’s made of stainless steel, oven-safe glass, or silicone.
You may use ceramic or porcelain oven-safe containers in your Instant Pot too, for this recipe I use a bundt cake pan.
Other Helpful Dessert Recipe Supplies
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan– I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling– This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips– I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag– Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds– Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don’t have to measure and cut a circle out.
What can I use applesauce for?
Applesauce is a fabulous fat replacement for many baked goods. In this Instant Pot recipe, I’m using applesauce as the main ingredient to make a moist applesauce cake.
In other recipes, you can use applesauce as a one to one replacement for oil or melted butter.
Will applesauce make a cake moist?
Yes! Applesauce does work to add a valuable amount of moisture to a cake so that you can have a fluffy bite every time. This applesauce recipe is smooth and fluffy enough to make you feel like you’re biting into a cloud with every bite.
The flavor of applesauce combined with sugar and cinnamon gives you a sweet treat to enjoy for dessert, snack or special treat any time of the day.
What is the secret to moist cake?
The secret to a moist cake is to fully cream the butter and sugar together before adding into the applesauce and dry ingredients to mix well.
The key to any moist cake is to take your time when blending the wet and dry ingredients together so that they’re fully mixed and provide the right texture for your moist cake.
I’ll be honest, the Instant Pot also adds a layer of protection to ensure a moist cake with every cook because of its reliable temperature and pressure combination to fully cook your applesauce cake to perfection every time.
How do I make Applesauce Cake in my Instant Pot?
You’ll find a list of ingredients below and an easy to print recipe card that will show you how to make applesauce cake in your Instant Pot.
Gather the sugar, applesauce, cinnamon, baking soda, ground cloves, butter, and flour. Cream together the butter and sugar then add your applesauce until well mixed.
Place your dry ingredients and spices into the mixture and blend until fully mixed. Then you’ll add one cup of water to the inner pot of your Instant Pot, lower the bundt pan into your inner pot on the trivet and set your Instant Pot to cook your applesauce cake.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in applesauce until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients, including spices and mix well.
- Spray a small (no larger than 7 inch) bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add applesauce cake batter to the pan. Cover with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot of the instant pot. Lower bundt pan into the inner pot on to of a trivet.
- Close the instant pot lid and turn pressure valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Allow for a natural pressure release for 12 minutes and then let out remaining pressure.
- Remove from Instant Pot and take the foil off of the bundt pan. Invert onto a plate and let the cake cool for 10-20 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 334mg Carbohydrates: 73g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 39g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g