Instant Pot Buttered Red Potatoes is a 5 ingredient classic side dish recipe. Red potatoes, butter, garlic, and onion seasoned and ready to serve. Garlic butter potatoes might steal the show of your main dish.
I am always looking for new potato recipes to whip up. This red potato side dish was perfect, and we paired it next to some pork chops and a salad. I also like to serve it with Instant Pot Chicken and Green Beans sometimes.
Quick, simple ingredients, and the right amount of flavor. This Instant Pot red potatoes with butter and garlic was a hit with my family.
Table of contents
Ingredients For Red Garlic Potatoes
- Red Potatoes | You can use yellow or even white potatoes for this recipe. I just enjoy the skins on red with the flavoring of the onions and garlic.
- Butter | I recommend real butter not margarine for this recipe.
- Garlic | Fresh is best, but you can also reach for jarred garlic that is pre-minced.
- Onion | I used a white onion but yellow would work as well. I don't recommend using red.
- Vegetable Broth | If you don't have vegetable broth chicken would work as well.
How to Make Instant Pot Buttered Red Potatoes
- Start by prepping and slice your potatoes and toss them into the Instant Pot.
- Next, add in the garlic, onions, salt and pepper, and vegetable broth.
- Place the lid on and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Pressure cook for 8 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Lastly, plate up and serve your delicious red garlic potatoes.
Which is better white or red potatoes?
Red potatoes actually are fewer carbs than a traditional white potato like a Russet. They also lower calories and fiber than other varieties of potatoes.
Depending on how potatoes are cooked will vary in flavor, nutrient values, and more. I recommend picking a potato that you enjoy flavor wise.
Can you eat the skin on red potatoes?
The skin on the potatoes is a great source of fiber and nutrients. Red potato skins are thinner than other varieties so when you eat them they are not as chewy in texture.
So yes, you can eat with the skins on, or take the time to peel if you prefer.
Tips For Cooking Potatoes In Instant Pot
- Make sure to evenly cut your potaotes so all the potatoes will cook evenly.
- Feel free to add in or take away some ingredients to flavor your potatoes as you would like.
- If your potatoes are not fully cooked, place the lid back on the Instant Pot and cook another minute or two. Depending on the size you slice will depend on how quickly they will cook.
- Make sure the valve is set to sealing position, so the potatoes cook properly.
- Grate some parmesan and sprinkle on top for parmesan potatoes!
Storage Of Leftover Potatoes
If you happen to have leftover potatoes, place them in the proper container and store them for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Then toss in the microwave to reheat, or opt to heat potatoes up on the stove.