Instant Pot Butter Chicken Recipe is one of my favorites. You have a rich and creamy sauce smothered all over your Indian butter chicken.
Instant Pot Butter Chicken
I get asked all the time why to use an Instant Pot. Well, the simple answer is the flavor. This chicken really infuses with the sauce so you have an incredibly flavorful sauce.
What Cut Of Chicken To Use
This is a fantastic Instant Pot Chicken Thighs recipe. Or if you prefer a boneless chicken go ahead and dice it up for bite-size pieces of chicken.
Either works but feel free to reach for what you have. You can adapt to this recipe.
What Is Butter Chicken
Butter chicken is a chicken that is cooked in a mild tomato-based based sauce that is ultra-creamy. Generally butter chicken takes hours to cook. But with this pressure cooker butter chicken recipe, you can get that traditional flavor in a fraction of the time.
What To Serve With This Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
Here are some ideas of what you can pair with this butter chicken. I love Instant Pot Curry so these are also great sides for other inspired dishes with similar flavor components.
- Jasmine or Basmati Rice
- Cauliflower Mash
- Cauliflower Rice
- Naan Bread
Get that restaurant-quality dish at home for a fraction of the price.
Here are even more chicken recipes to try
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken | Here is a great chicken dinner that comes together in minutes. A fantastic chicken that goes great with rice and more.
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole | Here is a fantastic Tex-Mex recipe that is crazy simple and so satisfying.
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken | Sweet and savory join forces in this incredible saucy dish. I love this served with rice.
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast | Here you can make a homemade chicken breast. This is a classic recipe that is full of flavor, and crazy simple to make.
Can I Double This Recipe
If you have a larger sized pressure cooker you should be able to double. Just always watch the max fill line on our Instant Pot.
So feel free to whip up a double batch to serve a crowd. This recipe does not freeze as the sauce can curdle up a bit. It is best when served warm or fresh.
But you can reheat for that quick dinner or lunches on the go. Just place in personal containers for an easy grab and reheat meal. Or pack and take for your lunch with your favorite sides on the side.
- 3/4 cup water
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 pound diced chicken thigh meat
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Add the water, tomato sauce, minced garlic, curry powder, Garam Masala, paprika, onion powder, sugar and salt to the Instant Pot and mix together.
- Add in the diced chicken thighs and butter on top.
- Cover your Instant Pot, seal, select pressure cook / manual setting, high pressure and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- When done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then quick pressure release the rest of the pressure.
- Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté mode mix in the heavy cream and simmer till the butter sauce thickens to your taste.
- Switch off the heat and serve.
Best served over rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.