Chocolate lovers will love this Instant Pot Brownie Cheesecake recipe. It is chocolaty, rich, and decadent. For this cheesecake, I started off with a delicious brownie bottomed 'crust'.
Then, I top it with a traditional cheesecake layer. I also swirl in some of the brownie batter into the top of the cheesecake. This gives the appearance of a marbled top and allows for a gorgeous presentation.
Table of contents
- Does Instant Pot Brownie Cheesecake Need to be Refrigerated
- Do I Have to Use a Brownie Mix to Make This Cheesecake
- Push Pan vs Springform Pan
- What Is the Best Cheesecake Pan - Push Pan for Instant Pot
- What Accessories Are Needed to Make Cheesecake in Instant Pot
- How to Make Instant Pot Brownie Cheesecake at Home
- Cheesecake Recipe with Sour Cream
- Other Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes to Try
- How to Make Instant Pot Brownie Cheesecake
- Which Instant Pot is Best
- Variations for Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
Have you wondered how to make a cheesecake at home that looks like the cheesecakes professional bakers make? We have all seen bakery-style cheesecake that are jaw-dropping beautiful.
This cheesecake recipe allows you to make a cheesecake that is every bit as good as what you would buy in a bakery. Not only that, it is an easy recipe that is nearly foolproof.
Does Instant Pot Brownie Cheesecake Need to be Refrigerated
Yes. All cheesecake recipes should be refrigerated. Wrap the cheesecake in plastic wrap or put it in a airtight container. Then, place it in the refrigerator after you are finished with it.
Cheesecake can also be frozen. In fact, freezing cheesecake is a great way to limit the amount of desserts you eat. It is also a good way to store make-ahead recipes.
If you do freezer-cooking, you can also do freezer-cooking for dessert recipes. Make 3-4 cheesecake recipes, cut them, and then divide them up. This way, you can put 1/3-1/4 of 3-4 cheesecakes together and offer a multi-flavored cheesecake dessert.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Do I Have to Use a Brownie Mix to Make This Cheesecake
No. This recipe calls for a boxed brownie mix, but you can make the brownie batter from scratch instead.
A basic brownie recipe with cocoa powder, sugar, eggs and a few other ingredients is easy to make. It works great for this recipe if you don't have a brownie mix at home.
Push Pan vs Springform Pan
The question of whether to use a push pan or springform pan normally comes down to preference. I used a springform pan for about a year before I purchased a Fat Daddio push-pan. I am so happy with the results I have gotten using a push pan.
Here are examples of cheesecakes I made. In the first photo, the cheesecake was made in a springform pan. In the second photo, the cheesecake was made in a push-pan. The taste and consistency of the cheesecakes are the same, but the push-pan gives a wow-factor to the presentation of the cheesecake.
What Is the Best Cheesecake Pan - Push Pan for Instant Pot
In my opinion, the Fat Daddio push-pan is the best cheesecake pan for the Instant Pot. All of the cheesecakes I make in it turn out amazingly well, with a quality resembling that of a bakery cheesecake.
If your goal is to make a cheesecake that looks and tastes great, get a push pan for your Instant Pot.
What Accessories Are Needed to Make Cheesecake in Instant Pot
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan- I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling- This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips- I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag- Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds- Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don't have to measure and cut a circle out.
How to Make Instant Pot Brownie Cheesecake at Home
Making cheesecake at home is surprisingly easy in an Instant Pot. There are two important factors to remember in order to get a perfect creamy consistency for cheesecake. Once you observe those two points, you have the tools to make homemade cheesecake right in your home kitchen.
The first thing you need to remember is to ALWAYS soften cream cheese to room temperature before start mixing the cheesecake filling.
The second (VERY important) trick to making creamy and delicious cheesecake is to use room temperature eggs. When eggs are room temperature, they blend in more easily to the cream cheese and sugar mixture. If you skip this step and use cold eggs, the batter could curdle.
All cheesecake recipes should mention both of those important factors. If the recipe happens to not mention that the eggs and/or cream cheese should be left out to room temperature, make sure you do it anyway. You'll thank me later.
Cheesecake Recipe with Sour Cream
Most recipes use one of two ingredients to soften the texture of the cream cheese. The ingredients they use are either sour cream or heavy whipping cream. I tend to use sour cream in most of my cheesecake recipes because it also provides a nice tangy flavor.
Other Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes to Try
Like this recipe? Check out all off our Cheesecake Recipes. We're adding more extraordinary flavors all the time! A couple of our favorites, besides this one, are Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake. Then, there's our Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Peppermint Cheesecake. And our Creme Brulee Cheesecake...WOW!
How to Make Instant Pot Brownie Cheesecake
Instant Pot Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. It has a brownie crust that takes the yum factor up several notches. To top it off, this is such an easy cheesecake to make.
First, the brownie layer is mixed and poured evenly into a prepared pan.
NOTE: 1/2 cup of the brownie mix needs to be reserved to swirl into the top of the cheesecake. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula to get all the brownie batter into the pan.
Then, cover the pan with foil. Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the inner pot. Add the trivet. Lower the cheesecake push-pan into the Instant Pot with a sling. Cook on high pressure in your Instant Pot for 20 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release.
While the brownie layer is cooking, mix the cheesecake layer.
First, cream cheese is mixed with sugar. Eggs are added, as well as vanilla, sour cream, and flour. Once the cheesecake filling is all mixed together, pour it over the partially cooked brownie layer.
Add reserved 1/2 cup brownie batter to the top of the cheesecake, and swirl it in to the cheesecake filling.
Then, spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray and cover the cheesecake. Empty the water from the inner pot, and refill it with 1 1/2 cups of water.
Lower the cheesecake onto a trivet in the Instant Pot with a sling. Cook it in the Instant Pot for 30 minutes, and then do a natural pressure release when the time is up.
Remove the Brownie Cheesecake from the Instant Pot and let it cook on a wire rack for an hour. The cheesecake will continue to cook internally during this time.
When the time has finished, gently loosen the foil from the top of the cheesecake. Loosely re-wrap the cheesecake. Using a refrigerator-safe cake plate with cover is a good way to keep the cheesecake in tip-top shape.
Which Instant Pot is Best
Which Instant Pot to buy is often left up to personal preference. I have two Instant Pots that I regularly use. However, I'll give you a basic run-down on the varieties that are available.
Instant Pot has 4 main models available: LUX, DUO, ULTRA, and SMART. All of these models have several of the same functions, including saute and high pressure cooking, which are the two settings that are used the most. They also all have a slow cooker function, steaming, rice cooker and a stainless steel inner cooking pot.
There are also 3, 5, 6 and 8 quart pressure cookers, but each size is not available with each and every model. The size you pick should be determined based on the number of people you cook for as well as what it will be used for.
Personally, I have both a 6 and 8 quart Instant Pot. These both work really well with the pot-in-pot cooking method, which involves putting another baking dish or pan into the inner pot with water in the bottom of the pan.
The models that I have are both the DUO model. The Instant Pot DUO is a 7-in-1 cooker. In addition to the functions listed above, it also has a yogurt setting. The yogurt setting alone is why many people buy the Instant Pot DUO. If you want to make homemade yogurt, the DUO is the model for you.
In addition the the yogurt setting, the Instant Pot DUO model also has a low pressure setting. The other models only feature a high pressure option.
If you are wondering what can be cooked in the Instant Pot on low pressure, the answer is not a lot. But, there are a couple things that are regularly cooked on low.
Eggs are often cooked using the low-pressure setting. If you cook a lot of eggs, the DUO might be a good investment. Many vegetables can also be cooked on low-pressure; however, the cooking time will be a little longer than it would be on high pressure.
Variations for Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
There are many ways to vary a brownie cheesecake. Some of my favorite are to add chocolate chips to the top of the brownie layer and adding peanut butter either to the brownie mix or to the cheesecake filling.
I especially like to add whipping cream to the top of a slice of our Brownie Bottom Cheesecake.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Recipe Is SO Tasty
- Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Apple Cheesecake with Apple Cinnamon Topping
- Instant Pot Pecan Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Banana Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- Red Velvet Cheesecake - Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe - Gluten Free Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Christmas Cheesecake - Best Christmas Dessert Ideas
- Berry Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
- 33 Of The Best Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake - Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Smores Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Bites
- Instant Pot Apple Crumble Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust
- Best Creme Brulee Cheesecake Recipe - An Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake - Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Gluten-Free Keto Cheesecake