Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Looking for a tasty comfort soup recipe that packs in loads of flavor? This easy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup just takes minutes to make! It's packed full of cheesy goodness!
With the cooler weather coming around the bend quickly, I can't stop thinking about all things soup. This broccoli and cheese soup in the Instant Pot is one of my all-time favorite soups. With a cook time of fewer than 8 minutes, you'll have a bowl full of this easy cheesy soup in no time at all.
Don't forget to factor in the 15 minutes of prep time when meal prepping for this homemade soup. But don't worry, it's super easy to prep and can be done with ease!
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
While this recipe is pretty straightforward, there are always a few questions that need to be addressed. Check out some of these extra tips in making this easy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese soup perfect!
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT TYPE OF BROTH?
You can. I like to use chicken broth for the extra flavor, but you can easily use vegetable broth or even beef broth as well. Just know that whatever kind of broth you use, you'll more than likely notice a difference in the flavor.
ESSENTIAL INSTANT POT SUPPLIES
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
CAN YOU FREEZE THIS INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP FOR LATER?
As long as you add it to a freezer-safe container, this soup should stay good for up to 3 months in your freezer. Since there is a potato in this soup, there are certain ingredients that might change texture once they are frozen.
This shouldn't alter the flavor at all but it will make the texture different than if you were eating it fresh.
WHAT ARE SOME GOOD TOPPINGS FOR THIS BROCCOLI, CHEESE, AND POTATO SOUP?
To be honest, it really doesn't need a ton of toppings. You can add crushed up crackers like we like do, oyster crackers or even a dollop of sour cream, too.
And if you like to spice up your soups, fresh jalapenos chopped up on top or some dashes of hot sauce are always a good idea as well.
Don't forget to bake up a loaf of bread so that you can rip off pieces and dip it in your soup! That's one of the best things, ever!
CAN YOU USE FRESH BROCCOLI FOR THIS SOUP RECIPE?
You can! We use frozen broccoli because it's a cheap substitute and we always seem to have some in our freezer but you can totally use fresh broccoli as well.
Just be certain to clean the fresh broccoli and chop down the stem and cut it apart before adding it in to replace the frozen broccoli aspect of this soup.
People also like to use fresh broccoli because it adds a bit more texture to the soup where the frozen just makes for a smoother taste and texture.
MORE INSTANT POT SOUPS
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup – Instant Pot Soups
- Corn Chowder Recipe Instant Pot
- Ham Potato Soup – Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Chicken and Dumplings in the Instant Pot
- Chicken Florentine Soup in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chili Recipe- Best Award Winning Chili Recipe
- Mushroom Barley Soup Recipe for Instant Pot
Are you ready to make this cheese and broccoli soup in the Instant Pot? Check out the simple recipe here!
Have you tried this recipe? Don't forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- ½ large red pepper, diced small, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large yellow potato, chopped small
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 12-ounce bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Start by adding in the olive oil to the Instant Pot and select the saute function. You're going to want it on the normal (medium) setting as well.
- Once the oil is hot, add in all the diced shallot, all but 2 tablespoons of the red pepper, and also the garlic powder. Then season with pepper and salt and stir. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the veggies become soft.
- Next, put in the potatoes and cook. Stirring every so often. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the potatoes start to get coloring.
- Next, you're going to want to deglaze the instant pot. Pour in the chicken broth and gently scrape the bottom with a rubber spatula. This will take off the brown bits. Keep the temp on keep warm/cancel which will also turn off the saute function.
- Now it's time to add in the broccoli and cover. Make certain that you lock the lid in place and set the vent to sealing. Hit manual setting and adjust to high. Put cook time at 2 minutes.
- Once that is done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Then do a quick release to let out the remaining steam.
- Take off the lid and put in the cheese, one cup at a time. Stir to melt.
- To prevent curdling, you're going to want to temper the heavy cream by adding in 2-3 tablespoons of the hot liquid from the Instant Pot before actually putting it into the soup. Make certain that you stir.
- Serve and top with more cheese and red pepper on top!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 991mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g