Looking for a tasty comfort soup recipe that packs in loads of flavor? This easy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup just takes minutes to make! It's packed full of cheesy goodness!
Table of contents
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Can I Use a Different Type of Broth?
- Essential Instant Pot Supplies
- Can You Freeze This Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup for Later?
- What Are Some Good Toppings for This Broccoli, Cheese and Potato Soup?
- Can You Use Fresh Broccoli for This Soup Recipe?
- More Instant Pot Soups
With the cooler weather coming around the bend quickly, I can't stop thinking about all things soup. This broccoli and cheese soup in the Instant Pot is one of my all-time favorite soups. With a cook time of fewer than 8 minutes, you'll have a bowl full of this easy cheesy soup in no time at all.
Don't forget to factor in the 15 minutes of prep time when meal prepping for this homemade soup. But don't worry, it's super easy to prep and can be done with ease!
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
While this recipe is pretty straightforward, there are always a few questions that need to be addressed. Check out some of these extra tips in making this easy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese soup perfect!
Can I Use a Different Type of Broth?
You can. I like to use chicken broth for the extra flavor, but you can easily use vegetable broth or even beef broth as well. Just know that whatever kind of broth you use, you'll more than likely notice a difference in the flavor.
Essential Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Can You Freeze This Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup for Later?
As long as you add it to a freezer-safe container, this soup should stay good for up to 3 months in your freezer. Since there is a potato in this soup, there are certain ingredients that might change texture once they are frozen.
This shouldn't alter the flavor at all but it will make the texture different than if you were eating it fresh.
What Are Some Good Toppings for This Broccoli, Cheese and Potato Soup?
To be honest, it really doesn't need a ton of toppings. You can add crushed up crackers like we like do, oyster crackers or even a dollop of sour cream, too.
And if you like to spice up your soups, fresh jalapenos chopped up on top or some dashes of hot sauce are always a good idea as well.
Don't forget to bake up a loaf of bread so that you can rip off pieces and dip it in your soup! That's one of the best things, ever!
Can You Use Fresh Broccoli for This Soup Recipe?
You can! We use frozen broccoli because it's a cheap substitute and we always seem to have some in our freezer but you can totally use fresh broccoli as well.
Just be certain to clean the fresh broccoli and chop down the stem and cut it apart before adding it in to replace the frozen broccoli aspect of this soup.
People also like to use fresh broccoli because it adds a bit more texture to the soup where the frozen just makes for a smoother taste and texture.
More Instant Pot Soups
- How to Make Instant Pot Ramen Noodles as Good as Your Favorite Ramen Restaurant
- Ham Potato Soup - Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chili with Dry Beans
- How to Cook Lentils in Instant Pot Soup. Why You'll Absolutely Love Them!
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: The Best Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Asparagus Soup
Are you ready to make this cheese and broccoli soup in the Instant Pot? Check out the simple recipe here!