Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
If you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet, now is the time! You don’t want to miss out on making this Instant Pot Blackberry Swirl Cheesecake recipe — it really is amazing. It is so rich and creamy, with a perfect balance of tart, yet sweet blackberries and decadent cream cheese filling. It truly is easy to make, and will come out perfect every time.
Why Make Cheesecake in the Instant Pot?
Ever since it made its market debut, cooks have been raving about making cheesecake in the Instant Pot. And it remains at the top of the list of popular Instant Pot recipes, because of the steamy pressure-cooking environment that creates such an amazingly smooth and creamy cheesecake. Plus, it is so much faster! Traditional cheesecake recipes require over an hour of baking time, while this Instant Pot cheesecake recipe cooks in just 35 minutes (plus another 12 minutes of natural release time).
A Tip for Making This Instant Pot Blackberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
Make a sling out of foil so you can easily lower the cheesecake into the Instant Pot, and most importantly, lift the pan out without burning your hands when it’s finished cooking. To make a foil sling, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Tear off about 2 feet of foil and lay on a flat surface.
- Lift the side closest to you, fold it up one-third of the way, and then press down.
- Fold the top section over the folded area and press down to make it flat. Your sling is ready to use!
More Delicious Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe Ideas
If you are as obsessed with Instant Pot cheesecake as much as I am, then you will absolutely love this compilation of the 15 Best Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes!
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake is just the thing for the die hard peanut butter fans in your life.
On the Keto diet or following a grain-free eating plan? Instant Pot Grain-free Keto Cheesecake is the dessert for you!
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It’ll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
Like this recipe? Check out all off our Cheesecake Recipes. We’re adding more extraordinary flavors all the time! A couple of our favorites, besides this one, are Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake.
How to Make Instant Pot Blackberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe Step By Step
Step #1: Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter and pat down on the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Step #2: Cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and then mix in the eggs one at a time.
Step #3: Add in the almond extract and sour cream, then mix until smooth.
Step #4: Pour into springform pan on top of the graham cracker crust.
Step #5: Next, add blackberry pie filling and swirl it into the cheesecake
Step #6: Run a fork back and forth through the cheesecake several times to remove air bubbles, then cover with foil.
Step #7: Pour two cups of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Step #8: Make a sling out of aluminum foil to lower the pan into the pressure cooker.
Step #9: Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn to sealing position. Set for a manual high pressure time of 35 minutes. When time has finished, allow for a natural release for 12 minutes before letting out the rest of the steam.
Step #11: Cool on the counter for an hour and then put in the refrigerator and cool for an additional 4 hours.
Step #12: Top with additional blackberry pie filling, or other toppings and serve. Enjoy!
Best Cheesecake Supplies for Instant Pot Cheesecakes
- 6-inch by 3-inch Push Pan or 7-inch by 3-inch Push Pan– I recently started using a high push pan instead of a spring-form pan. In my opinion, the cheesecake looks amazing this way.
- Silicone Sling– This is an essential unless you want to make a sling out of foil every time you make a cheesecake or use a pan in the Instant Pot that needs to be lifted out.
- Large Decorating Tips– I used a decorating tip and reusable icing bag to pipe frosting onto the top of the cake. It gives the cake a prettier, more professional style.
- Reusable Decorating Bag– Do yourself a favor and invest in a nice reusable bag for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It works so much better than the disposable bags and is better for the environment. Even better, they are pretty inexpensive.
- Parchment Rounds– Pre-cut parchment rounds (and squares) are available in a variety of sizes depending on your needs. This can be a huge time-saver so you don’t have to measure and cut a circle out.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you’re at it, share a picture on Instagram with #apressurecookerrecipe so we can see how your recipe turned out!
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup blackberry pie filling
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter, then pat down in the bottom of a 7-inch spring form pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and then mix in the eggs one at a time. Add in the almond extract and sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour into spring form pan on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Add blackberry pie filling and swirl it into the cheesecake.
- Run a fork back and forth through the cheesecake several times to remove air bubbles.
- Cover with foil. Pour two cups of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Make a sling out of aluminum foil to lower the pan into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn to sealing position.
- Set for a manual high pressure time of 35 minutes. When time has finished, allow for a natural release for 12 minutes before letting out the rest of the steam.
- Cool on the counter for an hour and then put in the refrigerator and cool for an additional 4 hours.
- If desired, add toppings before serving.
Additional time includes time to come to pressure and pressure release.
8 Qt Insta Pot Silicone Lid/Cover
6 x 3 Inch Cheesecake Push Pan
Instant Pot Tempered Glass lid, Clear 10 in. - 8 Quart
Instant Pot Stainless Steel Inner Pot - 8 Quart
8 Qt Insta Pot Silicone Lid/Cover
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 122mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 26g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g