Instant Pot Beef queso dip is an easy queso dip recipe you make in the Instant Pot. This is a delicious ground beef Rotel queso dip that is loaded with creaminess. Make in a fraction of the time compared to the classic crockpot queso dip!
This hamburger queso dip is one recipe we make for game day entertaining, weeknight snacking, and more. You can make this Instant Pot dip for a potluck dish, etc. Get creative and have fun. Scroll down to learn how to make beef queso dip.
- lean ground beef
- unsalted butter
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- evaporated milk
- black pepper
- fiesta blend cheese
Now you can make this a sausage queso dip, just swap the ground beef with sausage. Or you can do 1 pound sausage and 1 pound ground beef. If you want a spicy queso dip, all you need to do is ramp up the spice in the dish or reach for a hot spicy sausage.
Add more spice...
- Add in diced jalapenos that have the seeds - adjust to your liking.
- Sprinkle in some of your favorite hot sauce to ramp up the spice of this taco queso dip.
- Add in a hot Rotel instead of mild or original. This will give a lot of heat with a simple swap of ingredients.
- Use spicy sausage to replace ground beef
I used a Fiesta blend cheese that will bring tons of flavor to this cheese dip. If you wanted to use Velveeta you would need to stir it in once the dip is cooked to prevent the burn notice.
Feel free to make it a Velveeta queso dip with ground beef instead of using the evaporated milk and the shredded cheese as you see in this Instant Pot Rotel dip.
How to Store
To store your dip you will transfer to an airtight container. The dip will store for around 3 days or so in the fridge. Then when you want just reheat in the microwave or even eat the dip cold. It will be a lot thicker once it chills. So if you feel when you are reheating and it is too thick, you can add in a splash of milk to help thin it up.
This has easily become one of the best instant pot dips I have made so far. A fun party dip that gives you that restaurant style queso dip at home.
- Silicone whisk set | A silicone whisk is the most versatile whisk to have because it is safe to use with all your pans, including nonstick cookware.
- Silicone soup ladle for non-stick cookware | Use this ladle to scoop cheese dip out of your Instant Pot and into your chips and dip serving dish.
Unfortunately, you can not freeze queso dip. You will find due to the dairy in the recipe it will separate as it thaws from being frozen. It will become kind of a mix of ingredients all separated. If you do freeze, you can try to stir and re-incorporate it. Cheese can also alter in texture once reheated.
To thin the dip you will want to add a bit more milk into the recipe. Once the dip is cooked and the lid is off, stir in 2 tablespoons of milk at a time. Keep stirring until the milk is incorporated. Then you will repeat as needed to reach the desired texture.
How to Make
- Ground Beef on Saute
- Add onions and peppers on saute
- Add rotel and spices into the mix
- Add in dairy
- Cook with the lid on
- Release pressure, stir and serve