Sharing is caring!
A quick and easy Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Hamburger Helper Casserole that will please the whole family. If you are looking for an Instant Pot ground beef recipe give this recipe a try.
Ground beef, taco seasoning, corn, Rotel, cheese, and more, all the things you want with this beef enchilada casserole.
Table of contents
Pot in pot Instant Pot recipe that becomes a meal in one. This enchilada rice dish is one you will want to make every night of the week.
Why You Will Enjoy This Recipe...
- Ground Beef Recipe
- Easy Rice Recipe
- A simple dinner for any night of the week
Toss this dish together in no time. If you use pre-cooked ground beef that speeds up the process even more.
Is It Hard To Make Beef Enchilada Casserole
Essential Pot-in-Pot Instant Pot Supplies
- Instant Pot Pot-in-Pot - This pan is essential when cooking recipes that might stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Tall Trivet Set- Use this handy too when cooking a recipe in the inner pot and second recipe (or part of a recipe, like rice) utilizing the pot-in-pot method
- Sling- You'll want to have a sling when you use the pot-in-pot method, like when you make cheesecake.
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- This book comes in handy when you're learning how to use your Instant Pot and experimenting with new recipes.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Cream of Mushrooms Soup
- Cream Corn
- Chicken Stock
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions
How to Make
Turn the saute feature on, and cook your ground beef until it is no longer pink.
Add water to deglaze the pan, then add the next few ingredients on the list as directed in the recipe card.
Do the rice in a pot that you place on trivet, and then pressure cook as directed.
Once done, add the rice, cheese, and green onions into the mixture and enjoy.
White long-grain rice is what I used and find it to be the best. One thing to keep in mind is you can't use Minute rice in the Instant Pot. It will simply turn to mush as it breaks down too much.
If you use a brown rice or other variety you will find you need to adjust water and cook time since it takes longer to cook.
Making sure you deglaze the Instant Pot once you are done sauteing meat is key. Add in water or stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape away any stuck on food. If you do not do this after the saute feature it will cause a burn notice and not cook.
Quick-release is when you push the toggle to release tons of steam right after you are cooking. Natural release is allowing the timer to still run once the cook time is done.
Due to the ingredients in this recipe, it is recommended for your dog to not eat the food. There is not enough nutritional value to gain, and you are feeding them lots of carbs, and food with spice.
If you do not plan to eat this all right away, you can freeze any leftovers. Simply store the leftovers in a container in the freezer for 3-4 months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight, or reheat from frozen if you prefer.
Go right ahead and use ground turkey to replace ground beef in this enchilada beef casserole. It will be a leaner meat but still provide rich flavor.
Looking for more dinner recipes
- Korean Ground Beef | This is a sweet and savory ground beef recipe that is full of rich flavor. Serve with a bed of rice for complete dinner in one pot.
- Chicken Breast | If you are searching for a classic chicken recipe give this recipe a try. One of my favorites, and loaded with tasty flavor that you can eat alone, or use to create a whole new meal.
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork | Talk about one flavorful way to serve up pulled pork. Dr. Pepper adds a nice sweetness to your juicy meat.
How To Store Leftovers
You will want to store any leftovers you have in the refrigerator for up to three days. Anything after that you need to use your best judgment in terms of quality.
Topping Ideas For Enchilada Rice Casserole
You can add on any of your favorite toppings or eat it plain as it is. I will share some ideas with you below to give you an idea of what you might want to pile on top.
More Easy Recipes
- How Many Ounces Are in a Barrel of Beer?
- Is Oatmeal Good for Upset Stomach? Uncovering Soothing Foods for Digestive Woes
- Crockpot Guinness Beer Pot Roast
- 15 Bean Soup Crockpot Recipe
- Can You Put Frozen Ground Turkey in Crock Pot: Safe Cooking Tips Revealed
Supplies used to make the best Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Hamburger Helper Casserole
Ingredients for an easy Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Hamburger Helper Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef, browned
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 (1.25) packages taco seasoning
- 10 ounce can mild rotel
- 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 14.5 ounce can cream of corn
- 1 cup rice, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced in small pieces
- Optional toppings: sour cream, tortilla chips, tomato, green onions
- Turn the Instant Pot on saute mode. Brown ground beef and drain excess grease.
- Add the ground beef back into the pan and pour in the water. Deglaze the pan by scraping the bottom.
- Add in the next 4 ingredients.
- Insert a high trivet (invert the trivet with handles that came with your pot) into the inner pot.
- Rinse rice and add it to a metal pan that fits in the Instant Pot. Then add chicken broth on top of the rice. Set the pan on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and set for a high pressure cooking time of 4 minutes.
- Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the metal pan with the rice and the trivet.
- Stir rice, cheese and green onions into the ground beef mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Can my dog eat Beef Enchilada Hamburger? It is not recommended to give this recipe to your dog. Although your dog's diet is based on meat, the spicy and strong ingredients that the recipe contains aren't the best for his organism. Flavors like garlic and onion are highly toxic to the dog's stomach.
- Can my cat eat Beef Enchilada Hamburger? Given that cats are carnivores, this recipe sounds harmless, but it is not. Ingredients like garlic and onion are highly dangerous for your cat. As well as the rest of the spicy ingredients. Therefore, it would be better to avoid sharing this dish with your cat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11 in 1, Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, Slow Cook, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Instant Pot IP-Stainless Steel Inner Pot 8Qt Genuine Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot - 8 Quart
Instant Pot Stainless Steel Official Wire Roasting Rack, Compatible with 6-quart and 8-quart cookers
Stainless Steel Stackable Insert Pressure Cooker Steamer Cooking Insert Pans with Sling, Stackable Steamer Insert Pans For Instant Pot, Stackable Pot in Pot Interchangeable Lids Set of Two Pans
Instant Pot Silicone Lid, 8 quart, White
Amount Per Serving Calories 644Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 178mgSodium 709mgCarbohydrates 17gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 4gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 38g
Jessica McCoy is a seasoned food blogger with 14+ years of experience in the industry. As a self-taught home cook, she enjoys creating and finetuning easy recipes that are fool proof and simple for anyone to make. Her expertise is in all things kitchen: cooking tips, air fryer recipes, Instant Pot and other pressure cooking recipes, and slow cooker recipes. Jessica was the previous owner of AllSheCooks, where she focused on easy every day recipes including budget friendly dinner recipes and desserts.
Sharing is caring!