Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon Recipe is a tender fall-apart beef bourguignon similar to the Julia Child beef Bourguignon recipe.
Table of contents
Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
Tender beef, loads of savory broth, veggies, and then cooked in a fraction of the time for that slow simmered flavor you know and love.
The classic Bourguignon is one that is filled with tons of steps, time spent in making this recipe, and maybe a glass or two of wine while you wait.
But using the Instant Pot this really speeds up the time while ensuring no flavor is lacked.
What Is Beef Bourguignon
This beef bourguignon is a classic dish that is associated to the word burgundy, from the red wine used in this dish.
You have a braised beef, bacon, cooked in a red wine tomato sauce with tons of veggies. This is one dish you will enjoy. Julia Child is famous for this classic dish, and it is crowd worthy if you want to wow your guests.
How Do You Make Beef Bourguignon In Instant Pot
First, you want to start by cooking up your bacon on the saute setting. Once the bacon is cooked remove from the pot. Then add in your beef and brown on all the sides.
Searing your beef is going to add texture but also tons of flavor to your meat. Now add in your wine and deglaze the pan, simmer for 6 minutes to reduce the wine.
Whisk in your flour and tomato post, then add in broth, veggies, butter, and seasonings. Seal and cook as directed below, then natural release for 10 minutes.
Now turn to saute once again on low and allow the mixture to thicken. Then serve one insanely tasty dinner.
Helpful Kitchen Supplies
- Kitchen Scale- A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer- Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many 'inexpensive' thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot - I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot- I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners- If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Interested In More Instant Pot Beef Recipes
- Beef Carnitas | Whip up this insanely flavorful and hearty carnitas recipe with beef.
- Instant Pot Goulash | This isn't a boring goulash, this recipe is loaded with tender pasta, savory sauce and loads of meat.
- Baked Spaghetti | Give this baked spaghetti a try, it is so easy to make, tender pasta, rich meat sauce and baked to perfection.
- Meatball Sliders | Whip up these meatball sliders for you to serve up as a dinner or appetizer for a crowd.
More of Our Latest Recipes
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread