Are you looking for a fast and hearty meal that everyone in the family can appreciate and enjoy? If so, look no further than this Instant Pot Stew Beef and Rice.
Every bite gives you that beef and rice mixture that is certain to make your taste buds and belly very pleased.
And if you love cooking up rice in your Instant Pot, make certain to check out our Spanish Rice recipe as well!
Instant Pot Rice Recipe
What I really enjoy about this Instant Pot Beef and Rice recipe is that it has a bit of heat to it. (this doesn't mean it HAS to, but the ingredient list does work in that option)
You can also cut up a lime and squeeze a bit of that fresh lime juice over the top as well. This creates a super fresh taste that really enhances the overall flavor.
There's just something about the way that rice and lime go together perfectly in most recipes, right?!
Do you have to marinate the beef for this Instant Pot beef stew meat and rice recipe?
I would. Marinating the meat is only going to give it that much more flavor and taste. If you have the time to marinate the stew meat overnight, do so. The longer you can, the better. But no longer than 24 hours - that is too much!
And if you can't marinate it for a bit before cooking, no worries. It's not a requirement that has to be done at all. You can always add more seasoning at the end to bring out the flavor if you need it.
What are topping ideas for this Instant Pot beef recipe?
Since this recipe already has a lot of texture and flavor, lighter toppings tend to be a better choice. More sesame seeds, chopped chives, and even some fresh cilantro all make for great toppings for sure.
Can you overcook rice?
Yes, you can. But to be fair, some people prefer their rice to be different textures so all might not be lost if you do overcook it.
This recipe calls for cooking the rice for 22 minutes, but you can always extend that and create softer or mushier rice as well.
Kitchen Supplies We Used to this recipe
- White Instant Pot Duo |Love the look and size of this Instant Pot for all my cooking needs.
- Non-stick inner pot | This is a must to save you time on the clean-up process after.
- Wooden spoon set | I never use metal in my Instant Pot and you shouldn't either. Wooden spoons mean that you can scrape inside without scratching.
- Tongs | These tongs are great because they don't scratch the inside of the pot and make it super simple to pick up food items or other ingredients.
Tips for making this Instant Pot Beef and Rice meal
The main thing to remember is that you're going to want to cut your stew meat into bites that are small and easy to chew. This will help to make certain that the texture of the meat combined with the rice makes for a delicious and tasty experience.
More Instant Pot Beef Recipes You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Hamburger Helper Casserole
- Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
- Korean Ground Beef
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage