Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Instant Pot Bean Soup is the perfect hardy soup that features a bag of 15 bean soup. Add in some ham, and you have one incredible bean soup recipe for your pressure cooker.
Use up leftover ham or grab some ham at the store to toss in. I love the pairing of ham and beans together.
Instant Pot Bean Soup
Pair your 15 bean soup with some cornbread, a splash of white vinegar, or even some crackers. This is one satisfying dinner that will serve your whole family.
What Is 15 Bean Soup
You can buy a bag of 15 bean soup beans or even other dried beans to use in this recipe. The 15 bean bag offers tons of beans that will add texture and flavor to every bite of your soup.
Can I Add More Vegetables Into Bean Soup
Of course. I went with simple vegetables added, but you are more than welcome to add in extra if you wanted. Any vegetable would work great and add more flavor to your soup.
I didn’t want to overpower the beans and ham so I opted for simple. Plus I wanted to use up some produce that was close to going bad. I find utilizing for soups is a must.
Is Making Soup In The Instant Pot Hard
Soup in your Instant Pot is insanely easy. I love it because you get a flavorful soup in a fraction of the time of simmering on the stove or even slow cooker method.
Because you pressure cook your soup, it will really infuse the flavor as it cooks. This is my go-to way to cook any soup these days. It really speeds up the process and allows me to still make a last-minute soup that is full of flavor.
Interested in More Soup Recipes
- Hamburger Soup | Grab some ground beef and transform it into a hearty and savory hamburger soup. Lots of veggies, savory broth and absolutely filling.
- Creamy Chicken Leek Soup | Here is a great pairing of chicken and leeks in one comforting bowl. You will enjoy this rich and creamy soup that takes minimal effort to make.
- Vegetable Beef Soup | Here you have another vegetable and beef soup that really is loaded with flavor. The pasta adds a ton of flavor to this recipe.
- Southwest Chicken Soup | This is a soup that I highly recommend trying out. Tons of rich and savory flavors in every single scoop.
How To Store Leftover Soup
If you have leftover soup you can store it in the fridge for up to three days. This is great leftover and reheats nicely.
Just place in an airtight container and store in the fridge. You could even place it in a single-serve airtight container. Then you can pack and serve for a quick lunch or dinner while on the go.
Instant Pot Supplies to Have on Hand
- Kitchen Scale– A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer– Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many ‘inexpensive’ thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Does This Soup Freeze Well
Want to work on meal prepping for meals down the line? Here you can save your leftover soup by freezing. Place in an airtight container or sealable freezer bag.
You can then freeze it for up to three months. If you place your soup in a plastic container make sure to leave room for the soup to expand as it freezes.
If you do too much it could pop off the top and make a big mess in your freezer.
Then to thaw just place in the fridge overnight and allow it to thaw, and then reheat on low on stove, toss in the slow cooker, or even in your instant pot.
Could I Use Different Meat
Absolutely! You could do ground beef, sausage, or even something like shredded or diced chicken. The key is to make sure to pre-cook meat like ground beef or ground sausage.
Then you would cook as directed in the printable recipe card below. I love ham, but feel free to swap out the meat if you don’t have any on hand. This recipe is very versatile.
Enjoy making a recipe that fits exactly what you have on hand and what sounds the best taste-wise.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Unicorn Popcorn Recipe: How to Make Instant Pot Popcorn
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe with Vegetables
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Lemon Parmesan Chicken
- Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Recipe
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (20 ounce) package 15-bean dry bean soup mix
- 2 ham hocks
- 3 bay leaves
- Seasoning packet from soup mix
- 10-ounce can Rotel
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn Instant Pot onto Saute mode.
- Add in olive oil when the pan is hot. Saute onions and celery for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften.
- Turn off the saute mode.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the inner pot to deglaze.
- Add remaining chicken stock to the inner pot.
- Add next 7 ingredients.
- Close the Instant Pot and set the pressure valve to sealing.
- Set for a high pressure cooking time of 40 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes after the cooking time, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove ham hocks and remove meat from bones. Cut up the ham into small pieces and return the ham to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 954mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 23gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g