Give this easy and satisfying Instant Pot Baked Ziti recipe a try. Italian sausage, ziti pasta, ricotta cheese, spaghetti sauce and more come together for the ultimate baked ziti with ricotta.
This is similar to Instant Pot lasagna but without all the prep and steps. I love a hearty baked ziti with sausage, it is better than takeout.
Table of contents
Instant Pot Baked Ziti
Baked ziti is one of our favorites. It is so fast to prepare and the pasta cooks perfectly in the Instant Pot. I am a huge fan of pasta in the pressure cooker, and this recipe is a must make.
Can I Substitute Cottage Cheese For Ricotta
Yes, if you don't love ricotta feel free to reach for cottage cheese. Both work great.
You are welcome to use either route, it will still offer that creamy and satisfying flavor. So, feel free to whip up whatever you would prefer.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
What Is The Best Pasta To Use
I normally use Ziti noodles, but didn't have any on hand. Instead I used penne pasta.
If you don't have either of those pasta types on hand, you can use any smaller sized pasta. Elbow, shells, etc. They all will work, you just want similar sized pasta so you get the right texture.
Will Ground Beef Work In This Recipe
You bet! If you don't love Italian sausage or maybe you don't have any on hand reach for ground beef or even ground turkey. They all work great and it will alter the flavor slightly but ultimately be a tasty dish to serve up.
The sausage adds a bit more kick in flavor, but ground beef is what I use often! Either meat works great. You will love it.
Here are More Pasta Instant Pot Recipes To Make
- Mac and Cheese with Ground Beef | This is a Hamburger Helper version that is great for kids and adults to enjoy.
- Goulash | Here is a hearty and satisfying goulash that will be a total comfort dish for you. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try.
- Thai Instant Pot Noodles | My favorite Thai inspired dish that will knock your socks off. Whip this up for one insanely satisfying dish.
How To Store Leftover Pasta
You will want to store this in an airtight container in the fridge. This can store for up to three days. Just reheat as you would like whether in the microwave or even in a skillet on the stove or oven.
It tastes great leftover and is filling enough to stretch a few meals!
Get More of Our Latest Recipes
- Valentine's Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe
- Frozen Chicken Instant Pot Directions with WW Chicken Salad
- Award-Winning Instant Pot Rib Tips Recipe
- Instant Pot Swiss Steak Recipe- The Best Swiss Steak