Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Give this easy and satisfying Instant Pot Baked Ziti recipe a try. Italian sausage, ziti pasta, ricotta cheese, spaghetti sauce and more come together for the ultimate baked ziti with ricotta.
This is similar to Instant Pot lasagna but without all the prep and steps. I love a hearty baked ziti with sausage, it is better than takeout.
Instant Pot Baked Ziti
Baked ziti is one of our favorites. It is so fast to prepare and the pasta cooks perfectly in the Instant Pot. I am a huge fan of pasta in the pressure cooker, and this recipe is a must make.
Can I Substitute Cottage Cheese For Ricotta
Yes, if you don’t love ricotta feel free to reach for cottage cheese. Both work great.
You are welcome to use either route, it will still offer that creamy and satisfying flavor. So, feel free to whip up whatever you would prefer.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It’ll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
What Is The Best Pasta To Use
I normally use Ziti noodles, but didn’t have any on hand. Instead I used penne pasta.
If you don’t have either of those pasta types on hand, you can use any smaller sized pasta. Elbow, shells, etc. They all will work, you just want similar sized pasta so you get the right texture.
Will Ground Beef Work In This Recipe
You bet! If you don’t love Italian sausage or maybe you don’t have any on hand reach for ground beef or even ground turkey. They all work great and it will alter the flavor slightly but ultimately be a tasty dish to serve up.
The sausage adds a bit more kick in flavor, but ground beef is what I use often! Either meat works great. You will love it.
Here are More Pasta Instant Pot Recipes To Make
- Mac and Cheese with Ground Beef | This is a Hamburger Helper version that is great for kids and adults to enjoy.
- Goulash | Here is a hearty and satisfying goulash that will be a total comfort dish for you. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try.
- Thai Instant Pot Noodles | My favorite Thai inspired dish that will knock your socks off. Whip this up for one insanely satisfying dish.
How To Store Leftover Pasta
You will want to store this in an airtight container in the fridge. This can store for up to three days. Just reheat as you would like whether in the microwave or even in a skillet on the stove or oven.
It tastes great leftover and is filling enough to stretch a few meals!
Get More of Our Latest Recipes
- Instant Pot 2-Ingredient 7-Up Lemon Cake
- Instant Pot Goulash Recipe
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti Recipe
- Popeye’s Cajun Dirty Rice Recipe – Instant Pot
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
- 8 ounces ziti or penne pasta
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta (or cottage cheese)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Additional pasta sauce, optional
- Brown Italian sausage on saute mode.
- Drain any excess grease, and then add chicken stock and deglaze the pan.
- Add half and half and pasta sauce.
- Add in seasonings.
- Add pasta and press down to make sure it is covered with liquid.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the pressure valve is set to sealing.
- Set for a high pressure time of 5 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release, and then add in cheeses, stirring until melted.
- Serve with additional sauce, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 1189mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g