Give this easy and satisfying Instant Pot Baked Ziti recipe a try. Italian sausage, ziti pasta, ricotta cheese, spaghetti sauce and more come together for the ultimate baked ziti with ricotta.
This is similar to Instant Pot lasagna but without all the prep and steps. I love a hearty baked ziti with sausage, it is better than takeout.
Don't get me wrong, I love Olive Garden's Baked Ziti with all my heart, but this baked ziti Instant Pot recipe is just as good, and I can whip it up in my pressure cooker, so it's easier than a lot of baked dinner recipes.
Table of contents
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti
- Supplies Used
- Can I Substitute Cottage Cheese For Ricotta
- What Is The Best Pasta To Use
- Will Ground Beef Work In This Recipe
- Here are More Pasta Instant Pot Recipes To Make
- How to Make Baked Ziti
- How To Store Leftover Pasta
- Get More of Our Latest Recipes
- Easy Ziti Recipe
Instant Pot Baked Ziti
Baked ziti is one of our favorites. It is so fast to prepare and the pasta cooks perfectly in the Instant Pot. I am a huge fan of pasta in the pressure cooker, and this recipe is a must make.
- ziti or penne pasta
- hot Italian sausage
- chicken stock
- half and half
- pasta sauce
- salt and pepper
- ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- mozzarella cheese
Can I Substitute Cottage Cheese For Ricotta
Yes, if you don't love ricotta feel free to reach for cottage cheese. Both work great.
You are welcome to use either route, it will still offer that creamy and satisfying flavor. So, feel free to whip up whatever you would prefer.
New to cooking with a pressure cooker? Try out the Be the Boss of Your Instant Pot Video Course! It'll help take the pressure off and ease you into cooking with your Instant Pot.
What Is The Best Pasta To Use
I normally use Ziti noodles, but didn't have any on hand. Instead I used penne pasta.
If you don't have either of those pasta types on hand, you can use any smaller sized pasta. Elbow, shells, etc. They all will work, you just want similar sized pasta so you get the right texture.
Will Ground Beef Work In This Recipe
You bet! If you don't love Italian sausage or maybe you don't have any on hand reach for ground beef or even ground turkey. They all work great and it will alter the flavor slightly but ultimately be a tasty dish to serve up.
The sausage adds a bit more kick in flavor, but ground beef is what I use often! Either meat works great. You will love it.
Here are More Pasta Instant Pot Recipes To Make
- Mac and Cheese with Ground Beef | This is a Hamburger Helper version that is great for kids and adults to enjoy.
- Goulash | Here is a hearty and satisfying goulash that will be a total comfort dish for you. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try.
- Thai Instant Pot Noodles | My favorite Thai inspired dish that will knock your socks off. Whip this up for one insanely satisfying dish.
How to Make Baked Ziti
First, brown the Italian sausage using the saute function on your Instant Pot. When the sausage is cooked, deglaze the pot with a little bit of the chicken stock to make sure there is no food stuck on the bottom of the pot.
Then, you'll add in the remaining ingredients and make sure that the pasta is tucked down into the broth and pasta sauces so the pasta is completely covered. When learning how to cook pasta in an Instant Pot, that is the most important tip. Make sure the pasta is covered.
Once that is done, close the lid on the pot and set to sealing. The sealing ring will ensure a tight seal on the pressure cooker.
Set the cook time on high pressure and get ready to pressure cook. The heating element will heat up the pressure cooker, cooking the pasta to perfection.
How Long to Cooked Baked Ziti
You'll set the pressure cooker baked ziti cooking time for just 5 minutes. Remember that the pasta is cooking when the pot is building up to pressure, during the pressure cooking countdown, and then when the pot is releasing pressure. So, 5 minutes on the timer is plenty.
How long to cook pasta in Instant Pots will vary based on what type of pasta you use. Keep that in mind if you decide to use a different type of pasta.
How To Store Leftover Pasta
You will want to store this in an airtight container in the fridge. This can store for up to three days. Just reheat as you would like whether in the microwave or even in a skillet on the stove or oven.
It tastes great leftover and is filling enough to stretch a few meals!
Get More of Our Latest Recipes
- Want to Easily Make Korean Ground Beef Recipe for the Instant Pot? Newly Obsessed!
- How to Convert from the US Measurements to the Metric System
- Why You Absolutely Need to Try This Delicious Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer Recipe
- Learn How to Easily Make This Amazing Instant Pot Steak
- Garlic Naan Recipe - How to Make Naan Bread