Instant Pot Asian meatballs paired with the recipe. A quick and easy weeknight dinner that takes just 12 minutes to cook. Give these homemade Asian beef meatballs a try today.
I love the pot in pot method when you are cooking rice. It allows you to cook your main dish and rice side all at once while keeping them separate in the Instant Pot!
The glazed meatballs work great with the white rice, as it soaks up all the sweet and savory flavors from the meatballs.
Table of contents
Why You Will Love This Asian Meatball Recipe
- Homemade meatballs - can use frozen meatballs
- You cook the rice the same time as you cook meatballs
- 7 minute cook time
- Quick prep
- Sweet and savory flavor
- Homemade Asian sauce to elevate the flavor of these sticky glazed meatballs
Supplies Used to Make Meatballs
- Rice pot-in-pot - Like our Instant Pot white rice? Now you can make white rice in the pressure cooker at the same time you cook up these meatballs recipe.
- Rice paddle - We like to use a rice paddle to fluff the rice after it cooks.
- Meat baller - This is used to easily shape meatballs hands-free.
- High trivet - Set your pot of rice on top of this high trivet so it leaves the meatballs untouched.
Ingredients For Pressure Cooker Meatballs
- Ground Beef
- Green Onions and Garlic
- Ginger Paste
- Soy sauce
- White Wine Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
How to Make Asian Meatballs with Rice
Meatballs | The first thing you want to do is work on mixing up your meatballs. Make sure the ingredients are mixed, but don't overmix or it can make meatballs dense.
Make 10 meatballs. Place water in Instant Pot, and place trivet inside. Sit meatballs on trivet.
Rice | In an Instant Pot safe pot you will add rice and water, and place on top of the meatballs in the Instant Pot.
Pressure Cook | Now you will place the lid on and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Cook for 7 minutes followed by a quick release of pressure.
Sauce | In a bowl you will mix up your sauce. You just want to ensure it is fully incorporated. You will spoon this over your cooked meatballs once done.
Assemble | Add rice into a bowl and top with your saucy meatballs.
More Meatball Recipes
Other Asian Inspired Recipes to Try
- Instant Pot Asian Beef Bulgogi Bowls
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Sesame White Rice - How to Make Rice in Instant Pot
- Vegetarian Pho Instant Pot Recipe
Variations To Instant Pot Asian Meatballs
- You can use frozen meatballs in replace of homemade meatballs.
- Skip the rice if you want to serve these meatballs up as an appetizer.
- Serve with cauliflower rice for a low carb side.
- Use pork in replace of ground beef.
- Use a store-bought Asian sauce instead of making homemade Asian meatball sauce to speed up prep.
Store your leftover meatballs and rice in the fridge for up to three days. If you don't plan to eat them right away, go ahead and freeze. The meatballs can freeze for around 3 months.
Alternative to Breadcrumbs in Meatballs?
Oats are a great alternative to making meatballs in replace of breadcrumbs. Or you can even use crushed crackers as well.
I have only tried this recipe with breadcrumbs, so I can't vouch on the texture of the meatballs if you swap out the breadcrumbs.