Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I might receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
This Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe is one of the best flavors of this time of year. The soft texture paired up with the hint of pear and applesauce makes this truly a dessert dream come true. Kids love the texture of this applesauce and I love how easy it is to make!
Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe
Anytime I taste applesauce, I'm instantly transported back to when I was young. I can still remember sitting in my mom's kitchen, watching her whip up a batch of her homemade applesauce. And now, that's one memory that I get to share with the kids.
Only this time around, I'm letting the Instant Pot take over and make it perfect every single time. I love having this ready for them for breakfast, dessert, or even as a quick and easy afternoon snack.
And it's so easy to change up the taste and flavor by varying up the type of apples that you choose to use as well.
Instant Pot Kitchen Supplies
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in really handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I'm not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
Ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Cinnamon Applesauce
Just gather up the shortlist of simple ingredients below to get started! It's such a simple way to make applesauce in the Instant Pot.
- Water or sugar-free apple juice
- Ground cinnamon
- Fresh lemon juice
- Optional: Honey
Ways To Enjoy This Instant Pot Applesauce
The great thing about applesauce is that you can enjoy virtually any time that you want. Starting off the day with a bowl of this is totally “sweet”, or you can use this as the dessert for the kids for the week.
I also love to put this in the freezer for a short amount of time because it adds a fun texture as well. It's also a great way to offer the kids a cool treat other than ice cream or something else that's loaded down with sugar.
Best Kitchen Supplies for Making Applesauce from Scratch
- Apple corer | Use this kitchen utensil to core apples, pears, and more.
- Apple peeler | Typically used as a potato peeler, this apple peeler is just what you need for peeling the apples and pears in this recipe.
- Mason refrigerator jars | This set of Mason jars comes with plastic lids, which make them ideal for a reusable container. We also use these containers on a regular basis to store salads in a jar.
- Ninja food processor/blender | If you don't have a food processor or a blender, or are in the market for a new one, this combination set of a Ninja food processor and blender is top rated and one of the best small kitchen appliances we have purchased.
What apples work best for applesauce?
While this is ultimately up to you, I do have a few suggestions for you to consider. Sweet apples are what are going to add a lot of the natural sweetness to this homemade applesauce recipe so that means apples like Gala, Honeycrisp, and even red delicious are all going to be great choices.
But if you're looking for something a little bit more tart, granny smith can easily give you that, too. You'd just then have to sweeten it up more later if you wanted by adding in a bit more honey.
And if you happen to pick apples that don't have a ton of sweetness to them, don't fret. You can add in your own sweetness with extra honey or natural flavors like that.
Just make certain that you wash them well, peel them, and core them so that there aren't any issues or surprises in the applesauce once cooked.
Want More Simple Apple Instant Pot Recipes?
- Apple Spice Cake in the Instant Pot | If you like spice cakes, you will LOVE this apple spice cake. It is moist and delicious!
- Instant Pot Apple Crumble Cheesecake | An ideal fall cheesecake, the flavors in this apple crumble cheesecake can't be beat..
- Apple Pie Jam | This is one of our most popular recipes, and is perfect for topping English muffins or toast with.
- Easy Apple Cobbler | Just a few ingredients and you'll have a tasty dessert ready for a crowd.
- Applesauce Cake | Use the extra apple sauce you make in this recipe in this apple sauce cake. It's so delicious!
Supplies to make homemade applesauce
Sugar Free Applesauce Recipe
- 4 apples, peeled and cored
- 2 pears, peeled and cored
- ¼ cup water or sugar-free apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, optional
- Add the pears, apples, water, cinnamon, and lemon juice into the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Put on lid and lock. Put the vent to sealing and set the manual for 4 minutes.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Once done, manually release pressure.
- At this time, you can taste and see if you want to add in the honey. Then transfer it all to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Will stay fresh in the fridge for up to one week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pot in Pot, Compatible with 6qt Instant Pot
ekovana Stackable Steamer Insert Pans with sling - compatible with 6qt Instant Pot - Pressure Cooker Accessories for Pot in Pot, Baking, Lasagna pan
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Sous Vide, Roast, Bake, Broil, and Warmer|8 Quart|11 One-Touch Programs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 0g